Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM  
Supporter

What would you do if your neighbor....

Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room window and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolerated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looked up the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuisance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual?

Updated: Talked to him, asked him to either wait until 10:00 to turn it on or get a dimmer bulb.....light was off last night so he is being cool though I could tell by his town he wasn't happy about the purpose of my visit

Last edited by petegz28; 01-10-2009 at 10:53 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #91
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Talk about talking tough behind a keyboard.

You obviously have lived in the suburbs all your life too.
False.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #92
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
I will be awaiting a letter or phone call from the cops to get this message.

Thanks in advance.
Dude, you already got called on talking out of your ass once already. Why keep...well I guess we need some entertainment so ...keep it up fuchead
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #93
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
I ahve in other threads I wil dig them up later.. I just typed up a letter I am going to leave with them as I do not think they are home until later and I am going out, damn it!
Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #94
Supporter

Quote:
False.
Sure.....this is me not believing you..--->
Old 01-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #95
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.
Well, we shall see.....

Trust me, when I saw the size of the guy, and I knew he was big but damn....I was nothing but smiles and nice...
Old 01-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #96

Quote:
Dude, you already got called on talking out of your ass once already. Why keep...well I guess we need some entertainment so ...keep it up fuchead
So you guys took those responses...on Chiefs Planet as serious posts of what those posters would do in those situations.

Dickless and stupid.

I am starting to feel sorry for you. Just step into that light and save everyone on CP.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #97

Quote:
Sure.....this is me not believing you..--->
This is me typing this post from Westport.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #98
Supporter

Quote:
This is me typing this post from Westport.
Westport ain't nothing but the hispanic suburb of the hood. That is just a joke cause I know it is mostly gay people and not hispanic.

When you get to Troost or otherwise east of, let me know.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #99
Stay positive, don't give up

This is gay
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #100

Quote:
Westport ain't nothing but the hispanic suburb of the hood.

When you get to Troost or otherwise east of, let me know.
I would keep changing the goal posts if I were you as well.

When you are not a complete coward. Let me know.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #101
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
This is gay
I gotta do something until the wife gets home....
Old 01-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #102
Supporter

Quote:
I would keep changing the goal posts if I were you as well.

When you are not a complete coward. Let me know.
Sure thing, sweetie
Old 01-09-2009, 05:25 PM   #103
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Fish View Post
Tomorrow's headline: KC Man Sodomizes Neighbor with Light Pole
The Gem of the thread.
BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #104
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 View Post
Interesting the beating Pete is taking, while the guy that has no regard for his neighbors and installs a ****ing spotlight comes off as an innocent in all this.

If someone like Iowanian, Bugeater, Frazod, etc posted this thread, you wouldn't hear a peep about "having the stones" to confront someone that obviously could give two shits about his neighbors.

You either have to be Stevie Wonder, or a real asshole to install something like that and NOT think it's going to be a nuisance to others.
Sort of how I saw it. You put it in and kept it on so why indication is there you will care what your neighbors say? And I was fine with a warning and possible fine from the city to send the message. But once they started talking about the Cops having to get involved....meh ...not ready to go there yet.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #105
Veteran

There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.
cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.cardken is not part of the Right 53.