Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-19-2018, 01:17 PM  
Keepin it Real

Cutting Cable.

I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:33 AM   #196
Ain't no relax!

FYI, check out https://sportsurge.net for live football/basketball/MMA/Boxing. Been having really good luck with that.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:26 AM   #197
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kegps&hl=en_US

Just drag the pointer to the location you want to use and hit the play button. The app will disappear. Reset the device. Go to YoutubeTV and update your location.

YoutubeTV makes you "Check in" to your home location every 3 months or so though. So if you continue spoofing a location it will eventually tell you it has to check in from the home location.
Thanks for the help. Having an issue on setup though. I attached a couple screenshots. It looks like in the version of android my phone is updated to the developer options menu isn't in the settings menu. Only developer options found when searching in settings shown in second screen shot. Has to be an easy fix but I'm not finding it. Thanks for any help in advance Fish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191031-092006_Fake GPS.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	119193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191031-092043_Accessibility.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	119194  
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #198
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRyan View Post
Thanks for the help. Having an issue on setup though. I attached a couple screenshots. It looks like in the version of android my phone is updated to the developer options menu isn't in the settings menu. Only developer options found when searching in settings shown in second screen shot. Has to be an easy fix but I'm not finding it. Thanks for any help in advance Fish.
I'm guessing your phone is too old to have that setting. I have quite a few additional dev options on my Galaxy:

Did you try and run it to see if it worked anyway?
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:39 PM   #199
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I'm guessing your phone is too old to have that setting. I have quite a few additional dev options on my Galaxy:

Did you try and run it to see if it worked anyway?
About a year and a half old, galaxy S8. That does make sense though and android is always slow rolling up OS updates on "older" phones. No luck running it yet. Just checked and there is an update available. Fingers crossed and again, I appreciate the help.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:48 PM   #200
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
About a year and a half old, galaxy S8. That does make sense though and android is always slow rolling up OS updates on "older" phones. No luck running it yet. Just checked and there is an update available. Fingers crossed and again, I appreciate the help.
Wait... my phone is a Galaxy S8 so you should be seeing the same thing in Developer options. There's like 10 pages of Dev options and settings. Do you know what version Android you're running? Go to About Phone\Software Information and see what Android version it says.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:57 AM
olout
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Old 11-04-2019, 11:39 AM   #201
In Search of a Life

i was going to cut the cable then i did the math and it wasnt worth it! for me to cut cable and go full stream i would have to pay an extra 50 for unlimited Data, then sub to other services and i was right back in price to where i am right now. lol Sounded good, but it really wasnt for me.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:41 AM   #202
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTitus View Post
Just cut the cord and Vue was my choice...sonofabitch! Enjoyed the sports packages and NFL network and redzone. The NFL leaves me no choice but to VPN my viewing overseas. I'm not paying 150-200 a month for the luxury of getting NFL Red Zone 17 of 52 weeks of the year.
??

Sling has the RedZone (and NFLN) for $35 a month and can be cancelled when the season is over.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #203
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
It's not Android causing that issue. It's the phone carriers and manufacturer that cause those ridiculous delays. They have to bake in all their bullshit.

I can't stand iOS but at least you can get up to 5 years of updates on their phones .
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #204
Banned

I've also recently decided to cut the cord and bought Amazon Firestick. I should say, I'm pleased with it. There is a great amount of Kodi addons like EXODUS. So, now I can watch movies, TV shows, news, etc. without necessary of paying big bills.
MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.MelGrif is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:56 PM   #205
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
i was going to cut the cable then i did the math and it wasnt worth it! for me to cut cable and go full stream i would have to pay an extra 50 for unlimited Data, then sub to other services and i was right back in price to where i am now. lol Sounded good, but it really wasnt for me.
Right. I did the math and with Internet + subscribing costs, it would be way more than what I'm paying for Dish. I've got free sports package for a year + DVR in two room and AT120+ for like $80/month. Plus free Showtime for 2 months.

Internet is like $70 a month by itself, just for service.

**** the Internet.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #206
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
Right. I did the math and with Internet + subscribing costs, it would be way more than what I'm paying for Dish. I've got free sports package for a year + DVR in two room and AT120+ for like $80/month. Plus free Showtime for 2 months.

Internet is like $70 a month by itself, just for service.

**** the Internet.
Internet prices are only going to get worse as more people try to cut the cord
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:18 AM   #207
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Internet prices are only going to get worse as more people try to cut the cord
I just signed up with Cox again and they offered me 150mbps for 3 years at $45/month. I'm good with it. And for my streaming, I didn't need any more that 1000 GBs/mo. So I didn't even have to upgrade my internet plan when I went to streaming.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:25 AM   #208
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I just signed up with Cox again and they offered me 150mbps for 3 years at $45/month. I'm good with it. And for my streaming, I didn't need any more that 1000 GBs/mo. So I didn't even have to upgrade my internet plan when I went to streaming.
Speed isn't the issue I have 275 down for 70 a month, the problem is data caps, I'm way over that number every single month. Even if I went back to cable I'd have to keep the net so it wouldn't make my bill cheaper at all.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #209
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I pay $60 per month for the exact same service. It normally would cost $85. You got a good deal. I have to call in every year to keep mine where is at. I wish att would offer something comparable to force Cox to lower rates. DSL just can't keep up with cable.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #210
Ain't no relax!

FYI.... Woot is selling an Amazon Fire Stick today for $19.99: https://www.woot.com/offers/amazon-f...f=w_cnt_wp_0_1