Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2024, 02:06 PM  

Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:17 AM   #376
MVP

Taking on rehab projects is an Andy thing. Most recently Toney. Reid took on Michael Vick(I don't recall the Karen shit storm, but wow). Sure Vick worked out for him, it was a huge risk. I'd say very Christian move, but that's a shit typhoon
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:25 AM   #377
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Umm... he was our starting punter, I'll give him that.

The man? No. Not at all. Not even close. No.

No.
Yeah - I really don't understand this "Townsend was a great punter" stuff.

He was an average punter who had one great year. He may have another great year at some point soon but in the end, his 4 year track record shows 3 mediocre years (including his most recent one) and one excellent one. Sure looks like the excellent one is the outlier, no?

He's...fine. He's no sort of problem at the position and not a genuine asset either. He's a JAG. He's as replaceable as they get. And for all the "Oh my god, can Araiza hold!?!?" stuff, people were WRECKING Townsends holding until he got one damn high snap down in a SB. He's as likely as not to duff the next one.

There's just no reason at all to bemoan the loss of Tommy Townsend and I was hoping they'd let him walk this off-season before we signed Araiza. Not because he's a liability, but because he's just not an asset and we were going to have to pay him as though he were.

Townsend is well on his way to being forgotten about. The same as 90% of other punters in the league.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 09:27 AM   #378
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Everyone has a different opinion but I feel like Seth carries that show. Nate the insider has very little quality insider info imo. Last year he said theres absolutely no way Orlando Brown would walk. Its purely just him speculating that the Chiefs were going to run back the super bowl roster. The chiefs not only didn't bring him back but drew a firm line in the sand and were comfortable signing a late offseason tackle to replace him.

Seth carries the show imo. He's not a 10/10 but he's willing to admit hes wrong and that he fan boys for some players. Another quality host with actual football back ground would probably go a long way. A show with Craig Stout, Seth and one other person with some knowledge and the ability to move them along would probably be pretty damn good. Both of those guys will readily admit they don't know it all and that its a hobby but are willing to learn.

Brisco just irratates me because he knows jack shit about football but will just take a hard stand on stupid shit like a radio host does.
Stout is the guy that carries that whole network, IMO.

He's legit. He knows his shit. He's the only one of any of them I actually learn from. Seth will show me stuff I occasionally miss because he's good at video clipping and he's articulate. So he'll see something I overlooked and mention it. So he brings things to my attention.

Stout, OTOH, will flat out teach me things I didn't know or understand.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:58 AM   #379
Starter

This is why I love CP. Where else can I find a 20 page thread on a punter?
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #380
MVP

Quote:
Everyone has a different opinion but I feel like Seth carries that show. Nate the insider has very little quality insider info imo. Last year he said theres absolutely no way Orlando Brown would walk. Its purely just him speculating that the Chiefs were going to run back the super bowl roster. The chiefs not only didn't bring him back but drew a firm line in the sand and were comfortable signing a late offseason tackle to replace him.

Seth carries the show imo. He's not a 10/10 but he's willing to admit hes wrong and that he fan boys for some players. Another quality host with actual football back ground would probably go a long way. A show with Craig Stout, Seth and one other person with some knowledge and the ability to move them along would probably be pretty damn good. Both of those guys will readily admit they don't know it all and that its a hobby but are willing to learn.

Brisco just irratates me because he knows jack shit about football but will just take a hard stand on stupid shit like a radio host does.
Brisco ruins the whole thing for me. He's a smug, self righteous douche who has no real value to the show and doesn't even seem to take a fact based stance on much of anything. His arguments on everything come from his feelings and not any facts or actual analysis. The worst part is I can almost tolerate Jason Anderson on their radio show but Brisco makes it a complete train wreck.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #381
MVP

Such a Veachy move!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-26-2024, 12:45 PM   #382
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Brisco ruins the whole thing for me. He's a smug, self righteous douche who has no real value to the show and doesn't even seem to take a fact based stance on much of anything. His arguments on everything come from his feelings and not any facts or actual analysis. The worst part is I can almost tolerate Jason Anderson on their radio show but Brisco makes it a complete train wreck.
Is it just me or is Matt Lane pretty tough to listen to?
CaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-26-2024, 12:46 PM   #383
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

He's legit. He knows his shit. He's the only one of any of them I actually learn from. Seth will show me stuff I occasionally miss because he's good at video clipping and he's articulate. So he'll see something I overlooked and mention it. So he brings things to my attention.

Heavily agree. Stout when he's on with DJ or Devito is even better. I'd like Seth in the mix there.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:09 PM   #384
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
I dont listen locally. To me they are still better than Ryan and Dan on RGR.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:38 PM   #385
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

Agree Stout is the best. Matty Lane also has some good stuff from time to time.

I really like AHPKC. They don't do deep play analysis like the Lab, but come up with some pretty good stats, and are just really entertaining and professional imo. I always feel like I'm in good hands with them, whereas I never know when OWG is going to go completely off the rails.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:49 PM   #386
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Agree Stout is the best. Matty Lane also has some good stuff from time to time.

I really like AHPKC. They don't do deep play analysis like the Lab, but come up with some pretty good stats, and are just really entertaining and professional imo. I always feel like I'm in good hands with them, whereas I never know when OWG is going to go completely off the rails.
Personally can't stand AHPKC. Maybe I need to give them another try.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:00 PM   #387
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana View Post
Two Bills Drive.
penchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 02:06 PM   #388
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana View Post
You really need to adjust your viewed posts per page.

User CP/edit options/thread display options/number of posts to show per page.

The max is 80.

You're welcome.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:15 PM   #389
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
You really need to adjust your viewed posts per page.

User CP/edit options/thread display options/number of posts to show per page.

The max is 80.

You're welcome.
I like to keep is small so the thread seems bigger. This is not compensating.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:24 PM   #390
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Personally can't stand AHPKC. Maybe I need to give them another try.
AHPKC is almost a different genre from all these others to me. The other podcasts seem like they're trying to come across as experts of one sort or another. The AHPKC guys are unapologetically just fans. They pay a little closer attention and do a little more homework than the masses. They're generally PRETTY rational, and they have their pulse on the fanbase to know what people are interested in discussing. But beyond that, it's about what I'd expect if we took a couple of our more astute CP posters and put a microphone in front of them.

Whether you find value in that is the question. I generally find them to be an easy listen.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.