Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #4456
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Isn't that what the last group did?
Knowing full well this is water on the flame here, but unfortunately the next level up is still A ball.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:03 PM   #4457
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Ok Duncan, trade proposal, rate it:

Mondesi straight up for Nick Senzel

I wouldn’t do it. You pick up another year of control, but Senzel has had some weird injury issues and Mondesi is established.

Mondesi also impacts the game in more ways and might have more power than Senzel to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
I was all aboard the suck for #1 pick train, but I see the value in positive results at this point. Especially because, from everything I've read, there's no clear generational superstar at the top of the draft.

Really want them picking 1-2. Right now, it looks like Rutschman and Witt will be the clear top 2 with a big gap after. I want one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
It's too bad Matias couldn't finish the year healthy playing a part in this run. As negative as I often am I'm excited for Matias, Pratto, Isbel, Melendez, Lynch, and Kowar. Hopefully Singer also hits the ground running next year.

It is too bad on Matias. Same with Gigliotti.

There are pieces of that group that bear watching, too. Brewer Hicklen. Carlos Herndandez, Janser Lara, Yefri Del Rosario.

The A+ and AA groups next year will be fun to follow.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #4458
"You like to drink?"

Don't sleep on Maarten Gasparini, though.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #4459
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I wouldn’t do it. You pick up another year of control, but Senzel has had some weird injury issues and Mondesi is established.
That's the one question about Senzel. BUT - he's a top 5 prospect and has obliterated MiLB pitching. He's a no-doubt MLB bat and prob an AS caliber one, and you could open up SS for Nicky Lopez.

IF of Senzel, Lopez, Whit and OHearn to me, is stout.

Quote:
Mondesi also impacts the game in more ways and might have more power than Senzel to boot. .
Now that Mondesi has proven he can hit MLB pitching, his upside has been solidified. IMO. He could be a 10-year player here in KC.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #4460
The pizza king of kansas

Gordo damn!
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:59 PM   #4461
In Search of a Life

https://www.mlb.com/video/merrifield...?tid=231025570

Does MLB.com video just spin and never play for anyone else? Somehow on 2 different computers (both macs), trying multiple browsers, over 2 days, this is all I ever get:

suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #4462
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post

Mondesi also impacts the game in more ways and might have more power than Senzel to boot.

Really want them picking 1-2. Right now, it looks like Rutschman and Witt will be the clear top 2 with a big gap after. I want one of them.

It is too bad on Matias. Same with Gigliotti.

There are pieces of that group that bear watching, too. Brewer Hicklen. Carlos Herndandez, Janser Lara, Yefri Del Rosario.

The A+ and AA groups next year will be fun to follow.
Miami just moved a game closer toc#2.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #4463

Hard to believe, but they're 10 games behind Baltimore for the 1st pick. That race should be over this week. The Marlins are only 5 behind the Royals with 14 to go, so they have a shot.

If the Royals finish 9-5 they'll have a winning record the 2nd half of the season.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #4464
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Hard to believe, but they're 10 games behind Baltimore for the 1st pick. That race should be over this week. The Marlins are only 5 behind the Royals with 14 to go, so they have a shot.

If the Royals finish 9-5 they'll have a winning record the 2nd half of the season.

I have actually hope for next season along with the 2nd pick in the draft.

Should be a fun year.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #4465
Future NBA Finals MVP

Mondesi just homered, again. 2-3 with a Homer. YESS PLEASSE
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:23 AM   #4466
Just here for the Royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Mondesi just homered, again. 2-3 with a Homer. YESS PLEASSE
And another stolen base. I’ve always been a huge Mondesi fan, but even I would have told you this type of season would be highly unrealistic starting out. He’s doing in 2018 what I would have wanted in year 4.
Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bufkin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:08 AM   #4467
Rabbi Goldmann

DONT HASSLE THE HOZ

Hoz. 145g 627pa 17hr 65r 69rbi .250avg 94 wRC+ -0.3war
Duda 101g 360pa 14hr 35r 49rbi .238avg 94 wRC+ -0.1war
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:13 AM   #4468
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
DONT HASSLE THE HOZ

Hoz. 145g 627pa 17hr 65r 69rbi .250avg 94 wRC+ -0.3war
Duda 101g 360pa 14hr 35r 49rbi .238avg 94 wRC+ -0.1war
Man... giving him all that cash would have been a tough hurdle for us to overcome over the next few years.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #4469
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy View Post
Man... giving him all that cash would have been a tough hurdle for us to overcome over the next few years.
How close were we to actually doing that? It's been a while, but I seem to remember we made a fairly competitive offer? I can't imagine having that contract along with Gordon and Kennedy.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #4470
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
How close were we to actually doing that? It's been a while, but I seem to remember we made a fairly competitive offer? I can't imagine having that contract along with Gordon and Kennedy.
Heard conflicting stories but if it wasnt for the Padres he would be making bank as a Royal.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.