Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2018, 08:53 AM   Topic Starter
__

It makes no sense to do anything but pay Dee Ford long term.

I don't know if I'd lock him into a Justin Houston 6 year contract, but I'd lock him into a 4 year contract where he's consistently highly paid and gives the Chiefs an "painful" out in 2 years and an easy out in 3.

I know we are reticent to give big money away again, since the last two defensive contracts have gone to defenders who can't stay healthy or whatever it is Berry is doing these days.

But there are very few ways to play effective defense in today's NFL, and they all involve passrushing. I think we should pay Ford to stay.

The concerns that he might "quit" are real, so I trust the Chiefs on this who are around him every day. But this is a guy that had to learn to play football and is as physically gifted as they come. He's strengthened up against the run -- a far cry from the days where he ran away from ball carriers -- and is probably our second-best OLB in coverage, behind Houston.

He's not the leader Hali was, and he's not as intelligent a player as Houston is, but he's possibly the most physically gifted of the three and has a great attitude -- he has never sulked or even faced the slightest suggestion that he's anything other than a good locker room presence. And this coaching staff deserves better than to pour 5 years into his development only to let him walk. We did that with Rodney Hudson and it's just the worst.

Franchising him is not the worst thing in the world. But you cannot let him walk.

Sign Ford long term.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.