Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-28-2022, 09:13 PM   Topic Starter
Veteran

Non-woke media for people into non-woke tales

These days, there are billions of TV shows and movies, but every billion of them share a lot in common. Men are the enemy. Whites are the enemy. So combine the two worst characteristics, white and man, into one character and you have yourself a villain. Now just fill the story with diverse women and diverse people that were born withle that never can do wrong and that's everything everywhere.

But what if you don't like that sort of political agenda? What if that kinda annoys you? You might want an option to see something along the lines of your own sensibilities. To that end, here is the list:

#1) Alien. This is weird because it stars a woman, but it's great. It's the tops.

#2) Bull Durham. Also weirdly celebrated by feminists cause it had a strong woman character. Same actress actually.

#3) The Big Sleep. Starring Bogey and the best actress of all time, Lauren Bacall. Great stuff. Written by a Pulitzer Prize winner and Nobel Prize winner.

#4) To Have and Have Not. Written by that aforementioned PP and NP winner, but this one was adapted from the works of a person considered good, Ernest Hemingway.

#5) Bone Tomahawk. Kurt Russel in a western that is considered so stomach-turningly violent, most people won't even watch it.

#6) Star Trek 6, The Undiscovered Country. An example a super ultra woke film that was actually good. They didn't have diverse female characters ninja kicking white men at all.

#7) Das Boot. Best war movie ever made. It should be #1 but I'm too lazy to go back and edit. Zero women characters, so zero opportunity to have women characters jump kicking men. It worked.

#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.

Last edited by Vladimir_Kyrilytch; 06-28-2022 at 11:49 PM..
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:46 PM   #2
Has a particular set of skills

Come on don’t turn the media center political
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:52 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Come on don’t turn the media center political
I deleted some of the more incindiary stuff I said because you make a fair point. The rest still stands. These are good films that aren't woke at all, that's the spirit of the thread.

A Bridge Too Far: amazing film. All practical effects. That means real airplanes of the WW2 era with real people jumping out as paratroopers. Excellent film. Anthony Hopkins is in it as a key RAF guy (Frost) but that's just the tip, just the tip of the iceburg of the cast. It was an all star situation. Nobody ever talks about this movie.

Last edited by Vladimir_Kyrilytch; 06-29-2022 at 12:11 AM..
Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Vladimir_Kyrilytch has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-28-2022, 11:28 PM   #4
Ain't no relax!

Weirdo troll.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:14 AM   #5
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch View Post
#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.
My favorite part about the ultra capitalist Ayn Rand is how she was ultra against medicare and social security for everyone yet took them after her lung cancer nearly bankrupted her.

Oh, and her estate got a PPP loan.

Ayn Rand got woke. Enjoy the film!
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:42 AM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post
My favorite part about the ultra capitalist Ayn Rand is how she was ultra against medicare and social security for everyone yet took them after her lung cancer nearly bankrupted her.

Oh, and her estate got a PPP loan.

Ayn Rand got woke. Enjoy the film!
You knew who I was referring to, A+ for that

You never read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged front to back. So D- on that. Did you know she took a low level job on a railroad before she wrote Atlas Shrugged just so she could write competently about railroad matters? That's ****ing method, man, you gotta give her that.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:02 AM   #7
The Demon Preacher

Quote:

You never read The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged front to back. So D- on that. Did you know she took a low level job on a railroad before she wrote Atlas Shrugged just so she could write competently about railroad matters? That's ****ing method, man, you gotta give her that.
She was a sellout that couldn't live up to her own standards for how the world should work. Now... I've read philosophers from all sides of the political and sociological spectrum but you are correct, I've not read Rand.

She died when I was very young and I learned about her the person. The person leads me to not want to read her books. If a person can't live up to their own philosophy... why waste the time?
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:11 AM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
She was a sellout that couldn't live up to her own standards for how the world should work. Now... I've read philosophers from all sides of the political and sociological spectrum but you are correct, I've not read Rand.

She died when I was very young and I learned about her the person. The person leads me to not want to read her books. If a person can't live up to their own philosophy... why waste the time?
She aint God. Objectivists do not hold her up as a supreme being. This aint scientology my friend. There aint no BS here.

So for all I care she could have humped a camel and annointed ground squirrels as the highest beings. She isn't the point. Her points are the point. 2 + 2 = 4 is the basis of objectivism.

She is inspiring though because she escaped communism and fell in love with liberty and freedom. I won't deny that that's inspiring to me.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #9
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:

Give it a shot. Pick up Anthem because it's a quick read. It's enjoyable and the novella format is quite good for her dry style.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:11 PM   #10
Veteran

I killed a squirrel today with a shovel. I think it was because I made that flippant remark about ground squirrels.

It was a mercy killing. My Australian Cattle Dog had it half dead out there. But what can you do with a half dead squirrel? Mercy killing was my only option.

I took no pleasure in it. Can JJ Abrams say the same?
Old 07-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #11
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
The person leads me to not want to read her books. If a person can't live up to their own philosophy... why waste the time?
Everyone is a hypocrite on some level. We all lose our temper. We will all eventually get depressed. We all make decisions we don't like due to money or responsibilities. We all make mistakes.

The writers aren't telling you they have achieved perfection and can now pass on their superior knowledge. They want you to think about something. They want to share something people generally don't think about.

Doctors gain weight. Businessmen go broke. Mothers use contraception. Failing to live up to your own goals doesn't invalidate your goals.

Or more simply you need to separate the art from the artist...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 04:25 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Everyone is a hypocrite on some level. We all lose our temper. We will all eventually get depressed. We all make decisions we don't like due to money or responsibilities. We all make mistakes.

The writers aren't telling you they have achieved perfection and can now pass on their superior knowledge. They want you to think about something. They want to share something people generally don't think about.

Doctors gain weight. Businessmen go broke. Mothers use contraception. Failing to live up to your own goals doesn't invalidate your goals.

Or more simply you need to separate the art from the artist...
Ignore him. He is a hypocrite himself.

Her books are interesting. Which is more than I can say for most post 1900 writers.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:

Did you know the committee of 300 covertly and intentionally pimped her nihilism to college curriculums? They did the same with Aldous Huxley...they like planting the seeds of discord early...

She is on record stating that world is run by 300 men....wonder where she got that crazy idea?
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:19 PM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Did you know the committee of 300 covertly and intentionally pimped her nihilism to college curriculums? They did the same with Aldous Huxley...they like planting the seeds of discord early...

She is on record stating that world is run by 300 men....wonder where she got that crazy idea?
Show me that record because I am so familiar with Ayn Rand that I could be her biographer.

Here is the thing about her and objectivism. It was never limited to a small circle of intellectuals. Well, it was, but who was in that small circle?

A young Alan Greenspan for one. That's just one. Her whole little clique went on to run the world. Rand Paul. Mitt Romney. I mean Rand Paul was named after Ayn. Her connection to Greenspan and the whole Clinton administration is a thing to consider, but as a supporter of their ideology, I'll just leave it there.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:34 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Her whole little clique went on to run the world.
Like I said...groomed by them.

I dont have the reference handy but she absolutely said it....this was before I knew of the Committee of 300...and I though about what she said for awhile. "Who the **** is she talking about"...
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.