Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-06-2018, 09:18 PM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***

The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #2206
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
This is where I'm at. Take responsibility or have real proof you got a raw deal on something like this. I will say that I know that every day people are sent to jail for crap they didn't do, but this doesn't 100% feel like that.
My daughter wouldn't be able to keep a surprise gift for my wife a secret, much less keep character in a totally fabricated story.

Kids are honest, even to a fault.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #2207
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Well then.

Who is projecting as the top overall prospect for pitchers and power hitters in 2019? Because it looks like one of those will be coming to KC if this trend continues.

Bobby Witt Jr is the consensus too guy at the moment. 5-tool SS, whose dad was a 16-year big leaguer.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #2208
Damnit Peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Bobby Witt Jr is the consensus too guy at the moment. 5-tool SS, whose dad was a 16-year big leaguer.
Former Texas Ranger.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #2209
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Is he projecting as a SS in the bigs, or will he make a move somewhere else? I can just see them ****ing with Modessi and his positions again, and he never ends up figuring it out.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Is he projecting as a SS in the bigs, or will he make a move somewhere else? I can just see them ****ing with Modessi and his positions again, and he never ends up figuring it out.
Mondesi needs to worry about Nicky Lopez before anyone we haven't even drafted yet. The way Lopez is playing it won't be long before he's up here. I'm guessing one will end up at 2B and the other at SS.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:01 PM   #2211
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk13 View Post
Mondesi needs to worry about Nicky Lopez before anyone we haven't even drafted yet. The way Lopez is playing it won't be long before he's up here. I'm guessing one will end up at 2B and the other at SS.
Haven't some big league teams figured out that 2B doesn't require perfect defense so you'd put the second best defender at 3B or perhaps outfield?
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #2212
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I'm curious how everyone would instead feel if the kid admitted doing it and seemed to showed a ton of sincere remorse?

I think I'd be a lot more sympathetic. At 13-14 your brain isn't close to formed yet. You're not the same person you're going to be as an adult by a long shot. Not that I'd ever let him near kids again. But I'd tend to want to give him a second chance at life.
Well he hasn't. It's true that from 12 to 23 what the mind and body go through. And basically going through at least one phase that can last a few years where the average person is actually insane. This act isn't forgivable. And he probably does it again. People who do that sort of thing don't usually stop after doing it once. It's probably who he is

It's the sickest addiction in a way. Two lives were ruined. There's no restitution in a case like this. They're both f**ked in the head now, and should both be put down. He's never gonna be right. She's never gonna be right

If there's one line that needs to be drawn in the sand as a society this has to be it. F**k him. F**k Oregon St. for letting him play. F**k his parents or family for not turning their backs on him so that he could go to prison where he belongs until someone Dahmer's him. And f**k any team that brings him in
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #2213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Haven't some big league teams figured out that 2B doesn't require perfect defense so you'd put the second best defender at 3B or perhaps outfield?
I guess so, but valuing defense is usually the last thing you have to worry about with the Royals. I can't imagine anyone would question their commitment to putting an elite defense on the field.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #2214
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by banecat View Post
F**k his parents or family for not turning their backs on him
Now you're getting a little ridiculous. **** his parents for not turning their back on their 15 year old son?
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #2215
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Now you're getting a little ridiculous. **** his parents for not turning their back on their 15 year old son?
Maybe so. But I haven't done anything as ridiculous as what he's done. Several years ago my friend's brother got into similar trouble. He opened up a photography studio in a small town south of KC with a friend of his. They were the only one in town. And obviously technology wasn't anywhere near what it is today

So most of the people in town that wanted professional photography went there if they didn't want to drive closer to the metro. A lot of business from high school students went his way. I'm not sure exactly how many 14 to 17 year old girls he took naked pics of. He was busted by taking a disc of all of the nudes that he had done to someone who he thought could get them either work as models for the ones who would do it, or was trying to sell the pics. However it was the guy asked for a copy of if he could have the disc to show someone to get a deal done. The guy immediately took the illegal material to the police

My friend's brother was arrested. His business partner was lucky enough to prove that he had no idea of what was going on and didn't face any charges. I remember one time we were all having dinner while the trial was going on. I asked how he was doing in jail. The mood in the room shifted. There was silence for a few minutes

Then his dad told me that they didn't know as they did what any person should do in a situation such as that one, and turn their back. At the time and being a lot younger I was kinda pissed that they were so cold about it. The brother had gotten some girl that was still in high school pregnant. She was like 15, 16. They got married. Had a few more kids together

We all thought that it was a little odd. It made perfect sense once he was arrested how bad his issues were. Now that I'm older I understand where his family was coming from a lot better now. And what he did was obviously very wrong. Not to the degree as this ball player. So if a lesser crime gets a family, friends, and everyone else a guys knows to move on, then a much harsher crime deserves at least the same treatment
banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.banecat would the whole thing.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #2216
Cheat Death

From WS champs to putting the Repository thread on ignore in less than 3 years.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #2217
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
From WS champs to putting the Repository thread on ignore in less than 3 years.
Well, it's not like these threads have ever been great... at least when people cry now, they have something to cry about.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #2218
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Well, it's not like these threads have ever been great... at least when people cry now, they have something to cry about.
These threads and the Royals GDT were the best threads on this site for a few years. Pray 4 Mahomes to right the ship.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #2219

Keller with another great performance today. Looking legit.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #2220
Fish are scared of me

I see our hitting frenzy continues
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.