Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-14-2017, 08:14 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

Thanksgiving 2017 food

We're almost a week out (realized that yesterday and can't believe it's that quick). What do you have planning for the big food day?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #106
Mostly Ignored

Decided to stick to a small traditional dinner with just me, my wife, and son. I'm smoking the turkey and the wife will handle the sides and desserts. The kid will help where needed.

Got the turkey in a brine now:

Water
Salt
Sugar
Orange slices
Lemon slices
Lime slices
Onion
Garlic
Thyme

First time I've used that brine, but it smelled fantastic on the stove.

I think the sides are corn, mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuits, green bean casserole, Mac n cheese, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Pretty simple, but I'm looking forward to a small thanksgiving at home for the first time in a while. We're usually traveling to family or going to a friend's house.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:10 AM   #107
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Anyone ever have sweet potato cornbread? It's the one thing I always look forward to at Thanksgiving.

Also, we've gone out for Thanksgiving twice. We went to Cracker Barrell both times, which has a nice Thanksgiving meal they put on every year. I'm definitely a fan.
Sweet potato cornbread sounds different. I'd definitely try it.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:12 AM   #108
Sarcasm

Have a good one TimBone, sometimes staying home for Thanksgiving is for the best. I'm basically doing the same this year. Going to see my great grandmother at her retirement home, but otherwise, dinner is at home this year. Which reminds me, I need to get some whiskey before the stores close.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #109
MY LITTLE #15

Boyfriend is preparing turkey porchetta. I don't know what all it involves, but he got stuffing, cranberries, figs, mushrooms, and prosciutto. He put it in to brine last night.

I am making pumpkin pie tonight, and I'm in charge of potatoes tomorrow.

Papasmurf (or my dad, for those who don't remember him on here) is bringing green bean casserole and bread out of his bread machine.

Just three of us and a toddler, so I think we'll have plenty.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:36 AM   #110
In Search of a Life

Just myself the Mrs and the two kiddos. We normally travel but this will be the second time it's just the four of us. Can't wait. Menu:

Turkey, ham, stuffing, rolls, GB casserole, mashed with gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberries, homemade apple and pumpkin pie with homemade salted caramel ice cream. Hoping to gain about 20 pounds.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #111
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Hoping to gain about 20 pounds.
I think you're gonna
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #112
pie is never free

Moms doing the traditional layout this year... roast turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, scalloped corn, rolls
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #113
Supporter

I am trying my hand at deep frying a turkey this year. It's 16lbs. Any advice from the pros on this would be welcome.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:10 AM   #114
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
I think you're gonna
Sweet!
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:11 AM   #115
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Decided to stick to a small traditional dinner with just me, my wife, and son. I'm smoking the turkey and the wife will handle the sides and desserts. The kid will help where needed.

Got the turkey in a brine now:

Water
Salt
Sugar
Orange slices
Lemon slices
Lime slices
Onion
Garlic
Thyme

First time I've used that brine, but it smelled fantastic on the stove.

I think the sides are corn, mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuits, green bean casserole, Mac n cheese, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Pretty simple, but I'm looking forward to a small thanksgiving at home for the first time in a while. We're usually traveling to family or going to a friend's house.
That brine sounds top shelf
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #116
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I am trying my hand at deep frying a turkey this year. It's 16lbs. Any advice from the pros on this would be welcome.

Cook it frozen.

Fill your container with oil.

Drop it fast.

Don't listen to any of this.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #117
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
What could possibly go wrong?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Make sure it's completely frozen when you put it in, that's the best.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #119
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Cook it frozen.

Fill your container with oil.

Drop it fast.

Don't listen to any of this.
Don't forget to cook it in the house. Don't wanna expose the turkey to the elements
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #120
Baba Ganoush

Green Bean Casserole

Mashed Potatoes

Macaroni salad

Ham
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.