Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2019, 07:00 PM  
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?

I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
The Force Awakens was bad. Phantom Menace bad

The Last Jedi was God awful. Leia flying through space was laughable.

I thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One and I thought Solo was ok - nothing special.

I just don't feel any connection to the main characters. I don't like the way they killed off Luke and Han. Their death had no real or noble purpose. Now they're going to kill of 3CPO. It's like they're trying to erase any remnant of George Lucas Star Wars.

I'm done with this franchise for now.
They were okay. Better than the last trilogy was. I don't recall R1 having one light hearted moment in it. I recall it being depressing. I don't need it to try to have marvel level comedy in it, but I don't want to have to start drinking two thirds of the way through a movie that I didn't expect to be such a downer. I get that they want to bridge their older movies with the newer ones, but you're right that there's a way to dispense with the old for the new
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #62
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
They were okay. Better than the last trilogy was. I don't recall R1 having one light hearted moment in it. I recall it being depressing. I don't need it to try to have marvel level comedy in it, but I don't want to have to start drinking two thirds of the way through a movie that I didn't expect to be such a downer. I get that they want to bridge their older movies with the newer ones, but you're right that there's a way to dispense with the old for the new
There were plenty of light hearted moments in R1. K-2SO had like 8 gold laugh out loud 1 liners on his own.

Last edited by NJChiefsFan; 11-10-2019 at 07:13 PM..
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #63
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
To the 'no' people...

You've watched 8 previous movies (and likely Rouge and Solo also), and maybe some of the various TV series, spent a few decades following this, and then the last of the movie series comes out and you're..."Nah."

Is it the "seeing it in the theater" part you're saying no to? You've invested all this time and interest in SW and now you don't want to part with $10-$15 to properly see how it ends?
Yes, I'm not giving them my money directly. I'm sure I'll watch it on netflix or whatever someday.

They're not entitled to it. Disney star wars sucks ass.

If you have a girlfriend for 2 years and she starts cheating on you, you don't stay with her cos it would be a waste of time and money spent. You move on to better things.

SW was never a big deal to me. I liked it. It was fun, but I thought Empire was the only great movie. Just like I think TLJ is the first awful SW movie. I've ranted more than enough about why. Yes it's worse than any of the prequel trilogy. It fails, utterly, as a narrative. It's just stuff happening.

Last edited by WhiteWhale; 11-10-2019 at 09:00 PM..
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:27 PM   #64
On one quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post

If you have a girlfriend for 2 years and she starts cheating on you, you don't stay with her cos it would be a waste of time and money spent. You move on to better things.
exactly. why not enjoy a Kurosawa film?

I haven't watched any of the of the Disney SW films. they aren't made for me. The new Disney SW movies are made for the racially masochistic nerds who don't know anything about cinema. Empire was tits. ROTJ was bush. the prequel trilogy was like an exhibitionist fat chick that acted immature. and the Disney movies are like finding a 4K Katie Hill sex tape in the woods but when you try to watch it, you get distracted by the narration provided by Liz Warren.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #65
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Yes. I'm 42 years invested in this shit. I'm not even going to try to lie and say I'm not going to see it in the theater, no matter how badly TLJ made me want to stay home for IX. And it really did.
I’ve decided to direct my venom where it belongs — at Rian Johnson’s next movie “Knives Out” which I hope bombs miserably at the box office.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #66
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post
exactly. why not enjoy a Kurosawa film?

I haven't watched any of the of the Disney SW films. they aren't made for me. The new Disney SW movies are made for the racially masochistic nerds who don't know anything about cinema. Empire was tits. ROTJ was bush. the prequel trilogy was like an exhibitionist fat chick that acted immature. and the Disney movies are like finding a 4K Katie Hill sex tape in the woods but when you try to watch it, you get distracted by the narration provided by Liz Warren.
Random plug, but Good point. I'm a big Kurosawa fan. I think I'll plug in some Yojimbo tomorrow...
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #67
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
I’ve decided to direct my venom where it belongs — at Rian Johnson’s next movie “Knives Out” which I hope bombs miserably at the box office.
That's eerie, because I had the same thought. Potential shame, too - he assembled a hell of a cast for it. But, I'm definitely with you here.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:29 AM   #68
Veteran

I flat out despised The Force Awakens (Jar Jar Abrams gave us new lame characters) but then gave The Last Jedi a chance in theaters because I wanted to see Mark Hamill tear it up but left severely disappointed and letdown by that one too (Rian Johnson's direction was horrible as were some of the subplots thru out). So Disney has fooled me twice and I have no confidence or any interest in Rise of the Skywalker. Don't care about the new cast or how Rey & Kylo Ren are going to carry the film. Those characters suck.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #69
Banned

To kill snoke the way that they did after all the hype is egregious, as is killing Luke before the last movie of the "skywalker saga". They made such a disjointed mess with characters that don't even hold close to the power the original cast exuded. I think this one will be the best of the latest trilogy but it'll take major rebranding and storywriting to go from here.

Is it even worth going past this era? Is it a never ending cycle of good vs bad? An empire will rise again? Sith? How much further will they go in time... a generation?
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #70
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorry View Post
To kill snoke the way that they did after all the hype is egregious, as is killing Luke before the last movie of the "skywalker saga". They made such a disjointed mess with characters that don't even hold close to the power the original cast exuded. I think this one will be the best of the latest trilogy but it'll take major rebranding and storywriting to go from here.

Is it even worth going past this era? Is it a never ending cycle of good vs bad? An empire will rise again? Sith? How much further will they go in time... a generation?
Before Kennedy and Abrams, the original treatment was suppose to be set 1000 years after ROTJ for a new trilogy separate from Skywalker
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:54 PM   #71
Veteran

I haven't seen a SW film in the theaters since Return of the Jedi however I have bought them all up until Solo. The Last Jedi just left me feeling cheated. I have Netflix and see that Solo is available and haven't bothered to watch it. I have the same feeling about the latest Star Trek and Marvel movies; they are just going through the motions. Nothing really new, lots of razzle, dazzle, action with little to like in the characters.

Guess I'm just getting old. Everything just seems like a rehash of old ideas. Yeah, I'm not the target market anymore however my money still spends and I'm not going to spend it on this.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:00 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Before Kennedy and Abrams, the original treatment was suppose to be set 1000 years after ROTJ for a new trilogy separate from Skywalker
That would've been perfect and if Abrams had the balls and innovation i think he's somewhat capable of he could've boosted his legacy big time, now it may be to late.
Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Sorry < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #73
Supporter

TLJ is officially now bad enough that the entertainment to be had is in snarking on it, as opposed to actually being invested in it. Kind of like Studio 60 turned out to be riveting viewing just to see Aaron Sorkin have a full-on therapy breakdown through his characters as opposed to being an actual interesting television show.

RedLetterMedia's takedown was definitive, but coincidently Mr. Reagan recently posted a lengthy diatribe. He's more overtly political in his criticism than I would be, but he makes a compelling case that KK and RJ purposefully and pointedly shat on what came before. Hatred for the movie is not accidental, and mere entertainment by the spectacle of it means you weren't paying much attention.

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #74
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
Oh, man. I loved Star Wars as a kid and was super excited in the late 90s when they started working on new movies, but The Phantom Menace killed the whole thing for me and I never saw another one. Hard pass on this franchise unless they can somehow earn rave review from both fans and critics (not likely).
Watch The Mandalorian.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
There were plenty of light hearted moments in R1. K-2SO had like 8 gold laugh out loud 1 liners on his own.

The pacing was so bad that I was so bored that I must've missed them
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.