Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2011, 11:45 PM  
Banned!

Board Game Fans?

A friend of mine has got me into some "geeky" gaming that has become a real hit at my house. We've been playing Ticket to Ride and Forbidden Island as a family, while my buddy and I have been playing Ascension, Resident Evil, and Dominion.

Are there any other cool board/card games out there that I should check out? I mean, I've seen the spiel des jahres lists, but I'd love some first hand thoughts on cool games.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #16
Stuff & Things

Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Gonzo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
In Search of a Life

"Daddy, whats a board game?"

"Nevermind son, just go play the Wii again"
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
The Master

Axis and Allies
Cosmic Encounters
Liftoff
whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.whoman69 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 PM   #19
Banned!

Just picked up Dominion (my own copy) and Settlers of Catan.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
Take a Chill Pill

Bananagrams is a fun game. It's like scrabble, except way more fun and action packed.

My friend is buying his girlfriend Settlers of Catan for Christmas so I am pretty excited for our weekly board game night in the near future.
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #21
Rookie

My friends and I are into Backgammon, Chinese Checkers, and Game of the Generals.
pearlblue is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.pearlblue is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.pearlblue is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.pearlblue is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.pearlblue is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.pearlblue is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #22
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Just picked up Dominion (my own copy) and
Played some dominion, I liked it...Short and sweet. Kind of a deck building / drafting game. Appeals to the MTG player in me....also thought it was cool how you could change the game a lot by adding or removing available cards from the 10 stacks.

Also looked a little more closely at Munchkin Quest...I think I might have to purchase it...Seems to have a lot of the good things that Warhammer Quest had, without the expense.

Although....you can make your own warhammer quest with a little elbow grease.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #23
Take a Chill Pill

My friends and I do game night every wednesday night, I think I may have already mentioned that.

Well my friend is getting his girlfriend Settlers of Catan so we have that to play. The 4 of us also did a secret santa, and I got my friends girlfriend, so I bought her Ticket To Ride: Europe Edition.

I'm not sure if it's a dick move to get someone a gift that I'll be using a lot, but I really think she'll like it. I've never played a Ticket To Ride game, but I've only heard great things.

Anyway, I'm stoked that starting this next week we have both Settlers and Ticket to Ride!
Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #24
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
My friends and I do game night every wednesday night, I think I may have already mentioned that.

Well my friend is getting his girlfriend Settlers of Catan so we have that to play. The 4 of us also did a secret santa, and I got my friends girlfriend, so I bought her Ticket To Ride: Europe Edition.

I'm not sure if it's a dick move to get someone a gift that I'll be using a lot, but I really think she'll like it. I've never played a Ticket To Ride game, but I've only heard great things.

Anyway, I'm stoked that starting this next week we have both Settlers and Ticket to Ride!
I think I need to get your friend's girlfriend a new crock pot because I really like chili!

The weekly game night is a great thing though.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #25
Hello

This is an awesome game when you have a bunch of people. (drinking is optional, but recommended, by me)
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #26
MVP

Some games my friends and I play:

Pandemic
Last Day on Earth
Battlestar Galactica
Formula D
Settlers of Catan

All great games, and makes for a nice variety. I've never heard of Ticket to Ride mentioned here - will have to check that out...

I want to check out the Game of Thrones game, but not sure if it's any good...
Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.Shag would the whole thing.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Settlers of Catan
Seconded...
The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #28
Take a Chill Pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post

This is an awesome game when you have a bunch of people. (drinking is optional, but recommended, by me)
That game is ****ing gay.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #29
Take a Chill Pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
I think I need to get your friend's girlfriend a new crock pot because I really like chili!

The weekly game night is a great thing though.
I once bought my mom a can opener for Christmas because ours stopped working. Huge mistake.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #30
Most Valuable Villain

I don't know if this is any good.....but I figured it belonged in the thread.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/6576...ers-board-game
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.