Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM  
Veteran

Breaking Bad: The Movie

Admittedly, I don’t keep up with pop culture much, but how did I not know that a Breaking Bad movie was coming? I’m also surprised that given its popularity a thread hadn’t already been started.

Here’s a nice summary for all the luddites like me that didn’t know this was coming:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...455959%3famp=1

Hopefully they don’t shit on their legacy.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #91
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I think you guys missed some of the nuance laid in on Jesses character. He got manipulated by well everyone. And generally he was a soft soul. There are a bunch of examples. He had a soft spot for kids and even that big scene was a callback to an earlier scene.

I think the objective Gillian wrote with was he was a generally good person that went down a bad road. Whereas Walt was a generally bad person that went down a good road until he broke bad. There is an interesting dichotomy there.

Moreover it is a reflection of real life. Virtually no one is always good and chooses the right thing.
Jessie grieved over kids getting shot or hurt while Walt treated that as business decisions. Agreed, he wasn't perfect, but in a show where "heroes" did some really awful things Jessie is easily one of the more redeemable characters in the show.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:19 PM   #92
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

It was ok. You can tell it was made by tv people cause it dragged like ****ing hell. It should have been like one and a half ours or 1:45 instead of 2 hours. I wouldn't call it a bad movie but yeah, it was slow and boring. And Im a big fan of better call Saul so I'm used to slow but sheesh...

Fwiw, the first 30 or so minutes were great. Badger and skinny Pete killed it. Wish they would have stayed involved somehow.

Last edited by -King-; 10-19-2019 at 11:26 PM..
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:59 AM   #93
That's just f***in' stupid

I don't know if you really can "root" for a BB character....they are all complex with positive and negative attributes. I gues Hank would be the closest to a hero archetype, but he is such a douchebag you really can't root for him.

I know I really could not stand Jesse from the beginning. He is a coward, a poser, and ****up. Just a complete shit show of a character, whose only real purpose/value was to introduce Walter into the seedy world of meth.

This again speaks volumes to the ability of Vince Gilligan. He wrote despicable characters yet made the show so goddamn engrossing and nearly perfect.
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #94
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
I don't know if you really can "root" for a BB character....they are all complex with positive and negative attributes. I gues Hank would be the closest to a hero archetype, but he is such a douchebag you really can't root for him.

I know I really could not stand Jesse from the beginning. He is a coward, a poser, and ****up. Just a complete shit show of a character, whose only real purpose/value was to introduce Walter into the seedy world of meth.

This again speaks volumes to the ability of Vince Gilligan. He wrote despicable characters yet made the show so goddamn engrossing and nearly perfect.
I don't know if root is the right word but there were sympathetic characters with Jesse being the main one.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #95
Cheat Death

I enjoyed it for what it was. It was a really good reminder just how much anxiety the original series was able to generate during episodes. As someone with misophonia, the throwback diner scene with Walt, and Jessie chewing and talking with his mouth full was excruciating to watch.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #96
You don't faze me, Gobble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
She tried to lift hank out of depression. Took care of skyler. Adamantly defended her family. Toward the end, her and Walt Jr were almost the only main characters left with any semblance of a moral compass. Her only crime was being annoying early in the show and petty theft. Meanwhile Walt and skyler threatened her family, lied to and manipulated her husband, and was behind a lot of the murders of her husband's colleagues.
Yeah. She still sucks.
Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mama Hip Rockets is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #97
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets View Post
Marie sucks.
Whatever you think of the character, Betsy Brandt is a "yes" for me.

T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #98
He's Mahomie!

I watched it last night and I thought it was HORRIBLE! This show just doesn't make for a slow movie. I just didn't see the point in making this film - other than knowing their fans would think this would be good.

Reasons this movie sucks:

1. Jessie/Paul just isn't a good enough actor to handle the load.
2. Jessie has to be the dumbest crook out there. How long does it take to get out of town?
3. Why pay a guy $250K to drive you to Alaska?
4. Are you serious this guy is not gonna let Jessie slide for the missing $1800 when he just handed him a sack full of cash?
5. Why does it take $125K to drive someone and get a passport? Mexicans pay less than $10K to their coyotes.
6. Why go take on 5 guys in a shootout when he had the upperhand on 2 earlier?
7. An old fashioned high noon shootout? Really?

Movie sucked.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:14 PM   #99
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
I watched it last night and I thought it was HORRIBLE! This show just doesn't make for a slow movie. I just didn't see the point in making this film - other than knowing their fans would think this would be good.

Reasons this movie sucks:

1. Jessie/Paul just isn't a good enough actor to handle the load.
2. Jessie has to be the dumbest crook out there. How long does it take to get out of town?
3. Why pay a guy $250K to drive you to Alaska?
4. Are you serious this guy is not gonna let Jessie slide for the missing $1800 when he just handed him a sack full of cash?
5. Why does it take $125K to drive someone and get a passport? Mexicans pay less than $10K to their coyotes.
6. Why go take on 5 guys in a shootout when he had the upperhand on 2 earlier?
7. An old fashioned high noon shootout? Really?

Movie sucked.
I'm pretty sure that guy gives you an entirely brand new identity so I see why that costs so much.

But it also creates the plot hole of if he has a brand new identity, why does he need to be smuggled in a secret compartment in a moving truck?

And the shootout scene nearly was one of the stupidest movie scenes I've seen the last few years.

Last edited by -King-; 10-21-2019 at 08:54 AM..
Old 10-20-2019, 11:28 PM   #100
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

I swear the more I think about this movie, the worse it gets.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:39 PM   #101
World's Best Boss

I loved it.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:27 AM   #102
The Boom Boom Room

FYI, do a quick binge of season 5 if you forgot some details of the story
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #103
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
I'm pretty sure that guy gives you an entirely brand new identity so I see why that costs so much.

But it also creates the plot hole of if he has a brand new identity, why does he need to be snuggled in a secret compartment in a moving truck?

And the shootout scene nearly was one of the stupidest movie scenes I've seen the last few years.
The perfect ending:

Jesse: Yo, man, like why the F did you make me ride in a UHaul?

Robert: Because you're a bitch, bitch.

/quick cut to credits. chorus of that old Ben Folds song plays quietly.

"Give me my money back
Give me my money back
You... bitch"

Last edited by Mennonite; 10-21-2019 at 07:54 AM..
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:32 PM   #104
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

It was fine. It was just a longer finale. Jesse is by far the most likeable character because he really isn't a bad guy. Bueller is right, Jesse is a good person that went down the wrong path and Walt is a bad person who went down the right path.

Although it could be interesting in 5 or 10 yeara to make a spinoff of Jesse and his new life in Alaska whenever he inevitably gets into another mess.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:34 PM   #105
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Man. That was a waste of time.

2 hours to do EXACTLY what we all assumed he'd do anyway. And Todd was just distracting. It was just a 2 hour collection of callbacks that didn't add to the story in any way.

Just disappointing as hell.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.