Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-19-2018, 01:17 PM  
Keepin it Real

Cutting Cable.

I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:31 PM   #16
Starter

Has anyone tried Vaderstreams? I found it while doing some research on streaming services. I'm looking to kick DTV to the curb, but want to be able to watch live channels and be able to get reliable NFL streams to catch the Chiefs games. So far Vaders isn't too bad costs $140/year, doesn't do DVR from what I can tell though.
FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FLHomer must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:03 AM   #17
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHomer View Post
Has anyone tried Vaderstreams? I found it while doing some research on streaming services. I'm looking to kick DTV to the curb, but want to be able to watch live channels and be able to get reliable NFL streams to catch the Chiefs games. So far Vaders isn't too bad costs $140/year, doesn't do DVR from what I can tell though.
That's the only reason I haven't cut DTV - Sunday ticket.

I know it's face rape but I want access to all the games...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #18
Please squeeze

Posted this in another cord cutting thread but if you are wondering what options you have you can try this site.

https://www.suppose.tv/tv
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #19
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHomer View Post
I gotta have The DVR.

SO...I called Dish and was going to cancel (switch to Direct...or cut the cord again altogether); they sent a tech out (for free) who upgraded my box, hooked up the TV in my bedroom to the box in the living room (both TVs have an individual feed off the new box - genius). He then installed a converter that allows me to hook my over the air antenna to the box, so all the locals show up on the box AND CAN BE RECORDED TO THE DVR. So I don't have to pay for locals.

THEN...they gave me the Multi-Sport package for free for a year - Jan 2019 - Jan 2020. Free Showtimes for a year...and FOUR FREE MONTHS. Period.

I dont have to pay a Dish bill until April.

They know how to keepanicka.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #20
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
That's the only reason I haven't cut DTV - Sunday ticket.

I know it's face rape but I want access to all the games...
Since I always watch Chiefs, and they usually play early, I realized that I was usually paying for my choice of 3 - 5 afternoon games...and Redzone does a great job of covering the late games that isn't a head-spinning whirlwind like 6-9 early games can sometimes be. No commercials.

The Dish deal is cheaper, and the multi sport pack is awesome, so I'm rolling with that.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #21
Keepin it Real

Directv gave me two months for free. But then they removed some of the channels that I actually watch. Which pisses me off.

If I can figure out how to watch Royals games then I’m out. MLB.TV says I’m in the blackout region.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #22
'Tis my eye!

I was able to watch every Chiefs game this season OTA (thanks FOX!) save for MNF (thank Reerun!). I'll never have cable/satellite again. BIG waste of money.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #23
Supporter

The "cord cutting" thread looked like a good place to put this....

Charter Spectrum-Tribune dispute causes TV channel blackout that hits millions across US

Another new year, another TV carriage dispute.

About 6 million Spectrum TV subscribers have lost local channels in New York, Los Angeles, Denver, St. Louis and 20 other markets amid a contract standoff between pay-TV provider Charter and the Tribune Media broadcast group.

Tribune's 33 channels went dark Wednesday across Charter's Spectrum TV system, which serves 41 cities. The two companies had only temporarily extended the contract, which expired Monday. In addition to subscribers in Seattle, Denver and St. Louis losing Fox channels – and Indianapolis losing Fox and CBS channels – just as NFL playoffs approach this weekend, more than 14 million subscribers also lost WGN America, Tribune Media says.

“We’ve offered Spectrum fair market rates for our top-rated local news, live sports and high-quality entertainment programming, and similarly fair rates for our cable network, WGN America,” Gary Weitman, Tribune Media’s senior vice president for corporate relations, said in a statement. “Spectrum has refused our offer and failed to negotiate in a meaningful fashion.”

Tribune is demanding an increase of more than double what Charter currently pays for the broadcaster's stations, Charter said in a statement. "That is more than we pay any other broadcaster. They’re not being reasonable."

Media company Nexstar last month said it would pay $4.1 billion to acquire Tribune Media's 42 stations, giving the Texas-headquartered broadcaster the largest collection of local TV stations with 216 stations, covering nearly half of the U.S. upon completion of the deal.

NFL fans caught up in the dispute can stream games free on the NFL and Yahoo Sports apps.

This is just the latest outage caused by contract disputes between pay-TV providers and broadcasters. More than 1 million Verizon Fios subscribers in Washington, Baltimore, Norfolk, Virginia, and Buffalo, New York, lost local channels Monday in a standoff between the TV and broadband provider and broadcast group Tegna.

Verizon on Sunday settled a dispute with Disney that kept channels such as ESPN and the Disney Channel, as well as ABC stations in New York and Philadelphia, available.

Now going on two months is a dispute between HBO and Dish Network, when began when HBO took its channels from the satellite TV provider and its broadband-delivered TV service Sling TV on Nov. 1.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ls/2470752002/
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:00 PM   #24
Veteran

We have Youtube tv and like it! I do with it had HGTV and Food Network, but it's got everything else.
Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.Unsmooth-Moment would the whole thing.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:32 PM   #25
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment View Post
We have Youtube tv and like it! I do with it had HGTV and Food Network, but it's got everything else.
I don't know what the PBS situation is in your area, but we have Create, which more than makes up for not having those two. The cooking shows are top notch, actually. My daughter loves America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:50 PM   #26
Keepin it Real

Do people have MLB games streaming on Reddit?
Old 01-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #27
Veteran

Google Fiber = $50 YoutubeTV = $40 which has unlimited DVR. Shared Netflix,Hulu and AmazonPrime subscriptions = approx $25

I got pissed at cable and ended up just buying a Roku for each TV that I wanted to watch TV on and cut the cord.
tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #28
Just Lurking

So I am in the final stages of my house build. My intent is not to have dish (cable won't run where I will be).

What do I need to know? What is the best antenna? What other equipment will I need? I have been too dependent upon cable for too long.
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-03-2019, 04:45 PM   #29
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment View Post
That's why my wife insisted on Hulu, cuz it has those, but no NFL network...which ain't that big of a deal, but the PSVue had it and it was nice, but their local chanel stream sucked bad. No problems with Hulu. Just no NFL network. Meh.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:09 PM   #30
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Directv gave me two months for free. But then they removed some of the channels that I actually watch. Which pisses me off.

If I can figure out how to watch Royals games then I’m out. MLB.TV says I’m in the blackout region.
What channel have they removed? I never noticed any unless it's one of those sports channels in the 600's, can't keep track of all them. I saw they just made HSN a HD channel, so now everything is just about in HD. They added the Scientology Channel, not too interested in that.

I've had Directv since 2008 and had NFL Sunday Ticket add since 2011 when I moved to Florida. I can't complain, they gave me the ticket free the last two years.

My neighbor just got a streaming system called SkyStream 3, it has 600 channels, he had to buy the box for $160 and then he pays $30 a month. He usually asks for my password for NFL Ticket to watch his Eagles on his computer. I said did the games work OK on your computer this year, he said I don't need it anymore. Then he showed me he had every Philadelphia channel and watched the games on the CBS and Fox Philly channels, and we're in central Florida. I said, then you don't get the local Orlando channels, he said yes he did, he got both Orlando and Philly. I'm thinking about looking into that once football is over.

https://www.skystreamx.com/blogs/lat...se-information

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli