Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #30166
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
lmao,

WITH WHAT MONEY!? Are you unaware that TAXES are needed? You can't just keep running those social services without money.
Who said social services?

Essential services.

Like food production. Amazon. Wal mart, etc...

They are hiring every day.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:35 PM   #30167
Needs more middle fingers

California is already in revolt. Some counties are essentially telling Newsom to piss off. Larger counties, like San Diego, are submitting statements to Newsome telling him that his guidelines for re-opening aren't realistic.

Individual mayors and counties have already begun the fight against Newsom's orders.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:38 PM   #30168
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Not to diminish the magnitude of the economic concerns, but at least so far, calling it "economic collapse" is a bit alarmist. Unemployment isn't looking good, but people are being propped up by the feds. Actual GDP is slipping, but it's on the scale of 10-20%. It's not like 90% of the economy is shut down right now.

So in short, we obviously need to get things running as soon as we possibly can, but these visions of riots in the streets seem pretty far off to me.
Common sense has entered the thread.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:39 PM   #30169
MVP

This virus is no joke, but 3000 deaths in CA total out of 40 million people, with 50% deaths in nursing homes.

Absolute mayhem.
Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Ninerfan11 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #30170
Needs more middle fingers

I'd like to add that i've noticed when major counties and such start throwing a fit as San Diego has done recently, the governor softens his stance. Haven't seen this posted yet, but as of 3 hours ago:

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gov. Gavin Newsom announced modifications to the statewide stay-at-home order Tuesday to allow more businesses in California to reopen, including dine-in restaurants, shopping malls and offices.
https://abc7news.com/newsom-press-co...-gyms/6172308/
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #30171
Inmem 2.0

Gym is opening up this weekend yikes
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:41 PM   #30172
Mahomes or GTFO

I don't think you'll see riots due to economic conditions.

I think you'll see riots because human tendency is to trigger the fight or flight response when they feel they've been backed into a corner, and I think many feel as though their rights, their liberties and their lives are being pulled from their grasp moreso by the day. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong. But I wouldn't be shocked to see some form of social aggression in places like LA soon.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #30173
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Missouri reported 74 new cases yesterday
88 today.

According to the DHSS website anyway. That seems... Odd.

Putting this here for reference later. I want to see how many tests Missouri did to come up with 88 positives.

121,296 (not yet updated for 5/12/20)
124,006 tests as of today.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:45 PM   #30174
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
I don't think you'll see riots due to economic conditions.

I think you'll see riots because human tendency is to trigger the fight or flight response when they feel they've been backed into a corner, and I think many feel as though their rights, their liberties and their lives are being pulled from their grasp moreso by the day. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong. But I wouldn't be shocked to see some form of social aggression in places like LA soon.
Possibly. It seems to me like people in LA are generally more compliant than people in the midwest are, though.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #30175
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
Possibly. It seems to me like people in LA are generally more compliant than people in the midwest are, though.
Well, yeah. But are we talking about the sunset strip or are we talking about South Central? Because it's a lot easier to sit at home all day, compliant in a mansion wiping down your car collection than it is to be piled into a 2 bedroom house with 9 of your closest family members. There are some very, very impoverished and neglected communities in LA county, and they probably feel that more than ever right now. Violent crime is even beginning to increase in rougher KC neighborhoods, and one has to believe that spike in aggression is tied to the frustrations being felt as a result of this new way of living.

I'm working at home. I'm fine with it. I'm grateful to have a paycheck and a job that allows me to do that. I'm also not deaf to the fact that many don't have that opportunity and that the frustration of communities that are already underserved is probably compounded by the sense that the rights they do have are now less than they were a few weeks ago.

It's a wild time to be alive, man.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #30176
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Who said social services?

Essential services.

Like food production. Amazon. Wal mart, etc...

They are hiring every day.
Construction
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:55 PM   #30177
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
Well, yeah. But are we talking about the sunset strip or are we talking about South Central?

This isn't Boyz in the 'Hood. Homes in South Central are worth more than $500k on average and Inglewood has been transformed into Silicon Beach, in which homes cost more than $1,000 per square foot.

Good ****ing grief.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:57 PM   #30178
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post

This isn't Boyz in the 'Hood. Homes in South Central are worth more than $500k on average and Inglewood has been transformed into Silicon Beach, in which homes cost more than $1,000 per square foot.

Good ****ing grief.
Dammit, you beat me to it.

I'd need one hell of a pay raise to afford to live in South Central.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:58 PM   #30179
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Midwest: "Don't tread on me! (flag)"

California: "Dude, don't tread on Birkenstocks!"
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:59 PM   #30180
Supporter

Quote:
I think that people will comply, as long as the beaches, trails and parks are open. Social Distancing will be much more difficult when millions of people are allowed to resume their normal outdoor activities but I think most people will continue to follow the orders as much as possible.

I've mentioned this earlier in the thread but more than 60% of people I've seen driving, whether it's been on my street or in Hollywood or on the freeways, have been wearing a mask in their cars.

As for guns?
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.