Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2018, 09:05 PM  
Wasted away again...

17 dead after duck boat capsizes on Table Rock Lake

This is awful. So sad...

NEAR BRANSON, Mo. -- The Stone County Sheriff confirms eight fatalities involved in a duck boat capsizing on Table Rock Lake Thursday.

Emergency crews responded to the incident shortly after 7 p.m. after a severe line of thunderstorms rolled through the area.

Sheriff Doug Rader reports the boat had 31 people on board. He tells KY3 News four of those have been transported to a hospital. Some of the 31 on board include children. Divers are on the scene searching for more possible victims. The sheriff says he does not know how many on the boat are missing. The sheriff is asking for any family missing someone to go to Branson City Hall. It remains a rescue and recovery mission.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Emer...488679201.html

Last edited by Dartgod; 07-20-2018 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: updated the number of casualties
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #286
Be Kind To Your Pets

Why are they still using WWII technology? Why not design a safer Duck Boat that's more in tune with this century?
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
A survivor said after it was under water for a minute the captain released the canopy.
The time frame may be inaccurate due to the experience.

I did not know it could be released in case the duck went under. I guess that if you didn't grab a vest before it happened....
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #288
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
Why are they still using WWII technology? Why not design a safer Duck Boat that's more in tune with this century?
Ain’t nobody got time for all that, there’s vacations to go on to Ride the Ducks.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:51 PM   #289
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
How fast is your boat?
Its faster than Sh*t. I know you cant compare that to the Ducks, but the ducks really don't go that far out on the lake.

What's really is hard to understand, is the main center were they park and load is even further north than me, that's the direction the storm came in from. (Green mountain & 76) The incident was 1.5 miles south of me. Why didn't they call them all back in? This would of bought more time.
redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #290
MVP

$30 a ticket X 29 passengers = why they didn’t call them back in.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:02 PM   #291
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Dont you suppose that they were removed and or retracted to aid in rescue the recovery of bodies. I did read everything those divers do is filmed. I dont know if that is like stills or video.
I suppose. I did think that one of the onboard videos showed windows, so it was curious. Also the number of bright orange floaty things still in the vessel.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #292
Starter

Quote:
Sad but true.

Dude, one look at that storm, and you could tell it was nasty like my women.
redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.redfriday < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:07 PM   #293
#RIPAce

Is it possible the windows were crushed by the water pressure at 80 feet of depth?
CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #294
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
If you count all of the World War II casualties aboard Duck Boats, the mortality rate skyrockets.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #295
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
If you count all of the World War II casualties aboard Duck Boats, the mortality rate skyrockets.
My brother and I were talking about that a couple days ago. Very true.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #296
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
I suppose. I did think that one of the onboard videos showed windows, so it was curious. Also the number of bright orange floaty things still in the vessel.
Yeah I saw that also and right overhead in reach of all passengers. The sheeple factor here Captain says you dont need them WTH. People they are put overhead for you its your life get a life preserver to hell what a Duck Boat Captain says.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #297
MVP

^ The hell with Duck Boat Caprains, Duck Boat Captains don’t matter.

Hee also kept telling them to stay in their seats even as it was so bling. Ya, **** him.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #298
Snacks Are Under My Apron

#DuckBoatCaptains Lives Matter

Still going to be a hell of a funeral to sit through
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:41 PM   #299
MVP

Quote:
Your full of shit.. I can't point the finger at the company noting greed for a measly $870.

I cannot even fathom a person risking the lives of 30 people for $870.

I have to ask if the driver and "captain" we're up to date on the weather (did they know of 60 mph winds coming in front of the storm.

It may be months or years before anything is public as it I were the captain's lawyer I would cut his tongue out to keep him from speaking. The same for the Manager of the overall operation who should have made the call to turn the Ducks around.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #300
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Agreed. Those with the training to act (captain and crew of the Branson Belle) did act, from what I've read and heard.

Here’s a part of the Branson Ducks story you should know:

While the duck boat was capsizing, David Griffin was working a part-time job as a waiter on the Showboat. For 4 years, he performed on the Showboat’s stage, and currently is a star singer with the Clay Cooper Experience in Branson.
Watching the tragedy unfold, David took off his waiter’s apron, called on a fellow employee and JUMPED INTO THE WATER to help.
At 75 MPH, those swells would make it hard to survive, much less swim or help someone else.
David swam to a woman who was face down in the water, and struggling to stay afloat, managed to hold her up for 25 minutes. He had even forgotten to remove his shoes!! The woman did not make it. Before he was lifted by a pontoon boat, David helped move two more people out of the water.
David did not rescue anyone who lived. But the Branson singer and waiter tried!! BTW, only two people from the Branson Bell jumped into the treacherous waters, David and his pal.
Despite how he thought “a half-dozen times” that he, too, was going to die, David made it to shore and the dock of the Branson Belle, in time to console the Duck Captain, who was in a wheelchair.
“You did all you could,” he told him.
I thought it is important that you know what David did yesterday! David’s story should be told.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.