Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM  
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Better Call Saul

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:20 AM   #2296
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
They did it to Howard because he was the lead attorney on the sandpiper case. They did everything just to get it closed quicker so Saul could get his money quicker.
And Kim could start her pro bono law practice.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:50 PM   #2297
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Especially since Jesse was in New Mexico and Adriana was killed somewhere in New Jersey.

Andrea was shot on her doorstep in BB
Adriana was shot in the woods by Silvio in The Sopranos.

Ah, didnt realize we were talking different shows
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:53 PM   #2298
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Ah, didnt realize we were talking different shows
We weren't necessarily, but the notion of most senseless/tragic deaths in television narrative came up.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:53 PM   #2299
In Search of a Life

Btw, I think ozark missed a big opportunity by killing off Javi so soon. Lalo might be one of the most intriguing characters in the two series and they’re both downright terrifying because of their nonchalance in cold blooded murder. He’s like a slick competent version of Todd. Gotta hope the guy sticks around for the bulk of the series finale.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:47 PM   #2300
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Kim reminds me so much of Walt. Both very upstanding and smart people in the beginning but slowly they both fall into this shit and their integrity snaps u til you don’t feel sorry for them anymore. I’m there with her.

It’s funny. Tonight’s parallel reminded me of Hank’s death. “You’re the smartest guy I’ve ever met” and tonight’s “And you. One of the smartest and most promising human beings I’ve ever known.”
Meh, Kim's pro bono work still shines a light on her true character.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2022, 02:53 PM   #2301
In Search of a Life

What do we read into Howard calling Kim the smartest person he’s ever met. Seems a nod to hanks comment to Walt before he was killed.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:23 AM   #2302
Veteran

Random thoughts:

I thought Charles McGill was the smartest person Howard ever met. He certainly revered him. Calling Kim that was a shaming tactic. (not that she isn't smart)

The blame for Howards death doesn't go on Jimmy and Kim. They didn't know that Howard was going to show up at their door. Or Lalo either. Certainly not at the same time. Lalo is a ruthless person with no regard for life/property of others.

Kim is as deep into the con as Jimmy. They've shown that she is accustomed to deceit from her childhood.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:18 PM   #2303
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois View Post
Random thoughts:

I thought Charles McGill was the smartest person Howard ever met. He certainly revered him. Calling Kim that was a shaming tactic. (not that she isn't smart)

The blame for Howards death doesn't go on Jimmy and Kim. They didn't know that Howard was going to show up at their door. Or Lalo either. Certainly not at the same time. Lalo is a ruthless person with no regard for life/property of others.

Kim is as deep into the con as Jimmy. They've shown that she is accustomed to deceit from her childhood.
"Well, we might as well get this over with".

They knew he was coming, but Lalo not so much.

It wasn't their fault Howard died, but they set off the chain of events that led to it. Just like Walt with the kid, Hank, and Gomey.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:38 PM   #2304
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Random thoughts:

It was a shaming tactic for sure, but he said one of the smartest
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:43 AM   #2305
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Random thoughts:

Well, point being that the context was the same. She’s one of the smartest person he knows yet stupid enough to get caught up in something so stupid. Vince gilligan doesn’t do these things by coincidence. It’s foreshadowing something. Can’t wait to find out what that is but it doesn’t seem to bode well for Kim.
Old 06-04-2022, 09:19 AM   #2306
Stay positive, don't give up

What a mid season finale. Feel bad for Howard. I still wonder if this just ends with Jimmy alone and working cinnabon. Past episodes he looks very unhappy when they cut to those scenes. I assume those are all after BB, right?
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:25 PM   #2307
Supporter

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:33 PM   #2308
New and Improved

Hell yea!
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:35 PM   #2309
Veteran

Spoiler!
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:01 PM   #2310
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Hell yea!
As they say, you fail to plan and you plan to fail.

spoiler to discuss tonight's episode through foreshadowed events

Spoiler!

Last edited by Baby Lee; 07-11-2022 at 09:30 PM..
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote