Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2023, 12:13 PM   #2
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
On a prayer 61 yard FG at the end of the game. Colorado basically led TCU the whole game and then traded go ahead 4th Q TD's before CU held them on Downs and won the game.

Mizzou was a 3.5 point favorite.
TCU was a 21 point favorite.

if you can't tell the difference in the games....
I think what Deion is doing at Colorado is impressive and if they win 7 or 8 games he should be recognized nationally with different Coach of the Year awards.

However, that doesn't mean the team deserves the rankings/recognition they've gotten. Beating TCU was a nice win, though in all honesty, there shouldn't be rankings until like mid-October as everything is based off the previous season and not the current year.

Colorado is a good story to follow given the nature how Sanders is structuring their roster via a new and unconventional path.

Doesn't mean they're a good team (yet). Their defense is atrocious. They'll be good in 1-2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
I don't think Colorado should be ranked (see point above) but there's a style difference between beating a Power 5 team at home by 3 vs winning by 3 on the road against a Power 5 team.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:12 AM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
On a prayer 61 yard FG at the end of the game. Colorado basically led TCU the whole game and then traded go ahead 4th Q TD's before CU held them on Downs and won the game.

Mizzou was a 3.5 point favorite.
TCU was a 21 point favorite.

if you can't tell the difference in the games....
K-State was a far more intact team coming into the season than TCU, though. K-State is still a team that I think ends the season ranked in the top 20 (hell, I think they'll end the season ahead of Mizzou). They're a good football team.

TCU was a god football team in 2022 and a much lesser version of that in 2023. I watched both games and K-State played a very good game and got beat by Mizzou playing a slightly better one. The Colorado game was just TCU not knowing what it is without their Heisman finalist QB in Week 1 and they played like it. They weren't nearly the opponent in that game that K-State was.

And beyond that, you don't 'earn' a top 20 ranking through beating a team in Week 1 after winning 2 games the season prior. And those losses from Colorado last year weren't close - they were getting dog-walked by every team they played. That ranking was a gift born of hype and a hot game by their QB. And when they damn near lost to Colorado State and then got absolutely massacred this weekend, that was clearly proven. That's a 2 man show - that's not a top 25 football team and anyone viewing that through an objective lens would've recognized that.

When USC trucks them next week (and they will) then I suspect you'll see the 'hate' dial down and people who would've otherwise rooted for Sanders will start doing so again.

I want to see him do well because I like the message he puts out there and for all the 'new school' social media stuff, he still brings a very no nonsense, old-school foundation to his approach on dealing with college players (see: kids). I respect the hell out of that.

But I'm not interested in giving him a free pass.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:06 PM   #4
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Mizzou beat a 15th ranked k-state team and didn't end up in the rankings for it.

No, Colorado didn't deserve their ranking and that's EXACTY why people are/were rooting against them.

I love Sanders and his approach. I don't think he's even that shameless self-promoter (many do it for him). But the sports media was in a rush to skip 2/3 of the 'hero's journey' and run straight to him slaying dragons.
All of those celebrities showing up to watch Colorado barely beat Colorado State while being a heavy favorite was a pretty cringey moment
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 12:08 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
All of those celebrities showing up to watch Colorado barely beat Colorado State while being a heavy favorite was a pretty cringey moment
Why is that cringy? Just because you don't have celebrity friends to support you - I swear people are so salty.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 07:18 PM   #6
Banned!

Quote:

ALL of this.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:00 AM   #7
Would an idiot do that?

Meh, I haven't paid attention a ton to what Deion has said or whatever, but don't know why people get worked up about it... he might learn lessons in not getting other teams worked up, but he's also taken one of the worst football programs in recent years, beat a ranked team, went 3-0.... and they were 20 point underdogs yesterday; despite anything he said to get his team motivated, everyone knew where they stood.

Whatever he's doing is clearly working, and just like Kansas last year, it's not like they're going from shittiest ever to consistent world beaters in a matter of a season. Deion knows that just like everyone else.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:15 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Meh, I haven't paid attention a ton to what Deion has said or whatever, but don't know why people get worked up about it... he might learn lessons in not getting other teams worked up, but he's also taken one of the worst football programs in recent years, beat a ranked team, went 3-0.... and they were 20 point underdogs yesterday; despite anything he said to get his team motivated, everyone knew where they stood.

Whatever he's doing is clearly working, and just like Kansas last year, it's not like they're going from shittiest ever to consistent world beaters in a matter of a season. Deion knows that just like everyone else.
Agreed. Seems like some folks just don't like Deion, which is fine. I could care less about Colorado football but I can recognize a good coaching job when I see one. He has already tripled their win total from last year. He could lose out and this is still a better season. Oregon is really good. Everyone knew (probably even Deion) that the Ducks were gonna kick their ass. I think the Kansas comp is a good one. Colorado will probably win 6-7 games and make a lower tier bowl. Good for them.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:17 AM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post

How many 60 min interviews and prime time fluff pieces did the rest of the country have to see about Kansas? The opposing coach's clicks and wins line was pretty spot on.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:23 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
How many 60 min interviews and prime time fluff pieces did the rest of the country have to see about Kansas? The opposing coach's clicks and wins line was pretty spot on.
I missed where Kansas hired a coach from a HBCU who in turn brought a bunch of HBCU players to a Division I school and was successful?
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:27 AM   #11
Cheat Death

While personally fulfilling to see, a “loud” blowout just adds to the brand Deion is building

He’ll have all the dawgs he needs next season
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:11 AM   #12
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
While personally fulfilling to see, a “loud” blowout just adds to the brand Deion is building

He’ll have all the dawgs he needs next season
A 1-11 record last year. Even god almighty couldn't beat a legit top 10 team, a contender for the championship on their home turf in game 4 of his first season.

I agree. Next year he will land more top recruits and the best players in the portal.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:25 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
I missed where Kansas hired a coach from a HBCU who in turn brought a bunch of HBCU players to a Division I school and was successful?
Now we're getting to the good part.

In an attempt to not get thread banned or moved to DC I'll just say some of us expected the NFL HOF'er we've watched for years to be better than average at his job and to have some level of success. Treating him and his success as normal and expected instead of some kind of disney story line is a complement to him and his players. Fluffing it as more or less based on anything other than the actual performance seems to indicate a motive or belief.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:26 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
Now we're getting to the good part.

In an attempt to not get thread banned or moved to DC I'll just say some of us expected the NFL HOF'er we've watched for years to be better than average at his job and to have some level of success. Treating him and his success as normal and expected instead of some kind of disney story line is a complement to him and his players. Fluffing it as more or less based on anything other than the actual performance seems to indicate a motive or belief.
3-0 isn't actual performance? Taking Jackson State - a perennial loser - to multiple bowl games after his arrival - isn't performance? Who has the motive or belief here?
Old 09-24-2023, 10:34 AM
DenverChief
This message has been deleted by DenverChief.