Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #991
Keepin it Real

My deal is that if I get into a gunfight at work, it'll probably close range, within 50-75 yards. Perfect for a red dot. Not sure on a 1x4.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 PM   #992
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
I once ran into a bearded Navy man who said he kept a MK 31 under his pillow. Seems odd, but it might have an effect on somebody in the house...

Seems like a good way to burn your ****ing house down.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #993
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post

Seems like a good way to burn your ****ing house down.
Clearly I said he was a bearded sailor...

That being typed, t'was always a fun day on ye 'ol submarine when ye older MK 31s fell beyond their shelf life and , welp, might as well be shot because the Navy said they we're fit for operational duty.

We burned holes in the hardened water "up north"! So I guess global warming is my fault.

BTW, those ****ers skim too. Fun at night (when "night" last many months).
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 PM   #994
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
My deal is that if I get into a gunfight at work, it'll probably close range, within 50-75 yards. Perfect for a red dot. Not sure on a 1x4.
That's why I got a second AR. One's got the red dot, the one with a longer barrel has the scope. Now there's no need to swap optics. One's the SHTF home defender. The other is the Reach Out And Touch You gun.

I tell you, I'd jump all over that MRO for $400. That's a great optic.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #995
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Clearly I said he was a bearded sailor...

That being typed, t'was always a fun day on ye 'ol submarine when ye older MK 31s fell beyond their shelf life and , welp, might as well be shot because the Navy said they we're fit for operational duty.

We burned holes in the hardened water "up north"! So I guess global warming is my fault.

BTW, those ****ers skim too. Fun at night (when "night" last many months).
I just remember from my Navy firefighter training, burning magnesium was a Class D fire. Type of extinguisher to use - jettison from ship.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #996

Quote:
I just remember from my Navy firefighter training, burning magnesium was a Class D fire. Type of extinguisher to use - jettison from ship.
I remember when they "trained" us to use thermite grenades and having a moment of pause.

"In preparation for"? No.., if I ever do this thing it's "because of," not "in preparation for" shit!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #997
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I remember when they "trained" us to use thermite grenades and having a moment of pause.

"In preparation for"? No.., if I ever do this thing it's "because of," not "in preparation for" shit!
We had no thermite grenades on my supply ship.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #998

Quote:
We had no thermite grenades on my supply ship.
I was on submarines, we were already sunk (until we equalized the whole "Dives v Surfaces" number), so I guess the thermite figured it had a head start when we were submerged! And we had more than enough. And prolly not enough training!

I know, I know, not the same thing...
Old 03-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #999
Keepin it Real

Opticsplanet is also letting you tack on that 12% discount code for the trijicon. It doesn't have a mount though. Knocks the price down to $352.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #1000
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Opticsplanet is also letting you tack on that 12% discount code for the trijicon. It doesn't have a mount though. Knocks the price down to $352.
Oh man, that's tempting...... I could replace the EOTech 512 I have on my Springfield. There's nothing wrong with the EOTech, but still....

Must.... not.... buy.... more..... gun.... stuff.....
Old 03-29-2017, 10:46 PM   #1001
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
i only find the rket4 code for 5% off brings to 379.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:54 PM   #1002
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
i only find the rket4 code for 5% off brings to 379.
Try 12RD for the code.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:09 PM   #1003
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Try 12RD for the code.
thanks that worked.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 PM   #1004
Keepin it Real

I don't think I can drop that kind of coin for it. The Sparc II is $175 cheaper and I've had nothing but success with the Sparc I on my AR.

I can then turn that $175 into a streamlight TLR1, sling, and Magpul grip.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:16 PM   #1005
Keepin it Real

My ultimate goal is to slap a surpressor on it. That'll cost me $700 or so.