Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2019, 10:15 AM  
In Search of a Life

No Chris Jones at OTA's.

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #601
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
That's probably not a bad idea.

I don't think it's good for the league when guys like Dak Prescott hold their teams hostage to the tune of $30 million AAV. If you're a damn good multi-sport high school athlete and you don't think you can cut it as a QB, why the hell would you bother focusing on football at all? You sacrifice your body and contribute just as much to the success of your team, yet you get paid a pittance compared to Jackass McGee. That seems like a shitty ****ing deal.

In baseball or basketball it doesn't matter what position you play. If you dominate, you're getting your money. Period. In football if you're a RB, you could be the best at your position for 5 years, have greater fame than most QBs due to fantasy football, and get paid a fraction over your entire career compared to what that dipshit Dak Prescott makes.
I think the problem is management. Paying dipshits like Dak is a terrible move but if you let him walk and some kid comes in, as management you're gonna get canned if that kid can't achieve much in his first 1-2 seasons.

If you pay a guy like Dak and he gets you 8-8/9-7 then at least your job is safe.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-21-2019, 12:13 PM   #602
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
I think the problem is management. Paying dipshits like Dak is a terrible move but if you let him walk and some kid comes in, as management you're gonna get canned if that kid can't achieve much in his first 1-2 seasons.

If you pay a guy like Dak and he gets you 8-8/9-7 then at least your job is safe.
If your team is built the way it is like the Cowboys are, where almost everything is in place except for one or maybe two explosive receivers and some secondary depth... God, I think I might try taking advantage of the QB shell game rather than paying Dak $30 million. What's the alternative? I mean, yeah, try to keep shooting at picks in the draft, but... can't believe I'm saying this after years of drafturbating about 1st round QBs... but it has to happen eventually if the NFL doesn't cap the position.

I know the money shouldn't be a reflection because the cap keeps growing by leaps and bounds, and it's more about the percentage of the cap your QB takes up rather than the money.

What I'm getting at, though, is currently where things stand, Dak is asking for top 5 QB money when he's not close to being a top 5 QB. I mean, it's even possible he's trying to top the Aaron Rodgers extension from JUST LAST YEAR.

Somebody has to put the screws to these freakin game manager douches. It has to end at some point.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #603
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Well my brother gave the Star the click so I read Sam’s article. This was interesting:

Apparently Veach wants to give Jones a deal with 3 years of club control totaling $50 million in guarantees (at the most).

Jones wants an extension with $63.5 million in guarantees that Frank Clark got.

If we really want to keep this dude, just give him the damn guaranteed $$ now before the has another huge year and that number goes up to $70 million.

Do the 3 year deal, add it onto his last year of his rookie contract year and have him here for 4 more years with a way out after year 2.
No way he should get that kind of money when he can't stop the run.
Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #604
bite me

I'm sure someone else has already said this but I don't see the Chiefs having two 20+ million dollar players on their D-line. I'm not expecting a long term contract for Jones; more likely a Dee Ford tag and trade scenario in his future. (If I had to choose between the two I'd take Frank Clark in a heartbeat).
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #605
MVP

He’ll be here by Aug. 6th. Sign a ‘fair’ extension or play his last year on a cheap deal here. Get franchised. Then either play on a one year franchise tender, agree to a ‘reasonable’ contract, or get traded for some nice draft capital.

Chiefs have all the leverage in this situation. They need to play the long game if Chris and his agent are going to insist on a ‘break the bank’ contract.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #606
Veteran

I think he wants to make bank on last year. Sacks are money. It'll be hard to repeat his sack totals from last year with coach/scheme numbers changing he may have even less leverage next year vs. last year. I do also sense a bit of butthurt from the Clark signing even though I personally think it might help him by drawing some blocking attention away from him.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:19 PM   #607
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
I think he wants to make bank on last year. Sacks are money. It'll be hard to repeat his sack totals from last year with coach/scheme numbers changing he may have even less leverage next year vs. last year. I do also sense a bit of butthurt from the Clark signing even though I personally think it might help him by drawing some blocking attention away from him.
Sacks are money if the defense isnt run on as if no one is trying to stop a back.
High sack numbers more often than not come from abandong position. It's great when you get the sack ...yay!... but how many times in comparison did you NOT get a sack and leave a lane open.
And again he has no leverage and he should have asked for it and when it wasnt reciprocated immediately he should have been showing the team he wanted to be there regardless.
You can always have talks but dont immediately jump to hold outs or not showing up to OTAs with a new coordinator
Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #608
Baba Ganoush

Trade him for Patrick Peterson along with their 3rd round pick.

Age would come into play, so we just get a pick with no problem.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #609
In Search of a Life

We are not trading Jones- he was the bright spot of the defense last year.

Chiefs need to pay the man. I want him retiring a Chief after several SB wins and a HOF career.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #610
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post

Patrick and a 1st rounder maybe, anything less is just stupid for ascending player... Besides PP (29 y/o) won't have much left in the tank a few years from now.
Warrick has disabled reputation
Old 07-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #611
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post

The ****?
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:31 PM   #612
I'll be back.

This is Weatherman Kumke. He has some inside sources.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:40 PM   #613
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Asshole is a troll
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #614
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Clay, isn’t this the dude who clowned in super hard here? Zach Kumke or whatever, the high school ish kid?
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #615
Choco Favre

We're so close to a SB. Don't trade anyone.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.