Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2018, 04:04 AM  
Starter

Intermittent Fasting

Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MrGiggity Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #211
MVP

Here is one of the greatest fighters in history talking about IF:

saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #212
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I’m a small dude so I go without a meal for like 8 hours and I start to get a dull headache.

I’m sure it would go away at some point but I just can’t deal.
its not for everyone thats for sure, some people need to snack on at least something every now and again. I tried it for a bit, its pretty hard to do at first. If you are someone with insomnia at times its absolutely sucks and you are hungry as **** alot of the times.

If anyone is really looking on how to lose weight, i highly encourage people to look up Michael Jai White on youtube, Dude constantly puts out videos about fitness/fighting
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #213
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
So you aren’t eating anything for 3 days?

How in the hell...?
That's easy, but beyond 3 it's hard because you'll start getting light headed and dizzy.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #214
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
LOL. Then whats the ****ing point of it. I'm healthy and I eat three meals a day and two smaller snacks. Usually an apple or a yogurt.
It's not a magic bullet. It's just a trick to help lower calories. If you binge like crazy during your eating window, you will still gain weight. There can be some health benefits besides weight loss when fasting a little longer (30-48 hours, iirc) like autophagy but according to a study that came out in the last couple of years, fasting longer that three days can start to be harmful.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:27 PM   #215
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
That's easy, but beyond 3 it's hard because you'll start getting light headed and dizzy.
I did okay for three days once but absolutely hit the wall at that point. It takes roughly three days of fasting to deplete the glycogen in your liver and muscles (assuming sedentary lifestyle) so that is probably why. You start running on ketones and glucose made from protein and it's harder to keep the glucose for your brain up. That's what causes the fuzzy thinking and dizziness.
Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #216
In Search of a Life

I'd like someone to explain to me why my body thinks it's so damn important to store fat, but would rather have me pass out and/or get homicidal before it uses any of these copious reserves for energy.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #217
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggity View Post
Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
I have friend who has been doing this for a year. Hes been on the 18-6 fast and hes lost over 80lbs. He eats whatever he wants but hes found that he isnt super hungry during his eating times.
I decided to try it a couple of weeks ago (Feb 11th to be exact) but Im doing 16-8, and so far Ive lost 6 lbs, which is a lot for me.
Im gonna stick with it and see if it keeps working bc so far, so good.
Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #218
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I did okay for three days once but absolutely hit the wall at that point. It takes roughly three days of fasting to deplete the glycogen in your liver and muscles (assuming sedentary lifestyle) so that is probably why. You start running on ketones and glucose made from protein and it's harder to keep the glucose for your brain up. That's what causes the fuzzy thinking and dizziness.
I add a little pink salt to some water and take a potassium and magnesium supplement when I fast thus getting electrolytes. Helps a lot.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #219
Prestige Worldwide

Intermittent Fasting

The 8/16 looks much much more manageable.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:09 PM   #220
C Chiefs once a year!

Bunch of pussys can’t even go more than a few days/hours without food!

Srsly though it seems different strategies work for different people. You just gotta try and find what works for you. Lots of information out there.

I might try the 18-6 after my fast. Interesting stuff.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #221
Fish are scared of me

I've been kind of intrigued by the Wim Hoff methods he uses to control healing and inflammation. I dont know if its bullshit or not but its really interesting. Anybody into Wim Hoff?
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #222
'Tis my eye!

Every time I see this thread in the Lounge list, I see "Life - Intermittent Fisting".
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:52 PM   #223
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
The 8/16 looks much much more manageable.
Just started it, not too bad if you ask me. Set to be on it for 43 days
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:08 AM   #224
Rookie

i might give this a shot too sometime this month
Mahomes15MyHomes is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mahomes15MyHomes is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mahomes15MyHomes is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mahomes15MyHomes is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mahomes15MyHomes is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Mahomes15MyHomes is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #225
I’m a Mahomo!

I only eat noon - 6pm.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.