Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM  
In Search of a Life

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #3796
MVP

Non-craft international would be any of the bigger breweries and companies like Ayinger, Spaten, Pilsner Urquell, Budvar, etc.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:41 AM   #3797
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Lukas Liquors, Gomer's, Bubbles (in the Northland), Village West Liquors (Speedway) should all have it... I think Gomer's requires you have a loyalty card though. I'm sure there are others, but those are the stores I focused on.

The issue is (at least in the past) they limit to one or two bottles... one year they came out with 4 packs and places were limiting to one or two 12oz bottles.

I had given up on it in KC... limited, relatively expensive, and on ****ing Black Friday.
Thanks man. I ended up with 6 regular 4 barleywine 6 BA Ten Fidy and a Big Bad baptista. Headed to side project for two bottles of Beer:Barrel:Time on the way home then Grand Rapids for the CBS launch. The beer fridge is going to be well stocked with stouts.
SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:49 PM   #3798
Mostly Ignored

Would Lagunitas qualify as domestic non-craft?

I thought domestic non-craft was like Bud, Miller, Coors. Stuff like that.
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #3799
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
Would Lagunitas qualify as domestic non-craft?

I thought domestic non-craft was like Bud, Miller, Coors. Stuff like that.
They're 100% owned by Heineken, so technically not craft, yet brewed domestically. So I listed them. I think Bud, Miller and Coors are also all owned by foreign companies. Otherwise, I would've gone Miller for High Life.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #3800
Mostly Ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
They're 100% owned by Heineken, so technically not craft, yet brewed domestically. So I listed them. I think Bud, Miller and Coors are also all owned by foreign companies. Otherwise, I would've gone Miller for High Life.
See, I get all confused when we start talking about who owns what brand and all that. I just looked up Dos Equis to see if it would qualify for the non-craft international and it's made by Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, which is a Mexico subsidiary of Heineken. I'd guess that would qualify as non-craft international, right?

I've just always considered Lagunitas as a craft brewery that sold out to the man....but I would still call them craft, I would think. Similar to places like Goose Island, Karbach, and Wicked Weed, right? Or did some of those breweries only sell a portion of their company to the big beer industry?
TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.TimBone is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #3801
Mostly Ignored

1)What are your 3 favorite styles? Saison, IPA, Barleywine

Saison is my favorite, although I drink more IPAs since there is such an abundance.

2)What are your least favorite styles? sours of all kinds, wheats, that's about it really. I'll try anything else.
3)Favorite craft brewer? Tough question. Parish because of how much familiarity I have with them
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer? I'll go with Lagunitas as well. Stumbling upon Sucks while visiting a Flying Saucer is what started my beer journey.
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer? Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma Brewery. Only because they make Dos Equis, and that's the non-cradt beer that's usually being sipped at my buddy's place when I'm there.
6)Favorite beer right now? Another tough one. Once again, I've got Parish Nova Vert in the fridge right now, and it's likely my favorite Parish Beer, so I'll go with that. Mikerphone's Poetic Hustler is one of the best beers I've ever had, though. On any other day, that could have been my pick. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that GloucesterChief. I feel like we need a longer survey now, though.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #3802
Cheat Death

Quote:
See, I get all confused when we start talking about who owns what brand and all that. I just looked up Dos Equis to see if it would qualify for the non-craft international and it's made by Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, which is a Mexico subsidiary of Heineken. I'd guess that would qualify as non-craft international, right?

I've just always considered Lagunitas as a craft brewery that sold out to the man....but I would still call them craft, I would think. Similar to places like Goose Island, Karbach, and Wicked Weed, right? Or did some of those breweries only sell a portion of their company to the big beer industry?
Yeah, it's splitting hairs at this point. The term "craft" at this point is pretty meaningless, imo. I know the Brewer's Association is trying to push the craft label, literally a logo on beer labels, to keep a clear distinction between breweries that fit their criteria as "craft breweries" and breweries owned by big beer. I'm in the drink what you like camp, but I respect those that refuse to support non-craft breweries. There are legit reasons, mostly fair, competitive distribution. But it's really just a mess of confusion for the average, even above average, beer drinker.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #3803
Mammoth penis

1)What are your 3 favorite styles? Stout, Porter, Rauchbier
2)What are your least favorite styles? IPA, APA, American Lager
3)Favorite craft brewer? Founder's
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer? Goose Island
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer? Duvel
6)Favorite beer right now? Founder's Breakfast Stout
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #3804
MVP

Quote:
Correct. Basically an internationally available beer not brewed in the US. So Dos Equis, Modelo, and Corona would all count.

Quote:
Some of them are getting large enough to fit in the 2nd tier below big beer where Spoetzl, Sam Adams, and Yuengling sit.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:24 PM   #3805
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I was at my BIL's yesterday and rummaging through his beer fridge. Some random shit in there, bunch of Miller Lite which I hate and then some Miller High Life.

I don't think I've had one of those in a decade or so. It was pretty damn good. Nothing I think I'll run out and buy, but enjoyable.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #3806
Politically Incorrect

Tonight for the first time ever I did a mixed 6 pack for $9.99 at Safeway.

Ranked in order I will drink from lowest to highest ABV

1. Four Peaks Kilt Lifter - Scottish Ale 6.0% ABV
2. Leffe Blonde - Belgian Ale 6.6% ABV
3. ODell Brewing - IPA 7.0% ABV
4. Lagunitas Little Sumpin - Sumpin Ale 7.5% ABV
5. Stone - Delicious IPA 7.7% ABV
6. Four Peaks Double Hop Knot - IPA 9.0% ABV

I will probably make it through the first 4
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #3807
Would an idiot do that?

I was flying back from KC yesterday, but someone picked up a couple each for me, and I should be able to get a lot more of the regular BCS. Had some on tap last night and it was fantastic.

Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #3808
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ View Post
Thanks man. I ended up with 6 regular 4 barleywine 6 BA Ten Fidy and a Big Bad baptista. Headed to side project for two bottles of Beer:Barrel:Time on the way home then Grand Rapids for the CBS launch. The beer fridge is going to be well stocked with stouts.
Nice haul.

Epic must have just started distributing to Kansas (or I've completely missed it in the past). Big Bad Baptist is excellent, but prior to this week, I hadn't seen it anywhere since I first had it in LA maybe 4 years ago.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #3809
Mostly Ignored

I will literally pay everyone a million dollars for their Bourbon County Barleywines.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:17 AM   #3810
Cheat Death

Quote:
I will literally pay everyone a million dollars for their Bourbon County Barleywines.
I picked up 2 for you yesterday!