Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2017, 04:16 PM  
In Search of a Life

David Carr " Chiefs have higher upside with Mahomes"

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Yet, here we are looking at the same Kansas City Chiefs offense we've seen year after year.

The Chiefs have made three playoff appearances since Reid took over as head coach in 2013, losing once in the wild-card game (2013) and twice in the divisional round (2015, 2016). I'm a fan of Reid and quarterback Alex Smith, but with the way things are right now, they'll be sitting at home while Pittsburgh and New England duke it out on Championship Sunday.

I was Smith's teammate in San Francisco for one year (2010) and I got to know him well. When the weather starts playing a bigger factor in games late in the season, he's not a guy who can make tough throws in tough conditions. He's particular and wants the football a certain way. The colder the weather the firmer the ball and other conditions make the ball slippery. It's really hard to play in inclement weather as a quarterback, yet there are some guys -- like Brett Favre -- who could grab a ball out of a bucket of water or pile of mud and hurl it downfield. But everybody's not like that, including Smith. The conditions have to be right and the running game has to be there. As we've witnessed throughout his career, Smith isn't often going to transcend an offense and win a game on huge throws -- a frequent critique. He's just not that type of quarterback.

Early in the season, we saw Smith make those big plays and the Chiefs were rolling. We've seen downfield shots slowly digress as the season's gone on, a trend that goes back to at least the past two seasons. Since 2015, Smith has been far more effective throwing the ball down field (20-pus air yards) through the Chiefs' first eight games than he has in their final eight, completing more passes (42.1 percent vs. 36.7 percent) with a better TD-to-INT ratio (8:0 vs. 2:4) and a significantly higher passer rating (124.3 vs. 63.1).

Furthermore, since Smith's first year with the Chiefs in 2013, his passer rating on pass attempts of more than 20 yards has fallen off in the second half of the season.

September: 92.0
October: 111.1
November: 63.5
Dec.-Jan.: 68.8

The Chiefs' high-flying offense started to stall after the Steelers exposed a weakness in Week 6. Pittsburgh played more zone coverage and allowed them to throw the ball underneath by respecting the ability of Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce to make things happen downfield. In addition, the run game hasn't been as effective the last five games (the Chiefs are 1-4 in that stretch), averaging 81 rush yards per game. That's 70 yards per game fewer than Kansas City put up in its first five games (all wins). In my opinion, Smith needs the run game to improve or we'll likely see him continue to struggle throwing the ball downfield as this season progresses.

I know this sounds crazy, but there's a case for Patrick Mahomes, who played well in the preseason, to start in place of Smith as the playoffs near. The Chiefs gave up a third-rounder and next year's first to draft Mahomes, viewing him as their franchise quarterback of the future. He's a gunslinger who adds another dimension in the pass game when a) the weather worsens, and b) they're trying to go head to head with the AFC's best offenses.

It's definitely possible the Chiefs could find themselves in a Nathan Peterman situation, especially if they don't handle the timing of the switch well. We don't know. What I do know, though, is we can expect the same ending to the Chiefs' story if they don't change up their cast of characters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-limits-chiefs
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #121
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Or he doesnt want to admit his mistake with Smith, and would rather be the captain going down with the ship. Its not like this hasnt happened before with Pioli and Cassel.
I'm just glad that SOMEONE( Veach )at One Arrowhead Drive took a look at the last 30+ years of Chiefs QB dumb****ery and said, "**** THAT shit, no team under MY watch is going to be this reeruned and archaic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Then its time to start Mahomes. 6 games experience more he will have heading into next season.

JFC people this kid isn't made of glass and he is mobile as hell.
You and I have disagreed on the football for a long, long time. That said, I am really thrilled to see you and others not only seeing the light, but running like a scalded dog straight in to the mother****er at light speed.

I'm sure a lot of people believe that my only football joy in life is running around CP with rockets firing from my ass, blasting anything and everything the franchise does, but it's simply not true.
I just decided that there was absolutely NO point in making any further emotional investments in the franchise for as long as they continued to do the same stupid shit over and over.
Now that we're reaching the end of that sad, sad state of affairs, I am getting more and more excited with each passing day about the new era we are getting ready to embark upon. I'm not sorry about casting the Smith era Chiefs to the side, as I knew there was no point in even TRYING to accept it or be happy about it. Same old movie, same old ending.

I just want to blast through the rest of this season, forget about it, and get ready to start reading anything and everything Chiefs once Mahomes takes over. And finally, when we get to camp and pre season, I'm going to dust off the old gear, set my mind right, and join the ****ing Chiefs Army as we march through the AFCW and beyond all Warsaw Ghetto-style with no ****s or mercy given.

That's where I'm at.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:40 PM   #122
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Then its time to start Mahomes. 6 games experience more he will have heading into next season.

JFC people this kid isn't made of glass and he is mobile as hell.
That's true, but Mahomes' style DOES put his body at extra risk.

Just playing devil's advocate. I'm 100% on the Mahomes wagon.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #123
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Our D did a fantastic job in the red zone but other than that they got dominated by the run game. I'm not saying they were bad overall but they certainly did not do a good job stopping the run.

