Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-03-2017, 12:25 AM  
__

QB Impressions

First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #16
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech
6'3", 220 lbs
41-10 TD-INT, 66%, 5052 passing yards

The more I watch this guy, the more I'm convinced this is a classic Andy Reid QB. I just shit on the Air Raid offense, but man, watch this guy play. He puts up ridiculous numbers with on-point passing (rarely does he test an NFL passing window, however). His athleticism looks good, his passes look great, his size is good. First impression, I'd be willing to burn a 2nd on this guy.
Just read an article that said that his dad was arrested for public intoxication at one of the games...sounds like he'd be an interesting cat to have stumbling around Arrowhead.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #17
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:
Davis Webb, California
6'5", 230 lbs
37-12 TD-INT, 62%, 4295 passing yards

Classic boom-or-bust guy. I am not a huge fan of the Air Raid passing offenses, in general, I think they basically require from-the-ground-up development. Two things Webb has going for him, aside from the fact that the NFL is desperately QB thirsty, is that he's got a great physical frame and does truly throw a beautiful ball. I don't know enough about him to determine whether he's worth the developmental time, however, and can make the pro-style transition.
I love watching this kid play.
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:24 AM   #18
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
Hey, looking ahead a year, what do you think of Baker Mayfield?
Undersized, somewhat lacking in arm strength and I don't think he sees the field that well.

Still worth a Day 3 pick if you're looking for a possible decent back up.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #19
__

In the right offense, I think Mayfield could excel. I like him a lot.

That offense, however, is not Andy Reid's.

Reid depends on an efficient, quick-release, multiple-read system.

Mayfield is a good enough athlete, though.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #20
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:

6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.
What makes you say that?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana View Post
Pretty accurate. I'm not in love with any of these guys. I'd prefer the Chiefs go get a guy in 2018, because that class is STRONG.
Jake Browning! Watched this guy all through high school. Looking forward to following him in the NFL.
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #22
Prestige Worldwide

Yeah....

This is good.

But they are no Tyler Bray.

#saynotonoodlearms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
6'5", 235 lbs
28-4 TD-INT, 63%, 4091 passing yards

Now Rudolph is where the draftniks separate themselves from the layperson who is more casual about this. His size and his numbers are great, but he is a pure product of that wide open spread they play in Clearwater. I've seen this guy play -- his mechanics are horrendous. He never makes reads, all his plays are basically one-looks. His passes are terrible -- he's benefitted from rarely having to hit an NFL-caliber window and having really good receivers. I would probably try out Rudolph as a UDFA, but I really hate him as a prospect.
He's staying in school so that you can watch him suck again next year. Enjoy it.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #24
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Mahomes is presently my favorite combination of skills and attainability.

Trubisky is a slightly safer bet, IMO and Kizer has a little higher ceiling, but I think Mahomes is nearly as talented as both, not nearly as risky as Watson, and most of all, could potentially be had.

So as of right now, I'm hopping aboard the Mahomes train (but no, Tribal - he is not John Elway )
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #25
MVP

I say we stand pat this year and go after Sam Darnold next year.
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #26
Space Cadet and Aczabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
I say we stand pat this year and go after Sam Darnold next year.
I say we stand pat for another 100 years.
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:18 PM   #27
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

Quote:
Chad Kelly, Ole Miss

So... Johnny Manzel, 2.0, amiright? Minus the playmaking ability in big games. Would not draft.
I think Kelly is going to be the best QB out of this draft, and would be absolutely perfect for Reid's offense.

Sit him a year and he's a franchise QB with the right coaching IMO. Sitting behind Smith would be the perfect scenario for this guy. He's a gun slinger with a huge arm and great wheels. If he modeled his play after Smith he could throw for 4000 and run for 800.
He wouldn't play scared like smith, but if he could learn to be safe with the ball and take off when things break down he could be a nightmare for defenses.

Last edited by beach tribe; 01-19-2017 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: I
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:40 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
I think Kelly is going to be the best QB out of this draft, and would be absolutely perfect for Reid's offense.

Sit him a year and he's a franchise QB with the right coaching IMO. Sitting behind Smith would be the perfect scenario for this guy. He's a gun slinger with a huge arm and great wheels. If he modeled his play after Smith he could throw for 4000 and run for 800.
He wouldn't play scared like smith, but if he could learn to be safe with the ball and take off when things break down he could be a nightmare for defenses.
If Chad Kelly were not such a shithead I'd be all for this.
I just don't think this guy values football enough. Stupid decision after stupid decision with this kid.

Patterned behaviour.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:49 PM   #29
Keep doubting J MFing Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
If Chad Kelly were not such a shithead I'd be all for this.
I just don't think this guy values football enough. Stupid decision after stupid decision with this kid.

Patterned behaviour.
He is passionate about football, no doubt about it.

He needs mentoring. And this staff could give it to him.

We've gotten guys like Peters, and Hill by giving guys a shot and monitoring them.

I really think this guy could be a super star in this offense.

Not to mention we could get him with our late 2nd.
Probably a lot later, but I wouldn't **** around. I'd actually trade up in the 2nd. Teams aren't going to overlook what he did to Alabama and LSU and the defenses they fielded.
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:40 AM   #30
Veteran

Love this kid compared to jameis Winston . Arm Strength can make the big plays against I think against Texas he led a 4th and seven in sure defeat to a comeback victory. All the intangibles . I too think Norte dame was a shit show this year. Not sure if he lasts long in the draft but if he's mid teens or in early twenties I trade up for him.
chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.chiefscafan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.