Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #1426
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Thanks, I just saw that. This is not a good sign. It may mean they cut corners in a lot of other places.
And I don't think all their bad decision have been fully aired yet either. I also think we start seeing another round of selloffs of GE stock in activity managed mutual funds. I personally don't think that's hit yet. It's why I think the stock price is going to go lower.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/20/inve...ong/index.html

After it bottoms, hopefully a few key changes and more structured growth in key areas can bolster GE back into the respectability of a well run company.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #1427
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
And I don't think all their bad decision have been fully aired yet either. I also think we start seeing another round of selloffs of GE stock in activity managed mutual funds. I personally don't think that's hit yet. It's why I think the stock price is going to go lower.

After it bottoms, hopefully a few key changes and more structured growth in key areas can bolster GE back into the respectability of a well run company.
Did you ever pull the trigger on BABA?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #1428
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Thanks, I just saw that. This is not a good sign. It may mean they cut corners in a lot of other places.
scho,

GE has been a weird company for a long time. In my time with them, they routinely whacked the bottom 10%/15% of performers in whatever subsidiary to save $. Be it sales, or R/D, they just cut. Stressful AF.

Then when you were spared, you trained the guys who would (one day) replace you. I was fortunate that the division I was in was based in Utah. They pretty much left us alone.

However, my former boss took a position within the company at the home HQ. Shortly after transitioning, his boss (VP director type) got whacked. He knew the writing was on the wall that the entire division would be cratered.

But GE works so slowly that my friend stopped going into the office all together for 22 months. He would do some work from home and occasionally go in just to take pens, pencils, paper.

Sprint may be the only company that was actually run worse than GE.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 11-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #1429
Mod Team

Quote:
Did you ever pull the trigger on BABA?
I did a small purchase on BABA, yes.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #1430
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:

The issue I saw, from the inside, was that GE never developed their own stuff. They were masters at buying up small start ups with great ideas and then adding a GE touch to it. And sometime that ruined the actual product, or unnecessarily complicated a simple product.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 11-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #1431
Fish are scared of me

NVR went up $40 today
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #1432
Fish are scared of me

Ownership has been buying back into (X) Us Steel
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:18 AM   #1433
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
I did a small purchase on BABA, yes.
Good move. 3-5 years should be a huge winner
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #1434
Roy E.

Thinking about buying a few thousand bucks worth of Game Stop (GME). Good decision or not?
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #1435
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Ownership has been buying back into (X) Us Steel
I am still riding this train. Only determination is for how long before I take it off the table and wait for another dip and buy again?

Good news though.

Quote:
Good move. 3-5 years should be a huge winner
Hopefully. It could prove to be a risky play at this price point as some say it's over-valued, but their asset numbers looks good, even with them dumping in money to expand the business (this isn't always good IMO).
Old 11-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #1436
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
Thinking about buying a few thousand bucks worth of Game Stop (GME). Good decision or not?
What do you like about it?

That's risky from what I can tell. I don't see investing much in Brick and Motor stores where many of these things they sell can be purchased so easily online. It's a dying type of business plan, IMO. Their model seems outdated.

But some like it's current buy value as it's been hammered hard over 5 years. Does it's low value make it a good buy or a continuing sinking train?

https://seekingalpha.com/article/412...-dying-company

https://seekingalpha.com/article/412...toward-success
Old 11-24-2017, 12:38 PM   #1437
Fish are scared of me

The RSI on Gamestop is at 25. Typically when the RSI gets below 30 it's in a buy range. That stock has been hammered but it might be at the bottom and a good time to buy. Avg price target I see is from 20-28 with an avg of $24. It's at 17.42 right now. For some reason interest expense doubled in 2017 and revenue went down. Lowest in 5 years. It's gone down every year since 2014. Not very liquid company and no growth.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #1438
Fish are scared of me

Anybody got any thoughts on (TCEHY) ? Chinese company as big as Facebook and has Billions in Free cash Flow. Heavy into the gaming industry.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:18 PM   #1439
Fish are scared of me

(ESIO) up 393% in 12 months,
124% 3 months
67% in 1 month
Old 11-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #1440
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Anybody got any thoughts on (TCEHY) ? Chinese company as big as Facebook and has Billions in Free cash Flow. Heavy into the gaming industry.
I'm not sure they'll see much success expanding their core business (Wechat/wepay & QQ) outside of China. As a social media it can't exist without sharing with the gov. That said, probably solid growth still just in China.

As far as games, it's fine. A lot via acquisition. Like Alibaba, they've been tossing money everywhere. Tesla, Snapchat, German flying cars, moon drones, bitauto. It's hard to keep track of
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.