Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 PM  
MVP

104.3 the Fan here in Denver reporting

that Pioli is in negotioans with Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
I just called the studio, and the call screener said it is a rumor that they have spoken.

Last edited by DenverChief; 01-16-2009 at 05:25 PM..
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #211
#triggering

Yeah, RedBull types as if Mike was coaching in Detroit... he called all the shots in Denver and had an owner that let him do as he pleased.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #212
**** That Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbar View Post
I'm sorry, was he not in a good situation in Denver? Did I miss something? Good players good front office, good owner...

no championship since Elway left.
No Championship since he gained GM responsibilities.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #213
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
I don't know that Shanahan really wants all that much power anymore. I think he probably just wants to coach and to win some more championships.
Backing Pioli as the GM was the smart choice in terms of talent AND name, but as far as Coaches are concerned; I'd MUCH rather see a young up and coming guy with fresh ideas who can bring kind of a "We are Marshall" trip to the Chiefs.

Only Carl, Herm, Dickie, Gun, and Krummy die in the plane crash though.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #214
Hillbilly Pharoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
No Championship since he gained GM responsibilities.
OK, but other than having a Running game, putting vasoline on players uniforms, cut blocking, and watching Elway pull inhuman throws out of his arse, what great coaching feat did he complete before taking over GM responsibilities?
melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #215
**** That Noise

Quote:
OK, but other than having a Running game, putting vasoline on players uniforms, cut blocking, and watching Elway pull inhuman throws out of his arse, what great coaching feat did he complete before taking over GM responsibilities?
Winning two Super Bowls?
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #216
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
Backing Pioli as the GM was the smart choice in terms of talent AND name, but as far as Coaches are concerned; I'd MUCH rather see a young up and coming guy with fresh ideas who can bring kind of a "We are Marshall" trip to the Chiefs.

Only Carl, Herm, Dickie, Gun, and Krummy die in the plane crash though.

ADDENDUM:

Said plane crashes in to Shanahan's new digs, taking him out as well.

It's for your own good Chiefs Nation.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #217
Hillbilly Pharoh

Because of that great team and a HOF QB. His teams have been less than inspiring since. The tactics of his sb teams 10 yrs ago taint that imho.
melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.melbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #218
All Motor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Ok, but I just don't see that changing much. I think it would have to be the right scenario and I think that would be a team like Dallas more than KC. It will be interesting to see what happens.

You say he wants power. Only on the raiders do you have less power as HC than Dallas. Jerry Jones runs everything on that team.
CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.CrazyHorse has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #219
I'll be back.

Quote:
what great coaching feat did he complete before taking over GM responsibilities?
Winning a shit-ton of games?

Where do people get off talking like Shanahan is a mediocre coach?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #220
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsshrink View Post
No way this happens if Shannahan wants personnel control which I'm sure by now Shanny has learned his lesson of wearing too many hats in the previous org. Shanny the GM got Shanny the Coach fired.

Hands down Shanny is the best X's and O's guy 'offensively' and not to mention the best QB teacher(ala-could improve Thigpen tremendously) in the NFL. Pioli and Shanny have great admiration for one another and Shanny has always wanted to work with Gunther because he greatly respects him. Shanny really likes the Chiefs young core of talent coming up (Flowers,Carr,Bowe,Dorsey). Shanny I would think at this point would think I can just be a football coach and leave all the other stuff(GM,personnel) to somebody else and I have 45mil under the cap, Pioli,Gunther, good core of young talent and Arrowhead stadium.

I don't want him if he wants personnel control though.
I would be OK with Gun coming back if a new HC would let Gun run HIS attack style defense instead of the shitty hybrid cover 2 shit that Herm made him run. If the abortion of a _efense that was unveiled on the field this past fall was all Guns doing and not mandated by Herm, then I want Gunther's head on a platter.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #221
Custom User Title

not too shabby.
Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fritz88 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #222
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
Yep.

Hiring the Rat just to watch Donko fans squirm when the Chiefs play them is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Go to the Minge and see how many people are truly upset about his firing.
It's close statistic-wise to the number of Chiefs fans that want to keep Herm.

Keep the Rat's Epic Stale the hell away from my team.
It was and is still about 50/50 over the Rat being fired. The Pro side being lead mostly by Taco.
I think he's a good coach who should of stayed focused on coaching and stayed away from personnel.
That and he needs to stay away from defense.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #223
Unsparing

You know what? **** this; it's time to get serious. I was hoping someone would hit on this but since there are no takers present, I'm gonna' do the job.

When the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, they came back the next year, moved in to a new stadium, and haven't seen a Super Bowl since.

When Denver won their 2nd title, the same thing happened.

When you have a Championship Franchise, you don't sit on your ass in the off season and hope for another repeat. We've hired a guy who's only purpose in life is to build that Championship Team, and keep the roster moving along through the years so that a backslide is avoided.

Mike Shanahan does NOT know how to do this. And I don't think for a NY-Minute that he's going to just sit back and be happy with whatever players Pioli sends his way.
The guy couldn't control Cutler to keep that Douche from embarrassing himself and the franchise either.
It's also obvious he doesn't know how to get his players fired-up either.

His "burst" is G-O-N-E. Shanahan to KC? I'd rather drink cat-piss.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #224
Sapere Aude

I personally think Shanahan was building a Superbowl team in Denver. It's true that he's let the defense go while he focused his efforts on offense - especially the last two years when he liquidated Jake Plummer and started to build a team around Jay Cutler. But right now the Broncos have a powerful young offense and we're moving into this offseason with more cap money and draft picks than we've had in a decade to spend primarily on defense... And at that, Shanahan's personnel guy (Goodman) has done a superb job the last two years - probably better than anyone in the league. You'll note that while Shanahan was fired, we kept his personnel guy - effectively making him the team's GM.
Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.Taco John is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #225
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I personally think Shanahan was building a Superbowl team in Denver. It's true that he's let the defense go while he focused his efforts on offense - especially the last two years when he liquidated Jake Plummer and started to build a team around Jay Cutler. But right now the Broncos have a powerful young offense and we're moving into this offseason with more cap money and draft picks than we've had in a decade to spend primarily on defense... And at that, Shanahan's personnel guy (Goodman) has done a superb job the last two years - probably better than anyone in the league. You'll note that while Shanahan was fired, we kept his personnel guy - effectively making him the team's GM.
Why in your opinion was he fired?
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.