Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM  
Supporter

Must Watch Series

All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a ****ton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.

Last edited by Buehler445; 08-09-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #526
Still Got The Blues (For You)

Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.
Sandy Vagina has disabled reputation
Old 09-26-2017, 02:04 AM   #527
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina View Post
Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.
Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:45 PM   #528
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
South Park is still going strong (on their 21st season this year). thought the season premiere was great.

also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	South Park - Randy Columbus.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	115132  
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:19 AM   #529
Cheat Death

Got sucked into the Suburra: Blood on Rome Netflix series yesterday. It's subtitled, but the story is well done, it's well acted and the shots of Rome are really cool.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #530
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs View Post

I have the new season of Bojack Horseman to watch.

NSFW

Skip it.

Watch BIG MOUTH instead...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:54 AM
olout
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Old 10-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #531

Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Can not wait for S3.. if you like that genre and have not seen... SEE.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:33 PM   #532
Supporter

Quote:
Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Yeah. I watched it and posted that I enjoyed it. The beginning monologue annoys me abnormally.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:30 AM   #533
I'm with the Banned

Quote:

This.

Great effing show, very well done.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #534
Supporter

Happy happy happy HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.
Never even heard of it. Will remember this, and check into.. at some point.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:52 PM   #536
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.
Holy pancake titties, Maggie Gyllenhaal ruined this for me. It's like she's intentionally getting naked in every scene. Plus, it's a lot of Franco, which isn't surprising since their both producers and actors in it. Had potential, but they couldn't get out of each other's way.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:25 PM   #537
Supporter

I watched River on Netflix. It’s like a miniseries type thing. I thought it was really a good watch. Not necessarily a happy watch, but a good one.

In the age of sensitivity, I don’t know where this falls on the spectrum of “sensitive enough” regarding mental illness. I have virtually no experience with mental illness so I’m not one to discuss it. What I will say is the notes they were trying to hit resonated. With me anyway. It was very well acted - and on some very complex and difficult to grasp emotions/situations. It also tackled some racism and predjudice ideas that are often dicey and poorly executed that I thought were handled well.

Well worth the watch in my opinion. And the time commitment isn’t all that big.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #538
oxymoron

I'm ****ing loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #539
In Search of a Life

The 2 Dave Chappelle stand up's are ****ing awesome! dude went in on everyone. haha
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #540
error 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
I'm ****ing loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.
This.
sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sd4chiefs Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.