Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2019, 11:34 AM   Topic Starter
Politically Incorrect

Ruthless People and other great comedies

I just rewatched Ruthless People after 10-15 years and couldn't stop laughing. Bette Midler is an underrated actress/comedian and Danny DeVito is always a riot. If you pay enough attention, you will see "Frankie Carbone" of the movie Goodfellas in a scene.

Highly recommend.

Down and Out in Beverly Hills is also great. (Just rewatched as well)

What About Bob?

There are others I'm going through from the 80's early 90s.

Any recommendations?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
21st Century Schizoid Fan

Great movie. My favorite scene/line:

siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
21st Century Schizoid Fan

I'm trying to think of something really under the radar.

I assume most people know Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer.

Maybe Three O'Clock High?
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
Veteran

Micheal Keaton had a lot of great comedies in the 80s:

Night Shift
Mr. Mom
Johnny Dangerously
Gung Ho
Beetlejuice
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffmeister View Post

Night Shift
Mr. Mom
Johnny Dangerously
Gung Ho
Beetlejuice
I wish Johnny Dangerously held up better than it did.

My sister and I thought that was the funniest movie ever made when we saw it in the theater as little kids.

Revisited it in college and there were amusing parts. But it was a little hokey, certainly not an all-time classic.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:20 PM   #6
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

Night Shift
Mr. Mom
Johnny Dangerously
Gung Ho
Beetlejuice
Damn this is so true!

One of the funniest scenes of ANY movie that I ALWAYS remember is when Michael Keaten gets off the subway in New York and runs up to the window and shouts at Henry Winkler through the window:

"LOVE BROKER"

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #7
Starter

Quote:

Night Shift
Mr. Mom
Johnny Dangerously
Gung Ho
Beetlejuice
Multiplicity

The dream team,
although Peter Boyle thinking he's Jesus is the best part.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:43 PM   #8
Supporter

Noises Off is about as hard as I laughed at a movie.
It takes a bit to set up the payoff, but when it's in full swing of the hijinks, it just comes at you in waves.

Hardest I laughed at the theatre was probably Something About Mary.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Hardest I laughed at the theatre was probably Something About Mary.
"Nobody goes to Santiago, Chile twice in one year."
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #10
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Noises Off is about as hard as I laughed at a movie.
It takes a bit to set up the payoff, but when it's in full swing of the hijinks, it just comes at you in waves.
Great call

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #11
a haw haw haw

Another must see comedy riot I didn't see mentioned The Hollywood Knights

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:35 AM   #12
a haw haw haw

Also Scho if you don't mind B/W I highly recommend Arsenic and Old Lace the original Dark Comedy.Hilarious topic as well.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:45 PM   #13
Politically Incorrect

No problem at all with B/W. Watched plenty of 3 , Little Rascals, To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men and lots more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
Also Scho if you don't mind B/W I highly recommend Arsenic and Old Lace the original Dark Comedy.Hilarious topic as well.

No problem at all with B/W. Watched plenty of 3 , Little Rascals, To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men and lots more.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #14
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Another must see comedy riot I didn't see mentioned The Hollywood Knights

That's a great movie except for the scenes with Tony Danza and Michelle Pfeiffer. They absolutely bring it to a grinding halt.

Porky's is another good one.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #15
Politically Incorrect

I'm trying to find this movie online for free to watch and I'll be damned if I can. I'm good at finding everything for the most part but this one is hard as hell.

Quote:
Great call