Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

View Poll Results: If you saw the Last Jedi in theaters will you see the Rise of Skywalker in the theate
Yes 54 58.70%
No 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2019, 07:00 PM  
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

If you saw The Last Jedi in the theater do you plan on seeing The Rise of Skywalker?

I am just kind of curious to see how many people that saw the Last Jedi in theaters are going to see the new movie in theaters as well. Lets see if I can figure out how to do a poll or if this will be a failure on my part.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:05 PM   #31
Veteran

Only way I'm watching a Star Wars movie at a theater is if they re-release Empire Strikes Back.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:18 PM   #32
Supporter

Yes, but only because I know my son will ask me to take him.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:25 PM   #33
Debunking your bullshit

To the 'no' people...

You've watched 8 previous movies (and likely Rouge and Solo also), and maybe some of the various TV series, spent a few decades following this, and then the last of the movie series comes out and you're..."Nah."

Is it the "seeing it in the theater" part you're saying no to? You've invested all this time and interest in SW and now you don't want to part with $10-$15 to properly see how it ends?
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #34
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
We’ll see. I have kids and don’t have a ton of time.

But I’d like to. I’m not has hard on TLJ. Where it was trying to go worked for me. It wasn’t perfect but I didn’t hate it.

So I’m in the minority on this one.
This is kinda where I'm at, I didn't hate TLJ, but I didn't really like it all that much either. Honestly I left the theater thinking it was OK but the more I thought about it the more it killed my enthusiasm to a certain extent.

Even after TFA I went & bought the Blu-Ray the day it came out & watched it several times. TLJ I did eventually re-watch because it was free on Netflix, but it's the only Star Wars movie I didn't buy as soon as it came out & is the only one I don't own to this day.

I'm definitely going to go see it, but at this point (just over a month from release) the difference in my excitement level between this movie & TFA/TLJ is night & day. I was counting down the days to the release of the other 2 movies.

There has just always been a special brand of excitement whenever a new SW movie was coming out. It was different than any other movie I would want to watch, RoS feels like just any other movie I'm interested in. It lacks that special "Star Wars excitement" I've had with every other release. I can't exactly put my finger on why, I guess TLJ just really felt like it killed all the forward momentum/mysteries from TFA. It almost felt like it was an ending.

So in short I'll see it, but I can't help but notice I don't have near the anticipation for this one as I have for any other Star Wars movies.
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Solo wasn't as bad as the bombing showed, but god... why does he act more like Star Lord than Han Solo?
They thought that was what people wanted
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #36
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
To the 'no' people...

You've watched 8 previous movies (and likely Rouge and Solo also), and maybe some of the various TV series, spent a few decades following this, and then the last of the movie series comes out and you're..."Nah."

Is it the "seeing it in the theater" part you're saying no to? You've invested all this time and interest in SW and now you don't want to part with $10-$15 to properly see how it ends?

It's sucked for a long long time. It properly ended with a downbeat cliffhanger in 1980.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #37
Veteran

Not going to see it. There is nobody left in the Star Wars universe left I care to see. I don't care that they killed Luke or Han. I understand it if they actually created characters that were interesting enough to replace them.

I don't understand why they just didn't follow the books. There is so much material there to make so many epic movies. Hell they could take the story from one of the Star Wars Video Games and made a better movie than the trash that is The Last Jedi
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #38
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana58 View Post
Not going to see it. There is nobody left in the Star Wars universe left I care to see. I don't care that they killed Luke or Han. I understand it if they actually created characters that were interesting enough to replace them.

I don't understand why they just didn't follow the books. There is so much material there to make so many epic movies. Hell they could take the story from one of the Star Wars Video Games and made a better movie than the trash that is The Last Jedi
Agreed. Don’t really know why they needed to kill Han and Luke and I’m guessing now Leia.

Then they gave them very few scenes together or nothing at all. That’s criminal
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #39
I'll be back.

Yes. The Last Jedi was awesome.

I'll see every Star Wars movie ever released until the end of time in a theater.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #40
Veteran

We need a Starcrash reboot with a CGI Joe Spinell and a de-aged (topless) Caroline Munro.

Marjoe Gortner Lives!
Old 11-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #41
Supporter

I tried to get my 11 and 7 year old into Star Wars.

They don’t give a shit. You couldn’t pull me away from watching ROTJ for the 189th time when I was a kid.

It doesn’t grab kids’ imaginations anymore. Sad.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:10 PM   #42
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

They don’t give a shit. You couldn’t pull me away from watching ROTJ for the 189th time when I was a kid.....

For sure. Remember when it came to cable, it was like a holiday.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #43
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I tried to get my 11 and 7 year old into Star Wars.

They don’t give a shit. You couldn’t pull me away from watching ROTJ for the 189th time when I was a kid.

It doesn’t grab kids’ imaginations anymore. Sad.
Um, Star Wars was one of a kind back then.

Now we have hundreds of movies using the exact same technology every year.

It's not a fair comparison.

To have the impact Star Wars had on audiences in the 80s, studios would have to come up with virtual reality presentations today.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #44
MVP

I was also one that left the theater on Last Jedi very disappointed. Expectations are far lower this time and plan to see opening weekend in the best AV theater in the area. Even if I don’t like how it ends need to finish the ride and hope for some entertainment along the way.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-08-2019, 11:22 PM   #45
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I was also one that left the theater on Last Jedi very disappointed. Expectations are far lower this time and plan to see opening weekend in the best AV theater in the area. Even if I don’t like how it ends need to finish the ride and hope for some entertainment along the way.
None of us is under any obligation to pay these scumbags for the damaged goods they slapped a Star Wars logo on.

There's a pizza joint right down the street that was our go to delivery option for years. Then, unbeknownst to us, the owners sold it. Immediately the taste changed, and not for the better. Suddenly the sauce went from awesome to overpowering onion slop. Tried it once, wrote it off as maybe they were having a bad day. Then the next one tasted just as bad as the last, and that was the last the we ordered there. Didn't matter how good their pizza USED to be - all that matters is NOW it sucks. They no longer get my business.

I'm not paying to watch some wretched SJW Mary Sue horseshit based on movies done by other people decades ago when I was still a kid. **** 'em. I'm just pissed that I paid to watch the last one.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote