Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2019, 01:45 PM  
Starter

Bob Sutton Fired

This is not a drill.
https://www.chiefs.com/news/bob-sutt...dinator-duties
MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #196
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

I just don't think we have the DT's for a 4-3, and we sure as shit do not have the Lber's for a 4-3..........

4-3 Line Backers have to be hella fast, not to mention this would mean Ford is gone because he is not a DE.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #197
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
I just don't think we have the DT's for a 4-3, and we sure as shit do not have the Lber's for a 4-3..........

4-3 Line Backers have to be hella fast, not to mention this would mean Ford is gone because he is not a DE.
The **** are you talking about?

You put a combo of KPass and Speaks on one side and Houston on the other side with Jones and Nnadi in the middle.

Hitchens and DOD can play LB in a 4-3 scheme.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #198
The man you could post like.

Quote:

Oh noes.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #199
Veteran

There's no question that he is the greatest coach of all time," Polamalu said of LeBeau back in 2013, "and there's no question to me that he is the epitome of what a Hall of Famer should be.
Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Jimmya must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:49 PM   #200
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Because we have some very real problems with how we disguise/mix up our coverage looks.

That problem is that we....don't. Ever.

I still laugh at the "Bob's complicated scheme" narrative because there was absolutely nothing complicated about it and it took Tony Romo barking out what we were doing before every play before folks went "hey, wait a minute...."

Sutton's schemes lacked any sort of wrinkle to them. And yet somehow that bumble**** Scandrick still didn't know where to stand but I digress.

If we can get someone in here who does with our coverages what Reid is able to do with route combinations, etc... we would be goddamn unbeatable. Now defense isn't as open to tinkering so that's not going to work quite as well, but even a little bit of advancement there could be huge.

Besides, I think Houston will be excellent with his hand on the ground and frankly the only way to extract any value at all from Speaks or K-pass is to put them in-line as well.

A 4-3 transition should absolutely be considered and frankly I would prefer it. Then again, I don't know that Richard is likely to be married to ANY sort of alignment on his front; he's a coverage guru first who is likely to simply fit his fronts to his talent.
It's so complicated he can't make adjustments because it would complicate it....
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #201
Supporter

Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #202
MVP

Quote:
Because we have some very real problems with how we disguise/mix up our coverage looks.

I still laugh at the "Bob's complicated scheme" narrative because there was absolutely nothing complicated about it and it took Tony Romo barking out what we were doing before every play before folks went "hey, wait a minute...."

Sutton's schemes lacked any sort of wrinkle to them. And yet somehow that bumble**** Scandrick still didn't know where to stand but I digress.

If we can get someone in here who does with our coverages what Reid is able to do with route combinations, etc... we would be goddamn unbeatable. Now defense isn't as open to tinkering so that's not going to work quite as well, but even a little bit of advancement there could be huge.

Besides, I think Houston will be excellent with his hand on the ground and frankly the only way to extract any value at all from Speaks or K-pass is to put them in-line as well.

A 4-3 transition should absolutely be considered and frankly I would prefer it. Then again, I don't know that Richard is likely to be married to ANY sort of alignment on his front; he's a coverage guru first who is likely to simply fit his fronts to his talent.
I have heard of certain coaches having complex schemes that are also easy for the quarterback to decipher. Complicated responsibilities for the players but smart quarterbacks can figure it out.

Sometimes teams defenses appear simple on TV but then after the DC gets fired we learn the scheme was too “complex.”

Not always like this and I don’t have any concrete examples right now but I’ve seen heard this before
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
The **** are you talking about?

You put a combo of KPass and Speaks on one side and Houston on the other side with Jones and Nnadi in the middle.

Hitchens and DOD can play LB in a 4-3 scheme.
Ok,

lets just assume we did exactly what you said.

KPass and Speaks, ok... Maybe DE is their natural position, but neither of them have speed. Houston moving from standing up to hand in the dirt MIGHT work.

Jones great! Nnadi not sure of, but let assume you can fix this by signing David Irving (sketchy at best)

Now you are going to put Hitchens and DoD in space, which one exactly is going to attack the LoS?

Making moves like this isn't just so simple.........
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #204
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post
I have heard of certain coaches having complex schemes that are also easy for the quarterback to decipher. Complicated responsibilities for the players but smart quarterbacks can figure it out.

Sometimes teams defenses appear simple on TV but then after the DC gets fired we learn the scheme was too “complex.”

Not always like this and I don’t have any concrete examples right now but I’ve seen heard this before
Sometimes you just gotta line up and beat the guy in front of you.

Personally my problem with Sutton's defense is he always tried to prevent everything on every play.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #205
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best22 View Post

I will reiterate that folks spent 4 years calling out Bob's schemes as too vanilla until the moment Parker said it was complicated and Petro started preaching it like the gospel.

That narrative NEVER existed until Ron Parker showed up and tried to defend his existence on the team when he knew his athleticism damn sure wouldn't do it for him.

I mean c'mon - did you see anything in that game that was hard to decipher? Read safety, kill play, rinse/repeat. It was fish in a barrel and it didn't take Tom Brady to prove it. Sutton may be rigid and he may be antiquated or too relaxed. There are a dozen reasons or more to criticize the job performance of Bob Sutton but 'complicated scheme' just ain't one of them from anything I ever saw from this squad.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #206
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Ok,

KPass and Speaks, ok... Maybe DE is their natural position, but neither of them have speed. Houston moving from standing up to hand in the dirt MIGHT work.

Jones great! Nnadi not sure of, but let assume you can fix this by signing David Irving (sketchy at best)

Now you are going to put Hitchens and DoD in space, which one exactly is going to attack the LoS?

Hitchens seemed to play just fine in a 4-3. And don't feed me some bullshit about he played clean up. Go back and watch games and you'll see him attacking the LOS. Sutton misused him all season long.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #207
Supporter

Quote:
Ok,

I know little about football, so I could be extremely wrong on this. Isn't DE in a 4-3 just used to set the edges and your pass rush comes from the DT. If that is true Speaks and Kpass don't need speed. I mean I am sure they have more responsibility than just setting the edges but I thought that was the main responsibility

If I am wrong I will just go ahead and **** off.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #208
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Sutton's defensive schemes need defensive players who can actually do their jobs. He should have come up with a scheme where the players can suck harder than a black hole and still magically stop the opponents. That might have been enough for that garbage defense to hold up. Outside of that, even Belichick wasn't getting that back 7 into good enough shape to be a Super Bowl caliber defense, even with a good offense.

K.C. needs LBs and CBs, and getting those is the job of the personnel guys, not the D.C..
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
I know little about football, so I could be extremely wrong on this. Isn't DE in a 4-3 just used to set the edges and your pass rush comes from the DT. If that is true Speaks and Kpass don't need speed. I mean I am sure they have more responsibility than just setting the edges but I thought that was the main responsibility

If I am wrong I will just go ahead and **** off.
You are wrong, but you don't have to **** off.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #210
The man you could post like.

Quote:
I will reiterate that folks spent 4 years calling out Bob's schemes as too vanilla until the moment Parker said it was complicated and Petro started preaching it like the gospel.

That narrative NEVER existed until Ron Parker showed up and tried to defend his existence on the team when he knew his athleticism damn sure wouldn't do it for him.

I mean c'mon - did you see anything in that game that was hard to decipher? Read safety, kill play, rinse/repeat. It was fish in a barrel and it didn't take Tom Brady to prove it. Sutton may be rigid and he may be antiquated or too relaxed. There are a dozen reasons or more to criticize the job performance of Bob Sutton but 'complicated scheme' just ain't one of them from anything I ever saw from this squad.
Charvarious Ward also made the claim that the defense was complicated.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.