Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2020, 09:01 PM   Topic Starter
__

The Chiefs are shifting their philosophy on interior OL.

Posted this in the thread on Osemele:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Can we talk about how this seems to signal the Chiefs seem to be showing signals that they want a different kind of interior OL play?

Used to be a more fluid, athletic types along the interior, Zach Fulton be damned. But they drafted Allegretti. They pursued Andrus Peat. They’ve signed Osemele. And they picked up Durant and Williams in UDFA. These are all bruisers.

It’s not exactly a perfect line to draw (like I said, they did draft Fulton under Dorsey, and Remmers is not a roadgrader), but it does seem to suggest that’s the direction they’re going along the interior.
I forgot to mention it was widely believed they really liked Cesar Ruiz, too, who is a power scheme dude. (Ruiz is talented enough to do anything, though.)

What are your guys thoughts on this? I personally loved having athletic linemen who could pull well, but our days of Jamaal running off tackle are behind us.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.