Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-14-2017, 08:14 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

Thanksgiving 2017 food

We're almost a week out (realized that yesterday and can't believe it's that quick). What do you have planning for the big food day?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #121
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Boyfriend is preparing turkey porchetta. I don't know what all it involves, but he got stuffing, cranberries, figs, mushrooms, and prosciutto. He put it in to brine last night.

I am making pumpkin pie tonight, and I'm in charge of potatoes tomorrow.

Papasmurf (or my dad, for those who don't remember him on here) is bringing green bean casserole and bread out of his bread machine.

Just three of us and a toddler, so I think we'll have plenty.
I stand corrected. The boyfriend is making turkey ballotine.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #122
MVP

Let us know how that acidic brine works for you?

I bought 4 ducks and 2 Honeysuckle white birds ($.34lb) when they were on sale so I will be smokin/ frying birds in the spring, until then they enjoy the freezer. I picked up a couple of green hams from my upscale butcher, great price, one I will freeze and the other will brine in the fridge of the RV for 36 hours and get smoked in AZ. Brine is nothing fancy but lots of clove embedded into the meat.
I am hoping to stud it with hab. pepper chunks but the SO does and will make an opinion known on that her opinion counts. I wannas try ghost peppers but not only is she hot but she knows how to fight dirty. Not going to take that chance.

Have a great T-Day. Make some memories....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Decided to stick to a small traditional dinner with just me, my wife, and son. I'm smoking the turkey and the wife will handle the sides and desserts. The kid will help where needed.

Got the turkey in a brine now:

Water
Salt
Sugar
Orange slices
Lemon slices
Lime slices
Onion
Garlic
Thyme

First time I've used that brine, but it smelled fantastic on the stove.

I think the sides are corn, mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuits, green bean casserole, Mac n cheese, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Pretty simple, but I'm looking forward to a small thanksgiving at home for the first time in a while. We're usually traveling to family or going to a friend's house.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #123
Supporter

My mom moved to alabama this year, my sister has her own family and kids and is kind of a stuck up bitch, and my brother is doing stuff with his girlfriends family. My ladys family are all going to arkansas so that leaves just me, her, and my 5 year old.

We decided instead of doing all the work we are just going to go to fogo de Chao on the plaza instead. Brazilian thanksgiving here we come!

hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #124
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Need a picture of the bitch to be certain
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #125
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
My mom moved to alabama this year, my sister has her own family and kids and is kind of a stuck up bitch, and my brother is doing stuff with his girlfriends family. My ladys family are all going to arkansas so that leaves just me, her, and my 5 year old.

We decided instead of doing all the work we are just going to go to fogo de Chao on the plaza instead. Brazilian thanksgiving here we come!
If the pilgrims had landed in Brazil, I would live in the middle of the Amazon.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #126
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at my father-in-law's assisted living home. I assume that it will be a traditional Thanksgiving meal but without any crunchy things.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #127
MVP

Quote:

There are far better places to be had....
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #128
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Need a picture of the bitch to be certain
Happy?

Old 11-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #129
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

Sounds like a great plan!

Hope it all turns out well.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #130
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic View Post
Have a good one TimBone, sometimes staying home for Thanksgiving is for the best. I'm basically doing the same this year. Going to see my great grandmother at her retirement home, but otherwise, dinner is at home this year. Which reminds me, I need to get some whiskey before the stores close.
Nice! Have a good one, man! What's your whiskey?
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #131
I'll be back.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #132
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
That looks like someone shit on a plate
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #133
Veteran

Not cooking for the first time in almost 20 years. Going over to a friend's house. I'll make some stuffing and a pecan pie but that's pretty low key for me.

I traditionally make egg nog the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I put in enough whiskey and rum that it won't go bad and I age it until Christmas. Makes it really smooth and a great after dinner treat for Christmas dinner.

Anybody else make and/or age egg nog?
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #134
I like Pie!

Premade cornbread dressing tonight, prolly looks like poo too.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #135
Cast Iron Jedi

Thanksgiving 2017 food

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Not cooking for the first time in almost 20 years. Going over to a friend's house. I'll make some stuffing and a pecan pie but that's pretty low key for me.

I traditionally make egg nog the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I put in enough whiskey and rum that it won't go bad and I age it until Christmas. Makes it really smooth and a great after dinner treat for Christmas dinner.

Anybody else make and/or age egg nog?

I have about a quart left from two years ago. It's awesome.

Check this out: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296341
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.