Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-19-2017, 02:50 AM  
In Search of a Life

Windows 10 hard freezing

Windows 10 recently forced the fall update on me and now I am having problems gaming on the system.

I5 4500k
12gb ram
R200 series Radeon

Dell system. Would roll back the stupid update, but MS thought it wouls be cool and good to only give you 10 days for that. ****ers.

Where should I start with this shit?
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Ain't no relax!

Launch Events Viewer.
Click Windows Logs.
Click System.
Look for the date/time of your crash.
Identify yellow and red warnings and errors.
See if you can tell what bombed. You should see some unexpected shutdowns and such.
You might find also some useful information under Windows Logs\Application or Windows Logs\Security.

If you record your crash times and keep checking, you'll probably figure out the culprit. That's where I'd start at least.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, hold down the Shift key and select restart from the Win10 menu. That will boot you to the boot chooser menu, where you can select troubleshooting options. Pick the Troubleshooting option, then Advanced options. See if you can load a previous restore point from there.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Windows 10 recently forced the fall update on me and now I am having problems gaming on the system.

I5 4500k which one does't matter but https://ark.intel.com/products/serie...ssors#@desktop
12gb ram
R200 series Radeon

Dell system. Would roll back the stupid update, but MS thought it wouls be cool and good to only give you 10 days for that. ****ers.

Fish can take you that direction, it works too but kinda techie.

You can roll it back or should be able to... No issues here but not gaming.

Go to settings , the last entry should be updates follow it to status and then history then scroll way down till you find a windows update by date.

Lets start with what update it installed and the knowledge base numbers and what build you have. I have enterprise 1604 and1703.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 11-19-2017 at 11:17 AM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
Spiraling down the Drain

Quote:

I5 4500k
12gb ram
R200 series Radeon

Apple
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Have you tried Antifreezeing?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #6
Spiraling down the Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Have you tried Antifreezeing?
Might as well. PC’s will always let the owner down.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop View Post
Apple
Linux
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:26 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Launch Events Viewer.
Click Windows Logs.
Click System.
Look for the date/time of your crash.
Identify yellow and red warnings and errors.
See if you can tell what bombed. You should see some unexpected shutdowns and such.
You might find also some useful information under Windows Logs\Application or Windows Logs\Security.

If you record your crash times and keep checking, you'll probably figure out the culprit. That's where I'd start at least.

If that doesn't get you anywhere, hold down the Shift key and select restart from the Win10 menu. That will boot you to the boot chooser menu, where you can select troubleshooting options. Pick the Troubleshooting option, then Advanced options. See if you can load a previous restore point from there.
Looked at event viewer earlier and it just says something about unexpected power, which is what I assume is due to the hard freeze. It doesn't bsod, just hard freeze and I have to cycle.

For some reason, 10 refuses to let me use a restore point.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #9
Supporter

The forced update Tuesday night put my main PC in the Automatic Repair Loop, which led to me restoring from a Disk Image.

Sorry to hear this update has affected others.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Apple
You built your own apple gaming rig?
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The forced update Tuesday night put my main PC in the Automatic Repair Loop, which led to me restoring from a Disk Image.

Sorry to hear this update has affected others.
This seems to be a real issue every time there's a creators update. ****ing Microsoft deciding it now only wants to give you ten days to roll back.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #12
Spiraling down the Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
You built your own apple gaming rig?
I don’t game. I work.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #13
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
I don’t game. I work.

Okay big hitter.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Looked at event viewer earlier and it just says something about unexpected power, which is what I assume is due to the hard freeze. It doesn't bsod, just hard freeze and I have to cycle.

For some reason, 10 refuses to let me use a restore point.
Did you post your built info?
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #15
In Search of a Life

It's a Dell Inspiron 3847 with a 240GB SSD, Radeon R7 250 added and the stock PSU was swapped out for a Thermaltake 500W awhile back.

If I run a game and leave it open, it can stay running for days without any issues. Seems if I start multi-tasking while a game is running it freezes fairly quickly. Didn't have this issue about a month ago.