Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2011, 11:45 PM  
Banned!

Board Game Fans?

A friend of mine has got me into some "geeky" gaming that has become a real hit at my house. We've been playing Ticket to Ride and Forbidden Island as a family, while my buddy and I have been playing Ascension, Resident Evil, and Dominion.

Are there any other cool board/card games out there that I should check out? I mean, I've seen the spiel des jahres lists, but I'd love some first hand thoughts on cool games.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:16 AM   #151
Ith Fuhtbawl Time

A Game for Good Christians.

Think Cards Against Humanity meets the Old Testament. It’s teribble fun while drinking with your church friends.
Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Bewbies 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #152
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
There is a board game shop in Mission that hosts various game nights nearly every day. Would be another viable option if anyone is interested.
I'm in for whenever I'm not working.
Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:00 AM   #153
MVP

Current favorites:

Coup
Coup expansion
Fortune and Glory
Geek Out
The Red Dragon Inn
Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Silock has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #154
Veteran

Used to play a lot of Axis and Allies. Unfortunately, some of the later games are broken out of the box and not much fun to play anymore.

Twixt was a favorite way back when. Surprisingly complicated strategy for a simple game.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:53 PM   #155
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Ascension plays well with 2. Heck, even Dominion is pretty good with 2.
Just started getting into deck builders and picked up Dominion. This game is awesome.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #156
Cast Iron Jedi

Anyone play Marvel Legendary or DC's deck builder?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:03 PM   #157
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Anyone play Marvel Legendary or DC's deck builder?
Buddy of mine has all of the Legendaries. They're pretty fun.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #158
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silock View Post
Current favorites:

Coup
Coup expansion
Fortune and Glory
Geek Out
The Red Dragon Inn
Coup is a fun little game, but Red Dragon is a blast with a group.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:23 PM   #159
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Star Realms is a good two player deck builder. Inexpensive app is available too. I am Hydrae (imagine that!) if anyone wants to play a game.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #160
Veteran

I like to get some tips in playing Dominion.

Do you start to invest money first or go for the Witch Card?
Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Msmith has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #161
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
Star Realms is a good two player deck builder. Inexpensive app is available too. I am Hydrae (imagine that!) if anyone wants to play a game.
I like Star Realms a lot but my son kicks my ass almost every time. Oh well, it's still fun to play.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #162
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmith View Post
I like to get some tips in playing Dominion.

Do you start to invest money first or go for the Witch Card?
I played last night with my wife and really focused early on building my money reserves. Really paid off later.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #163
MVP

Figured this thread could use a bump for those who still play table top games. Been getting into heavier experiences lately, and have found two games that top my personal favorites:

Pax Pamir 2and Edition

Food Chain Magnate

BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #164
In BB I trust

Anyone interested should check out boardgamearena.com. It has a very extensive set of games available for free online (you can pay a membership fee to get some added features). Pretty damn good interface overall, and they are constantly adding expansions and new games.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:34 PM   #165
Starter

having grown up playing risk... I enjoy an occasional game still. now on desktop called risk II
cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.