Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-14-2017, 02:48 PM  
I got Rice cookin in the micro

4k TV

In the next year I am looking to buy a 4k TV. One that plays Xbox 1x on 4k. I don't know where exactly to start researching but I would sit post in the mean time. What I know so far is I am fine with my TV now bit I am a gamer and want the best but not stupid expensive. I know there are obstacles to getting Xbox one x to run 4k. Any advice or sarcasm is greatly appreciated. Thanks and go **** yourself.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:03 PM   #76
You Sweetie!

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:13 PM   #77
MVP

What stations broadcast in 4K? Hell, most broadcast in 720, maybe 1080 with their secondary channels broadcasting in 480. From what I remember the "upgrade" was put on hold over a year ago due to lack of interest and money from broadcasters.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #78
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
What model????

Buy a native 120Hz enhanced like the LG "tru motion" if you can, the TCL is not going to make you happy gaming.*

The Costco C803 is very slow according to reviews, Their better models are adequate if you do not mind streaking and on a 55" TV your going to notice.

*Shop for TCL P607 if you want to save money but it is an 60Hz enhanced to 120Hz but is much faster than your $350 TCL.
TCL model 43s405 is the one I've been watching. While it doesn't get great overall marks for normal tv viewing its getting really good reviews when using it for gaming.

Last edited by 007; 11-15-2017 at 11:46 PM..
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:21 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
I’m looking to put a tv on our main level. Half of our house has a second story upstairs. There is a balcony over our family room that currently doesn’t have a tv. We go downstairs for family tv time.

There are 8” tall windows in the room where I️ need the tv with a 3 foot drywall gap above them and another 5” worth of windows. We have window coverings in the lower, but not upper windows. Plus there isn’t a good spot to hang a projector.
With Oled TV I am dome with projectors. Never again For a fake 4K Projector with good black and colors you need $2500 for the unit, then a screen, it's housing, and you have to get power to it and cables. (I still like cables) Then every year $280 for a bulb. Nope, nada, not going to do it.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:29 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:41 AM   #81
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
What stations broadcast in 4K? Hell, most broadcast in 720, maybe 1080 with their secondary channels broadcasting in 480. From what I remember the "upgrade" was put on hold over a year ago due to lack of interest and money from broadcasters.
I don't know what you mean by the broadcasters?

Quote:
Because X1 boxes to not offer a "native" setting, if you have the box set to 1080p then yes, all channels are converted to output in 1080P.

What resolution the channels are originally broadcast in is an entirely different story. Most networks are 1080i. ABC and ESPN are main exceptions broadcasting at 720P.
The TV upscales the picture depending on which set you bought. You only get true 4K from your own sources.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
TCL model 43s405 is the one I've been watching. While it doesn't get great overall marks for normal tv viewing its getting really good reviews when using it for gaming.
As long as you understand that you are going to have a generic 4K set with drawbacks such as hard to see in bright surrounding, picture desegregation an angle and the need for an external sound unit due to crappy sound. But if what you want is a streaming set with a nice picture and gaming capabilities for low$$$ this looks like the set

I do question the 43" vs the 49" unit as I only see a few bucks difference.

I would certainly be advised that this is a HDR compatible unit (NOT HRD) so you will be able to use HDR sources but not get all the benefits. I doubt this is an issue.

With Best buy at $349 for the 49" (49S405) unit with conditional price match you may pick one up and price match it with no hassle.

As long as you know you are getting a basic 4K TV for a kids dorm room it's be fine.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #83
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
In the next year I am looking to buy a 4k TV. One that plays Xbox 1x on 4k. I don't know where exactly to start researching but I would sit post in the mean time. What I know so far is I am fine with my TV now bit I am a gamer and want the best but not stupid expensive. I know there are obstacles to getting Xbox one x to run 4k. Any advice or sarcasm is greatly appreciated. Thanks and go **** yourself.
If you are gaming almost exclusively then you should get a monitor around 27". Even for consoles.

This isn't the best option available, but I doubt you want a $1500 monitor. My friend plays his xbox1x on this and it looks phenomenal.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 11-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
If you are gaming almost exclusively then you should get a monitor around 27". Even for consoles.

This isn't the best option available, but I doubt you want a $1500 monitor. My friend plays his xbox1x on this and it looks phenomenal.
That is a 60Hz machine low level gaming monitor. 1MS response time is a faux rating (1ms) as it doesn't state full frame refresh which $1200-$1500 monitors with 200-240Hz panels are in the 5ms total response rate The 1ms can be a 50% refresh. 144Hz is fast for a monitor vs the 60Hz that we were discussing.

Quote:
Gamers might consider a 60 Hz refresh rate too low for action packed titles, but ASUS seems to aim the new monitor at casual gamers who have demands for a higher resolution and an above-average screen size.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #85
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
As long as you understand that you are going to have a generic 4K set with drawbacks such as hard to see in bright surrounding, picture desegregation an angle and the need for an external sound unit due to crappy sound. But if what you want is a streaming set with a nice picture and gaming capabilities for low$$$ this looks like the set

I do question the 43" vs the 49" unit as I only see a few bucks difference.

I would certainly be advised that this is a HDR compatible unit (NOT HRD) so you will be able to use HDR sources but not get all the benefits. I doubt this is an issue.

With Best buy at $349 for the 49" (49S405) unit with conditional price match you may pick one up and price match it with no hassle.

As long as you know you are getting a basic 4K TV for a kids dorm room it's be fine.
I'd be fine with taking a 49 inch set if it didn't require me having to buy a new media shelf.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:32 AM   #86
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Thanks for the help. We decided just to stick to the TV we have.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:36 AM   #87
Supporter

Quote:
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:39 AM   #88
Choco Favre

Quote:
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #89
Shaken. Not stirred.

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/10831511

Thoughts on this sale?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #90
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.