Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM  
Veteran

Breaking Bad: The Movie

Admittedly, I don’t keep up with pop culture much, but how did I not know that a Breaking Bad movie was coming? I’m also surprised that given its popularity a thread hadn’t already been started.

Here’s a nice summary for all the luddites like me that didn’t know this was coming:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...455959%3famp=1

Hopefully they don’t shit on their legacy.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-30-2019, 12:57 PM   #121
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Then why be so heavy-handed with re-establishing 'old Jesse'?

If I'm a person who is going to enjoy the character development and 'before/after' contrasts that El Camino was trying to establish, then I'm NOT a person that needs to be force-fed the beginning of Jesse's arc. I'm an involved fan that understands the character.

And if I'm NOT that kind of fan and I need to be re-immersed in the character, then I'm not gonna have much of an appreciation for where the character ended up.

In a lot of ways it was insulting. Trotting fat Todd out there and pretending like we wouldn't notice just to we can re-establish what we just spent 5 years fully understanding was ridiculous and a waste of my time. And acting like Jesse Pinkman 7 days after his release from captivity is some fully formed, fully reformed version of who he'll be for any appreciable of time is simply an insult to me as an adult, let alone a fan.

I understand that the whole thing was a send-off for Pinkman - so why spend half of it spinning your wheels on stuff we largely already knew unless it's A) mindless fan service (most likely) or B) a simple plot device to make up for staid writing when you can't figure out how to give Jesse a massive pile of money so you just plop him in Fat Todd's apartment and go from there.

Ultimately I think there was a chance to do what you hinted at - make it about Jesse's transformation. But there were only glimpses. Instead most of that WAS just "throwing some more BB shit at the wall for the sake of BB."
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #122
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Then why be so heavy-handed with re-establishing 'old Jesse'?

If I'm a person who is going to enjoy the character development and 'before/after' contrasts that El Camino was trying to establish, then I'm NOT a person that needs to be force-fed the beginning of Jesse's arc. I'm an involved fan that understands the character.

And if I'm NOT that kind of fan and I need to be re-immersed in the character, then I'm not gonna have much of an appreciation for where the character ended up.

In a lot of ways it was insulting. Trotting fat Todd out there and pretending like we wouldn't notice just to we can re-establish what we just spent 5 years fully understanding was ridiculous and a waste of my time. And acting like Jesse Pinkman 7 days after his release from captivity is some fully formed, fully reformed version of who he'll be for any appreciable of time is simply an insult to me as an adult, let alone a fan.

I understand that the whole thing was a send-off for Pinkman - so why spend half of it spinning your wheels on stuff we largely already knew unless it's A) mindless fan service (most likely) or B) a simple plot device to make up for staid writing when you can't figure out how to give Jesse a massive pile of money so you just plop him in Fat Todd's apartment and go from there.

Ultimately I think there was a chance to do what you hinted at - make it about Jesse's transformation. But there were only glimpses. Instead most of that WAS just "throwing some more BB shit at the wall for the sake of BB."
I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

It is certainly possible that I’m a simpleton but it worked for me.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #123
Just a li'l Evel

I just wish Cranston would have actually shaved his head for his scene.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #124
legend

I've been in a trap house and watched somebody on meth play Russian Roulette with an actual functioning revolver for a gram of dope. Now that I think about it I've seen other things that high dudes have done with guns that are even dumber. So, I can believe the shootout scene.
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:44 PM   #125
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
I've been in a trap house and watched somebody on meth play Russian Roulette with an actual functioning revolver for a gram of dope. Now that I think about it I've seen other things that high dudes have done with guns that are even dumber. So, I can believe the shootout scene.
Yeah, that scene worked for me for that reason alone. I’ve seen people do things almost that ****ing stupid whilst high on some heavy ****.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:00 PM   #126
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
Useless fact: Breaking Bad is the only new show from the last 20 years that I've stuck with from beginning to end.
Me too. And I can't believe how intrigued that minimal teaser just made me.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:52 AM   #127
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
I just wish Cranston would have actually shaved his head for his scene.
He was flown in the middle of shooting a movie production (for about 12 hours to film in a restaurant filled with people who were part of the film crew). I can forgive it.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:21 PM   #128
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
fat Todd
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:10 PM   #129
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
I watched it last night and I thought it was HORRIBLE! This show just doesn't make for a slow movie. I just didn't see the point in making this film - other than knowing their fans would think this would be good.

Reasons this movie sucks:

1. Jessie/Paul just isn't a good enough actor to handle the load.
2. Jessie has to be the dumbest crook out there. How long does it take to get out of town?
3. Why pay a guy $250K to drive you to Alaska?
4. Are you serious this guy is not gonna let Jessie slide for the missing $1800 when he just handed him a sack full of cash?
5. Why does it take $125K to drive someone and get a passport? Mexicans pay less than $10K to their coyotes.
6. Why go take on 5 guys in a shootout when he had the upperhand on 2 earlier?
7. An old fashioned high noon shootout? Really?

Movie sucked.
I watched it last weekend, and I completely agree. I thought it was just about the slowest and most boring piece of shit I've seen in years. I'm glad to see someone else thinks the same thing.

Maybe my problem was that I decided to re-watch the last season of Breaking Bad before watching El Camino. As I was re-watching Breaking Bad, I kept saying over and over "I forgot how great this show really is!!".

Then I watched El Camino, and it literally put me to sleep. After the first hour, I was exhausted and went to bed. I had to finish watching it the following night.

It was slow and pointless. The last scene of Breaking Bad where Jesse drove off into the sunset was a thousand times better than this. Vince Gilligan should have left it at that.

El Camino was exactly like Season 8 of Game of Thrones: a total letdown.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:28 PM   #130
Supporter

Decent. Was worth the 2 hours.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.