Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2019, 10:15 AM  
In Search of a Life

No Chris Jones at OTA's.

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #496
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
If a player wants to get paid early then they have to take less. It is the way it works in the NFL with all teams. Clark wanted paid last year, didn't happen so he played out his contract and although it wasn't the Seahawks he got paid. If Jones wants Cox/Donald money he is going to have to play out this season and produce at a high level without injury.

Yes this is true and he’s not totally proven to be on Donald/Cox’s level against the run.

It’s very hard to evaluate because the scheme changed and we were such a train wreck under Sutton, but I don’t think he’s on their level against the run.

He is an elite pass rusher for sure.
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #497
In Search of a Life

Has anyone seen any rumor of the amount of guaranteed money the team is offering Jones?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #498
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Has anyone seen any rumor of the amount of guaranteed money the team is offering Jones?
Donald got a whopping 87 million guaranteed. Clark got around 62 or 63 million guaranteed. So I say between those two is likely a safe bet. Hope that helped. Otherwise I haven't heard anything. I'm not convinced they ever got that far to be honest.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #499
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
It was rumored that the Chiefs offer started at $42M and then upped it to $47M and that Jones agent said they were about $25M apart on guaranteed money.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #500
Andy Reid Supporter

They clearly want to keep the guy or they wouldn’t be negotiating with his agent. So if you want to extend him, do it now.

Jones is going to ball the **** out again this year, especially if he’s working for a new contract. So you lose several millions by not signing him now.

Wait another year and he balls out? You pay him even more instead of a lower price now without a $10 million assistance due to the cap rising.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #501
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
It was rumored that the Chiefs offer started at $42M and then upped it to $47M and that Jones agent said they were about $25M apart on guaranteed money.
Tremendous scoop, there. I had never heard that. Another fella said you gotta play out that final year to get the big bucks like Clark. Of course there are exceptions but that appears to be the case here.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #502
Special Teams ACE!!!

I really don't know if we can take on what Jones is asking (apparently something larger than the Fletcher Cox deal). We can let most of these assholes walk in 2020, but I don't know about losing BOTH starting CBs Breeland and Fuller. The draft can only replace so many starters, and the CB backfield is already plenty depleted.

Assuming Watkins will be jettisoned in order to pay Hill, we currently have the cash for Jones, but then there's that big Pat payday on the horizon...

Chad Henne QB 35 KC TBD $3,350,000 UFA -
Carlos Hyde RB 28 KC TBD $2,800,000 UFA -
Darron Lee ILB 25 KC TBD $2,555,412 UFA -
Xavier Williams DT 28 KC TBD $2,525,000 UFA -
Jordan Lucas S 27 KC TBD $2,025,000 UFA -
Bashaud Breeland CB 28 KC TBD $2,000,000 UFA Market Value
Emmanuel Ogbah DE 26 KC TBD $1,652,410 UFA -
Chris Jones DE 26 KC TBD $1,557,807 UFA Market Value
Reggie Ragland ILB 26 KC TBD $1,460,343 UFA -
Anthony Sherman FB 31 KC TBD $1,020,000 UFA -
Blake Bell TE 29 KC TBD $895,000 UFA -
Jeremiah Attaochu OLB 27 KC TBD $895,000 UFA -
Keith Reaser CB 29 KC TBD $820,000 UFA -
Neal Sterling TE 28 KC TBD $805,000 UFA -
Kendall Fuller CB 25 KC TBD $780,856 UFA -
Demarcus Robinson WR 25 KC TBD $714,293 UFA -
Tyreek Hill WR 26 KC TBD $646,555 UFA
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #503
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I really don't know if we can take on what Jones is asking (apparently something larger than the Fletcher Cox deal). We can let most of these assholes walk in 2020, but I don't know about losing BOTH starting CBs Breeland and Fuller. The draft can only replace so many starters, and the CB backfield is already plenty depleted.

Assuming Watkins will be jettisoned in order to pay Hill, we currently have the cash for Jones, but then there's that big Pat payday on the horizon...

Chad Henne QB 35 KC TBD $3,350,000 UFA -
Carlos Hyde RB 28 KC TBD $2,800,000 UFA -
Darron Lee ILB 25 KC TBD $2,555,412 UFA -
Xavier Williams DT 28 KC TBD $2,525,000 UFA -
Jordan Lucas S 27 KC TBD $2,025,000 UFA -
Bashaud Breeland CB 28 KC TBD $2,000,000 UFA Market Value
Emmanuel Ogbah DE 26 KC TBD $1,652,410 UFA -
Chris Jones DE 26 KC TBD $1,557,807 UFA Market Value
Reggie Ragland ILB 26 KC TBD $1,460,343 UFA -
Anthony Sherman FB 31 KC TBD $1,020,000 UFA -
Blake Bell TE 29 KC TBD $895,000 UFA -
Jeremiah Attaochu OLB 27 KC TBD $895,000 UFA -
Keith Reaser CB 29 KC TBD $820,000 UFA -
Neal Sterling TE 28 KC TBD $805,000 UFA -
Kendall Fuller CB 25 KC TBD $780,856 UFA -
Demarcus Robinson WR 25 KC TBD $714,293 UFA -
Tyreek Hill WR 26 KC TBD $646,555 UFA
Yes, I believed it at the time of the trade and I believe it now. We gave Jones contract to Clark (I believe Clark costs a little less, though.) The transition that D is going is crazy. Even Jones might not be on the team next year. Didnt suspect that before the Clark trade, for sure. I'm not sure Jones was going to hold out until that trade. I kinda dont blame him. That had to be a pinch in the gut.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #504
Inmem 2.0

Honestly I'm not sure hes worth Cox money.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #505
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Honestly I'm not sure hes worth Cox money.
We know you love Cox, but Jones is a much better player and more upside.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM   #506
SuperBowl or bust

I want to see Jones be coached to be more violent and disciplined.

I want to see how many sacks Jones gets without abandoning his other responsibilities and I’m sure that’s what Veach wants, too.

Personally, I’d pay Jones his asking price right now as long as he wants between Cox and Donaldtype cash. He’s EXACTLY the guy you want in the middle of a defense built to force turnovers.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #507
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Better upside? Going into year 4 you kinda are what you are no? Jones is a hell of a force with the pass rush but disappears against the run sometimes. Dunno if that's a high paid level thing or want to. I dont think 100+ mil will fix the want to.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #508
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Only a Chiefs homer thinks Jones is better than Cox. He is not.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #509
MVP

Shit, I wouldn't pay Jones until you see how he fares in a 4-3...and how Saunders looks.

This is a different scheme...and KC has a ton of players on a 1 year or final year deals...including their their 2 starting CBs. They set it up to keep the players that fit.

They'll get a 1st round pick for Jones...if they decide to trade him after this SB year.
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:48 PM   #510
Choco Favre

Some didn't think paying Ford was worth it because of him being a liability in the running game.

Does KC feel like Jones falls into the same category here? Is he not worth the huge money because he seems to blow gap assignments against the run?
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.