Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-25-2017, 01:09 AM  
__

LNBS: Dalvin Cook having amazing start w/ 288 yards rushing. Hunt has 401.

Just... let that sink in, mother****ers.

It is unbelievable what this kid is doing.

Having a guy run this well is going to benefit Mahomes immensely when he takes over. The defense can't stack the box, and the defense can't go dime all game either.

He also has 137 yards in the air, too. Guy is just the complete package.

KC has been blessed at RB, man. We had Priest Holmes who had a HOF streak of about four years or so. Larry Johnson set the league on fire for a couple years.

Charles came in and, in my opinion, blew both of them away with his elite speed, versatility and fundamentals.

I think Hunt could somehow end up being the best of the bunch. He lacks Charles' elite speed but he has every bit of Charles' and Holmes' fundamentals, along with Holmes' nose for the end zone. None of them have his ability to shed tackles, though. My god. And he's surrounded by superior weapons than all three enjoyed.

Sky's the limit. This guy is a blast.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:09 PM   #61
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach tribe View Post
Hunt has fumbled 1 time in 4 years of college and 3 pro games how does that put him on Pace for 5?
I'm not looking at college. Given the competition level it's not particularly applicable.

1 fumble in 3 games is on pace for 5 in a 16 game season.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #62
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I'm not looking at college. Given the competition level it's not particularly applicable.

1 fumble in 3 games is on pace for 5 in a 16 game season.
Come on, Dude. That was a fluke.

Ware hadn't fumbled since high school yet fumbled 4 times during the 2016 season.

Fluky shit happens.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #63
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post

A little bitter?
You're ****ing not? What those two sister****ing reeruns did to the Franchise was downright criminal.

Anyone who's not bitter, I don't even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
So you're taking the small sample size?
So was Dane when he was comparing Hunt to Charles.

He's right. If he keeps up this pace he will outdo Charles. But it's early. And quite frankly it's amazing we get to even have the conversation amazing production out of a rookie 4th rounder.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:15 PM   #64
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
When you put up elite production in the two years sandwiching a year you sat out due to injury, I’m going to say you were still elite.

What, bro? Come on. He had 14 TDs in 2014. That was good for like third or fourth in the league. And in 2015 he was leading the league in TDs with 5 through 5 games.

He was elite from 09-15. He can go **** himself now but put some respek on his name.
I'm a bit older than you, which is maybe why I don't have the admiration for Charles as you and younger Chiefs fans, but Charles didn't lead the Chiefs to anything during his time in KC.

Losing season after losing season, injury after injury. He was out on the first series in Indy back 2013, wasn't nearly as effective in 2014 and was invisible in 2015 and 2016, except when he fumbled against Denver, which handed them the #1 seed overall that season. Had he not fumbled, the Chiefs would have likely had the #1 overall seed and the results could have been far, far, different.

I associate Christian Okoye with winning. I associate Marcus Allen with winning. I associate Priest Holmes with winning.

I associate Jamaal Charles with losing.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #65
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Come on, Dude. That was a fluke.

Ware hadn't fumbled since high school yet fumbled 4 times during the 2016 season.

Fluky shit happens.
I get it. And I think he'll probably be better than Charles with fumbles. But I also think he'll probably cool off some.

It's just the nature of looking at these things this early. 5 fumbles in a year doesn't line up with what he did in college, but IIRC (I'd have to look up his nimbers) he wasn't this productive in college either.

Either way it will be fun to watch!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:20 PM   #66
Supporter

Quote:
he wasn't this productive in college either.
Dude, he was TOTALLY this productive in college.

1,800 yards from scrimmage last year in only 13 games.

Scouts missed on him because they were concerned his game wouldn't translate to the NFL because he played for Toledo in the MAC.

Fortunately for Chiefs fans, those scouts missed on him.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:23 PM   #67
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
I'm a bit older than you, which is maybe why I don't have the admiration for Charles as you and younger Chiefs fans, but Charles didn't lead the Chiefs to anything during his time in KC.

Losing season after losing season, injury after injury. He was out on the first series in Indy back 2013, wasn't nearly as effective in 2014 and was invisible in 2015 and 2016, except when he fumbled against Denver, which handed them the #1 seed overall that season. Had he not fumbled, the Chiefs would have likely had the #1 overall seed and the results could have been far, far, different.

