Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-16-2009, 04:59 PM  
MVP

104.3 the Fan here in Denver reporting

that Pioli is in negotioans with Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
I just called the studio, and the call screener said it is a rumor that they have spoken.

Last edited by DenverChief; 01-16-2009 at 05:25 PM..
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #181
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
Seriously. When I went to bed last night, this thread, umm, "Shook", all night long.

Alright, back to the fooball portion of the thread. I'd be Ok, with Shannahan, but he's far from my first choice. I just see him wanting more control several years down the road.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #182
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post

Alright, back to the fooball portion of the thread. I'd be Ok, with Shannahan, but he's far from my first choice. I just see him wanting more control several years down the road.
Yep. If Shanahan could hold is ego in check, I'd love to have him.
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #183
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claythan View Post
I'm not surprised.

Clearly Clark Hunt was swayed by my column recommending Shanahan as head coach.
Your article is the #1 result on Google for "shanahan chiefs".
jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jAZ has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #184
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post

Depending on Shanahan's outlook on coaching the Chiefs, he could easily be my first choice. If he's willing to allow Scott to bring in a D coordinator for him, I don't see a better option. If we're going to draft a franchise quarterback, who better to develop him?
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #185
Predicting Chiefs Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I'll say this.

If this actually happens, and we end up hiring Shanahan, we will be hiring an amoral cheater who has not accomplished anything outside of Elway, whom I've sworn to always hate and disrespect, as our decision-maker on the field.

Basically, I will hate it.
He was an amoral cheater only because he was in Denver. In KC and with the help of Pioli I'm sure his cheater days will all be in his past.

Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Chief Faithful has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #186
Dumbass!

Quote:
Depending on Shanahan's outlook on coaching the Chiefs, he could easily be my first choice. If he's willing to allow Scott to bring in a D coordinator for him, I don't see a better option. If we're going to draft a franchise quarterback, who better to develop him?
I think there are some positives that Shannahan would bring, but I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of the rat in KC.

The fact is, I still don't believe in retreads that have won SBs elsewhere.
They seem to do well with the next team, but they never quite achieve the same kind of success that they enjoyed with thier SB teams.
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #187
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman View Post
I think there are some positives that Shannahan would bring, but I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of the rat in KC.

They seem to do well with the next team, but they never quite achieve the same kind of success that they enjoyed with thier SB teams.
I could live with him winning us 1 Super Bowl instead of 2. Especially if we beat Denver in the AFC Championship.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #188
Dumbass!

Quote:
I could live with him winning us 1 Super Bowl instead of 2. Especially if we beat Denver in the AFC Championship.
I'm talking about guys that didn't go on to win SBs with a second team.

Hank Stram, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcells, Dick, Mike Holmgren.

All guys that won a SB with one team who never won another with a another team.
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #189
MVP

Thinking about this a little more.....

Pioli is used to working with a powerful coach. Actually, Belichick had more power than Pioli, but each guy had a veto power on personnel. I think something similar could work here with Shanahan.

I have bigger doubts about the money. If Shanahan got all of his money owed as a going away present, it could work. But if Bowlen's payments to Shanahan decline at one to one rate with a new HC job, Shanahan will be working for free, and he won't do that. [Maybe something creative could be worked out with backloading or something?] And even if Shanny did get all his money, would he demand $7 million here, too? I don't think Clark is going to pay out over $20 million next year for GM and coaches (including Edwards' and Peterson's salary).
FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.FringeNC would the whole thing.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #190
PermaBanned

Quote:
I'm talking about guys that didn't go on to win SBs with a second team.

Hank Stram, Mike Ditka, Bill Parcells, Dick, Mike Holmgren.

All guys that won a SB with one team who never won another with a another team.
Isn't Grandpa the only coach to win a SB with a second team, after having won one with his original team?
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #191
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

No way this happens if Shannahan wants personnel control which I'm sure by now Shanny has learned his lesson of wearing too many hats in the previous org. Shanny the GM got Shanny the Coach fired.

Hands down Shanny is the best X's and O's guy 'offensively' and not to mention the best QB teacher(ala-could improve Thigpen tremendously) in the NFL. Pioli and Shanny have great admiration for one another and Shanny has always wanted to work with Gunther because he greatly respects him. Shanny really likes the Chiefs young core of talent coming up (Flowers,Carr,Bowe,Dorsey). Shanny I would think at this point would think I can just be a football coach and leave all the other stuff(GM,personnel) to somebody else and I have 45mil under the cap, Pioli,Gunther, good core of young talent and Arrowhead stadium.

I don't want him if he wants personnel control though.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:11 PM   #192
MVP

Quote:

I think these guys buy into their own hype, and demand full control at the next stop. Turns out most of them are good coaches and shitty GMs.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #193
Dumbass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz View Post
Isn't Grandpa the only coach to win a SB with a second team, after having won one with his original team?
No.

He lost one with Philly.

He won his first with the Rams.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:15 PM   #194
PermaBanned

Quote:
No.

He lost one with Philly.

He won his first with the Rams.
Right, of course. I ****ed that up.

Having gone to the SB with his original team, I believe he's the only coach to have won one with his second.

Sorry. Cluster**** of an original post.

This doesn't mean much b/c there's a relatively small sample size, but it is interesting to note that even very good coaches aren't usually as successful in their second stops...
DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.DeezNutz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:16 PM   #195
Dumbass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FringeNC View Post
I think these guys buy into their own hype, and demand full control at the next stop. Turns out most of them are good coaches and shitty GMs.
Bill Parcells is actually a pretty good personnel guy, but he never brought the Pats, the Jets or the Boys a SB win.

Holmgren was a shitty personnel man, but he still hasn't achieved the same kind of success on the field, even after giving up personnel control, that he enjoyed in Green Bay.

I don't believe the others had GM responsibilities.