Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #4366
Supporter

This stupid ****ing president pushing unconstitutional EO on gun control, about to get exciting ladies and gentlemen
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:17 PM   #4367
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
And can they hit what they're shooting at?
As those of us who are familiar and experienced with firearms know, it's more than just point and click. If this is true, I think the vast majority of these ****ers who think they know guns because they've played Fallout and Call of Duty are in for a rude awakening. Reloading in real life isn't a button push on a keyboard or console. Real guns have weight; they recoil; they malfunction. And you're not going to find the right ammo in random trash cans in real life, either. And there are no stimpacks in real life to instantly heal you if the guy you're shooting at shoots back and puts a round in your chest.

Most of these pricks are too helpless to make a pot of coffee. I'm not terribly worried about them shooting at me.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:02 PM   #4368
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
As those of us who are familiar and experienced with firearms know, it's more than just point and click. If this is true, I think the vast majority of these ****ers who think they know guns because they've played Fallout and Call of Duty are in for a rude awakening. Reloading in real life isn't a button push on a keyboard or console. Real guns have weight; they recoil; they malfunction. And you're not going to find the right ammo in random trash cans in real life, either. And there are no stimpacks in real life to instantly heal you if the guy you're shooting at shoots back and puts a round in your chest.

Most of these pricks are too helpless to make a pot of coffee. I'm not terribly worried about them shooting at me.
I carry a Walther PPS Mod 2 with a 3 inch barrel length which means if you're off by a mm at 10 feet you might as well be throwing the pistol at the person.

However I can put a 9mm +p up at gnats ass. It takes practice.

Keep on keeping on.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #4369
Veteran

Quote:

Most importantly, they can't freeze time to line up the perfect shot.
kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kjwood75nro is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #4370
Live free or die hard

Just out of curiosity what do you felllas think of Corbon 9mm hollow point for defense?

Last edited by Otter; 04-08-2021 at 06:40 PM..
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:48 PM   #4371
The Constitutional Choo choo

My gun shops shelves had powder on them today.
Walked out with a pound of H335 for 30 bucks.
380 ammo. 60 bucks for a box of 50. Ouch!
Still had several 200 count boxes of Green tip 556 for 180 bucks. Again ouch!
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:39 PM   #4372
Starter

Don't envy you guys who live in high density population areas. Living on the ranch way out in the boonies has it's advantages!
driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:51 PM   #4373
Starter

Load them 1st

Quote:
Just out of curiosity what do you felllas think of Corbon 9mm hollow point for defense?
Don't know the brand, but go hollow point everytime.
driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.driver2 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:26 AM   #4374
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:

It really depends exactly what you're shooting. I have run a lot of Corbon and they make all kinds of different rounds. Some of it is really light, some of it is extra hot depending on what your needs are. I know my Glock 20 didn't like the really light stuff and I had trouble with jams. It didd great with the normal ammo and the stuff that was extra hot.

Side note, at one point, I did a tour of the factory. At that time, they had a testing room and I actually got a chance to do some shooting.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:43 AM   #4375
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
It really depends exactly what you're shooting. I have run a lot of Corbon and they make all kinds of different rounds. Some of it is really light, some of it is extra hot depending on what your needs are. I know my Glock 20 didn't like the really light stuff and I had trouble with jams. It didd great with the normal ammo and the stuff that was extra hot.

Side note, at one point, I did a tour of the factory. At that time, they had a testing room and I actually got a chance to do some shooting.
Very nice on the tour, I'm jealous.

I've been running through 115 grain JHP +p and they've been smooth as silk with as much punch as you can get for a 9mm. I'm very impressed with the product and going in deep when I can find the availability.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #4376
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Very nice on the tour, I'm jealous.

I've been running through 115 grain JHP +p and they've been smooth as silk with as much punch as you can get for a 9mm. I'm very impressed with the product and going in deep when I can find the availability.

Yeah, that's a nice round.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2021, 05:42 AM   #4377
Starter

this post is basically a bump to keep this thread up.
like I said in a previous post I don't know corbon brand. Usually I stick with what I know.
I've been a shooter for over 60 yrs, a reloader for 50. Exp. how long has Nosler been around? I recently bought my first box of nosler 270cal bullets because I couldn't find any sierra or speer.
Really going to miss Remington and Colt. We still have winchester and Ruger. Urge you guys to support American mfg's. I still don't buy Jap cars either!
Old 04-12-2021, 07:49 AM   #4378
Fight, build, win!

Nosler partition bullets are really good for the 270 win and 280 Rem very fast rounds used in Missouri woods where your shot could be 100 yards or less. The partition seems to tame these fast open range caliber rifles to open and mushroom in lighter frame animals.

John Nosler designed his dual-core bullet 1947 for hunting Moose in his home state of Oregon. It's a great all-around hunting bullet but costly due to the manufacturing process.

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:01 AM   #4379
The man you could post like.

Quote:

Watched a dude manage to hit one of those giant silhouette targets 3 times on the very left edge out of an entire box of 9mm ammo. Most of the others went into the wall since he was shooting out of lane #1 I'm assuming.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:52 AM   #4380
MVP

Quote:

kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.