I associate Christian Okoye with winning. I associate Marcus Allen with winning. I associate Priest Holmes with winning.

Which is extremely unfair. We were often a losing franchise with Jamaal through no fault of his.

Do you hold Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson and Tony Gonzalez to the same standard?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Which is extremely unfair. We were often a losing franchise with Jamaal through no fault of his.

Do you hold Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson and Tony Gonzalez to the same standard?
No, because all of those guys you mentioned are Hall of Fame players.

Charles is not.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:32 PM   #69

Quote:
No, because all of those guys you mentioned are Hall of Fame players.

Charles is not.
Charles is about as close as it gets without getting in.

We didn't really win shit with Priest or Marcus Allen either, by the way. Have yet to win shit with Hunt.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:36 PM   #70
Supporter

Quote:

There isn't anything to disagree with there. And I'd agree that injuries tarnish his legacy significantly. But prime Charles was still a ridiculous talent. The fact that he was able to get what he got on those historically bad teams is incredible. He ran into 9 man fronts every game until Reid got here and still put up all time numbers.

Beyond all the crap though, his vision, speed, quickness in cuts was flat out elite. And the fact that he could squirt through a crack consistently was miraculous.

I get the losing but I think you could have given Squirmin Herman Motherfuciing Sack of **** Edwards Peyton Manning in his prime and he'd still bumble on about how 3 bad things can happen if you throw the football or whatever it was. Losing was happening in those years despite how talented any one guy was IMO.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, I'm just amazed by what Jamaal did on those garbage teams.

JMO
Old 09-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #71
Supporter

Quote:
I don't really have a dog in the fight, I'm just amazed by what Jamaal did on those garbage teams.

JMO
I'm not stating that you, or my pal ThaVirus, are wrong.

I just saw those years through the lens of apathy and therefore, neither Charles nor the Chiefs really shined in any way.

My memories of that era almost don't exist.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:45 PM   #72
Supporter

Quote:
Dude, he was TOTALLY this productive in college.

1,800 yards from scrimmage last year in only 13 games.

Scouts missed on him because they were concerned his game wouldn't translate to the NFL because he played for Toledo in the MAC.

Fortunately for Chiefs fans, those scouts missed on him.
That's 138 yards/game in college (non power 5 no less). And 179 yards/game in the NFL. Almost 30% more yards against significantly better competition isn't really applicable from my perspective.

I mean it could be. Reid's scheme is almost certainly better than what he had in college, his OL could be a lot better than at Toledo and he has gotten some really nice downfield blocking from the 3 games. I've also read that Toledos S&C program may not be so good, so he may be physically better now.

All that may be the case but a 30% increase from college is not likely to be sustainable IMO. I hope to hell it is because looking at the offense it needs to be there, but I wouldn't be surprised if he cools off some.

Hopefully he's our Levian Bell story.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:47 PM   #73
Supporter

Quote:
I'm not stating that you, or my pal ThaVirus, are wrong.

I just saw those years through the lens of apathy and therefore, neither Charles nor the Chiefs really shined in any way.

My memories of that era almost don't exist.
I can see that. Thinking about the bumbling sister****ers of that time fills me with rage. I wish I could forget all about it.

EDIT: I should say I don't think about them often. It's just typically when Zilla white Knights Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards. Or I see that sniveling pile on ESPN or something. It doesn't control my life or anything, but like you I view those two douches the the lens of hatred rather than apathy.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:49 PM   #74

Truly dark days for Chiefs fans.

Jamaal Charles was essentially the only reason I made it through those years.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:56 PM   #75
Supporter

Quote:
Truly dark days for Chiefs fans.

Jamaal Charles was essentially the only reason I made it through those years.
I made it through because I've been a Chiefs fan since birth.

My memories of Charles are the same as those of guys like Gary Spani, Gary Barbaro, Art Still and so many otherwise great players stuck on awful teams.

I'm sure this is difficult to grasp for those younger than me but there was a time when Arrowhead Stadium had about 30,000 people per game.

They also went 15 years between playoff berths. Not 15 years between playoff wins but 15 years without a playoff appearance.

15 years.