Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2011, 11:45 PM  
Banned!

Board Game Fans?

A friend of mine has got me into some "geeky" gaming that has become a real hit at my house. We've been playing Ticket to Ride and Forbidden Island as a family, while my buddy and I have been playing Ascension, Resident Evil, and Dominion.

Are there any other cool board/card games out there that I should check out? I mean, I've seen the spiel des jahres lists, but I'd love some first hand thoughts on cool games.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #76
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Anyone who has an iphone or an ipad (and probably android too) can get the Dominion app for free. It plays just like the real game. You can play with other human players or play solo against one, two, or three computer players.
I noted that earlier in the thread. It's not licensed by the Dominion people, but they are allowing it until they release the official version.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #77
Take a Chill Pill

We just bought Star Trek TNG Deck Building Game last night.

I'm not huge into Star Trek, but my playing partner is, and he loves the theme. The game itself is very fun. I can't wait to play more. I'm actually going over to his house to play now.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #78
Banned!

Target currently has Zooloretto on clearance. BUY THIS GAME. If you have kids, they will love it.

In other news, I've been playing Formula D and it's a blast. Great racing sim (for a board game).
Old 07-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Target currently has Zooloretto on clearance. BUY THIS GAME. If you have kids, they will love it.

In other news, I've been playing Formula D and it's a blast. Great racing sim (for a board game).
Agreed on Formula D - fun game...
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #80
Banned!

Knizia's Black Sheep is also on clearance at Target. FYI
Old 09-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #81
Take a Chill Pill

Lords of Waterdeep is really good. Its a management resource game and its good withe either only two or 3-4 people. A bit different gameplay between the two, but fun both ways. Check it out.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #82
Banned!

I'm currently really into San Juan. SOOO much fun.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #83
-Bicho Grande-

Always liked this game.
Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Luke Warm < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #84
Fantastic Planeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I'm currently really into San Juan. SOOO much fun.

My friends have been obsessing over Puerto Rico, which is made by the same people. I haven't played with them though.

KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.KChiefer wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #85
Bustle in your hedgerow?

rel="Lightbox"?s=1ece0f1e43f88dc78fc01778e4dd61d2&attachmentid=102144&thumb=1&d=1347542595" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: Guess Whos 48x48 Canvas 2012.jpg Views: 189 Size: 404.4 KB ID: 102144" style="margin: 2px" />

Check out my giant Guess Who painting!
Backwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #86
'Tis my eye!

Most of these games exist on the computer. Getting all of the shit out and then putting it away again when done is too much work.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #87
Bustle in your hedgerow?

rel="Lightbox"?s=1ece0f1e43f88dc78fc01778e4dd61d2&attachmentid=102147&thumb=1&d=1347576087" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: Mousetrap.jpg Views: 182 Size: 290.3 KB ID: 102147" style="margin: 2px" />

Check out my giant Mousetrap painting! I can't sell it (obviously) but it's about the war on drugs. you can actually play it if you layed it flat and had game pieces, and I've play tested it so half the "mice" wind up broke and in prison while half wind up "outside the Mousetrap" and multi-millionaires - just like in real life! (actually far more wind up in prison, but it's just a game!)
Backwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBackwards Masking is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 04-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #88
MVP

Resurrecting this thread, because I've binge watched the HELL out of Tabletop.

Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #89
MVP

So, because of this, we've purchased Dixit, Gloom and The Resistance.

Dixit is fun, but I'm terrible at it because I'm too literal.

Gloom is by far my favorite, but not everyone likes it because they don't like the pressure of coming up with a small story. But the wife and I played it with a friend, and we made an awesome story together, and it was super, super fun.

The Resistance is the group favorite. Everyone loves it and doesn't want to stop playing it. We've played it with 5 couple friends and they all keep asking when we can play again.

Going to buy Fortune and Glory this week, if I can find it.
Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:06 PM   #90
Banned!

For those of you who enjoy Quarriors (and that should be everyone), the new Marvel Dice Masters is a ton of fun. It's also incredibly affordable (14.99) for the base set, with blind pack expansions selling for a buck apiece.