If you are going to criticize Smitty for his playoff performance cool but don't throw a hissy fit when someone criticizes another part of the team because you hate Alex Smith.
How do you win games in the NFL?

Does it involve scoring touchdowns and not allowing touchdowns?

Did they start awarding points for rushing yards? Is this fantasy football?
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #124
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh View Post
When a playoff opponent is held to 18 points you have to win. The defense kept them under 20 so they did their job regardless of "stats".
sure, I agree with that but on the other hand a team should win a playoff game when scoring 44 don't you think.

But I seem to remember most of you crying ass babies blaming that on Alex.

So get your story straight and stop your bitching/crying after every dam loss, its getting super old.
hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.hitchief < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #125
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchief View Post
sure, I agree with that but on the other hand a team should win a playoff game when scoring 44 don't you think.

But I seem to remember most of you crying ass babies blaming that on Alex.

So get your story straight and stop your bitching/crying after every dam loss, its getting super old.
Another Shitty only fan ^
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #126
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
How do you win games in the NFL?

Does it involve scoring touchdowns and not allowing touchdowns?

Did they start awarding points for rushing yards? Is this fantasy football?
These are stupid questions and I am not going to answer them.

The Alex Smith haters criticize him for everything and anything. It is always his fault if the offense doesn't do well. Doesn't matter how many drops, bad run game, bad offensive line play etc. Alright fine he's the leader of the offense he is supposed to take most of the blame. But when I criticize the defense for not doing against the run the Alex Smith haters defend the defense to the death.

The run defense was horrible. It allowed the Steelers to eat up the clock and get into the redzone 6-times. Our redzone D was great and 18-pts isn't a lot but don't act like our defense dominated the Steelers, they didn't, not even close.

Got to love the double standards which is common on ChiefsPlanet - The Home Of The Alex Smith Haters.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #127
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:

The Alex Smith haters criticize him for everything and anything. It is always his fault if the offense doesn't do well. Doesn't matter how many drops, bad run game, bad offensive line play etc. Alright fine he's the leader of the offense he is supposed to take most of the blame. But when I criticize the defense for not doing against the run the Alex Smith haters defend the defense to the death.

The run defense was horrible. It allowed the Steelers to eat up the clock and get into the redzone 6-times. Our redzone D was great and 18-pts isn't a lot but don't act like our defense dominated the Steelers, they didn't, not even close.

Got to love the double standards which is common on ChiefsPlanet - The Home Of The Alex Smith Haters.
You're not allowed to root for the Chiefs next year when Alex is gone.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #128
Plays to win the game!

How many dink and dunk offenses are winning Super Bowls nowadays?
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:16 PM   #129
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
That's true, but Mahomes' style DOES put his body at extra risk.

Just playing devil's advocate. I'm 100% on the Mahomes wagon.
Another way to look at the injury risk is that if he DOES get hurt due to prolonging a play when he shouldn’t or running around, wouldn’t we want him to learn that lesson this season since things aren’t looking so good? He would have all offseason to heal. If he goes out next year and gets hurt week 1 and is out for the season due to dumbassery on his part that would be really disappointing.
prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.prhom would the whole thing.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #130
MVP

Just do it, then the excuses for Reid will be at an end.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #131
Mahomosapien

Quote:

I will help you a little.

Points are what counts.

Alex Smith is the leader of the side of the ball that is supposed to score points.

The defense is supposed to keep the other team from scoring points.

It doesnt matter if the opposing team has 1500 yards in a game, if they score 9 points.

It doesnt matter if Alex Smith is responsible for 150 yards if it leads them to 31 points.

The problem is that the defense Let up 9 points four days ago, and Alex couldn't will his side of the team to 4 ****ing field goals against the 2nd worst defense in the league.

The problem is that the Steelers didnt score a single touchdown in an entire playoff game, and still won because Alex Smiths offense couldn't score 19 at home.

The biggest problem is cucks like you blaming the offensive line when the tape shows a scared bitch with happy feet in a clean pocket constantly.

The biggest problem is cucks like you blaming the receiving corps when there is a ton of video evidence showing them running wide open down the field.

I really hope we get to see the chiefs on one of these spider cam games so that the masses can see all of the wide open shots this guy misses.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #132
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

I think it is Hilarious that is was the general consensus of the board and in the media that Alex would be Alex an Mahomes would take over in 2018.

Then Alex went apeshit and started getting MVP talk, only to have his nuts draw back up inside his vag, and now Everyone is calling for his head.

His early season success showed KC what a real QB is suppose to look like and when the real Alex returned everyone was like **** THIS SHIT!!!!

LOLOLOLOLLOL
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #133
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

Quote:

If CP were a sport, this is what getting posterized would look like.
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #134
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Chris Simms: Chiefs should replace Smith with Mahomes if he can't turn offense around Sunday
Video ---> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...arting-mahomes
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #135
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
Does PA Reidbot ever think for himself?

Or does he just mosey over to KCC.com and get his marching orders from that dumb whore Suzi Kolber?

What would you expect from Carl.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.