Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
BAMF!

I have found this website to be a useful resource. I am in the process of building my own.

edit: also, avoid https://www.userbenchmark.com/ to compare components. They are a joke.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 06-02-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
Most Valuable Villain

Has anyone ever bought anything through Cyberpower PC? I’m guessing I’m going to hear how they’re overpriced but just checking to see if anyone has.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:02 AM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Has anyone ever bought anything through Cyberpower PC? I’m guessing I’m going to hear how they’re overpriced but just checking to see if anyone has.
I used to sell them like ten years ago. I felt they always tried to make up their margin on the PSU, meaning the power supply was lower quality or under-powered. No clue how they hold up now.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I used to sell them like ten years ago. I felt they always tried to make up their margin on the PSU, meaning the power supply was lower quality or under-powered. No clue how they hold up now.
I’m doing some price comparisons right now and it’s not too far off in price. Obviously it’s going to be higher priced because someone is building it for you and installing everything. I’m just not seeing a gaping price discrepancy.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
I’m doing some price comparisons right now and it’s not too far off in price. Obviously it’s going to be higher priced because someone is building it for you and installing everything. I’m just not seeing a gaping price discrepancy.
Once you find one you like, post a link. I'd be interested in the PSU specs.
Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Bill Brasky has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #7
Most Valuable Villain

Http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1MCW4E

This is one I spent about 15 minutes customizing. Updated the RAM,
, the power supply, the HD and the GPU.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:05 PM   #8
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1MCW4E

This is one I spent about 15 minutes customizing. Updated the RAM,
, the power supply, the HD and the GPU.
Just by glancing at it, the price seems a little steep?
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:24 PM   #9
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
$1800....yeah. I figure I’m paying more money for them to build it....as well as a warranty. Not saying it’s a better deal....just a different option.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #10
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pants View Post
Kinda what I was thinking. I havent looked at recent pricings but I'm not sure how you start with a $500ish GPU and a $280ish CPU and end up at $1800.

What exactly is their warranty? All the parts come with a warranty from the manufacture and you'll get a 30 day window to return a defective part to a retailer. Feel like you could probably buy someone dinner to build one for you and save a bunch of money.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #11
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Kinda what I was thinking. I havent looked at recent pricings but I'm not sure how you start with a $500ish GPU and a $280ish CPU and end up at $1800.

What exactly is their warranty? All the parts come with a warranty from the manufacture and you'll get a 30 day window to return a defective part to a retailer. Feel like you could probably buy someone dinner to build one for you and save a bunch of money.
Prices I’ve seen for the GPU start at $500
Old 06-02-2020, 03:49 PM   #12
Most Valuable Villain

And fans versus water cooled? What are your thoughts?
Old 06-02-2020, 03:53 PM   #13
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Price to performance = Air.

I havent seen any compelling reason to go to water cooling other than aesthetics and the RGBs which turns your PC into a "pro" model and makes it run 30% faster.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:57 PM   #14
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
I wouldn't bother with water cooled, unless you just want it to look fancier. Just get a decent CPU fan and it'll be fine. Make sure you have decent airflow through your case. A case fan in the front pulling air in, and another in the back pushing hot air out. I overclock my GPU, and still have never had any heat issues.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #15
Time Keeps On Slipping

I went with an AIO water cooler for the CPU on my current build (8400k OCed to 4.8GHz) and I honestly think that was a waste of money. A good air solution would probably do a better job. It does look very nice and clean but that doesn't make it worth it at all.

I thought I would be able to hit 5Ghz with water AIO. The results were hilarious.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.