Keep Camp Home!

***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****

Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go!

Last edited by cmh6476; 11-25-2020 at 03:47 PM..
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #76
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

lolol garrett is king of garbage time
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
I would argue Enaruna should be in that discussion.
i think he's too slow but i like him.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #78
Perpetual Mediocrity

Lightfoot coming in now with a minute left.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #79
Time For Your Wake Up Call !!!

This will be a good film for the kids to watch, how not to play defense.

100 + points allowed!
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #80

GIVE LIGHTFEET THARTY MINUTESQ!!!

i don't think i'm even kidding.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
i think he's too slow but i like him.
I like to see him in and out the 4/5 rotation when we go small.
ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ROYC75 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:45 PM   #82

Woof.

But I came away with this game with some positive thoughts.

THE GOOD:

Bryce Thompson seems to be ahead of where I thought he would be. Seems like a gritty, energetic, tough guard. Maybe some CJ McCollum in him.

Ochai's stroke looks pure. Him and Braun should make enough 3's. Ochai has never been a good passer and sometimes turnover prone but he went 4 assists, no TO's today.

Jalen Wilson looks like more of a complete basketball player than I recalled in limited action & exhibitions last year.

Tyon Grant-Foster has ton of potential. We likely won't see it until next year but I can see that guy being a star eventually.

THE BAD
We miss Doke badly. We have no rim protector if Bill will refuse to play Lightfoot. I'm scared Bill is going to rely way to much on Dmack who I'm sure is going to put up a big stat line on the year. But it's going to be alot of empty stats. He'll make some two pointers and alot of 20 foot two pointers, block little shots and be horrible on p&r and transition defense.

We have nobody who can just go get us a basket at the end of the shot clock. Maybe Thompson can be that guy because that was all Dotson last year. He bailed us out on my occasions.

Our defense flat out sucked. Gonzaga shot 66% from the field. SIXTY SIX PERCENT. Just mental lapses and lackadaisical play. With so many new faces this is not surprising. Now, Gonzaga is going to be undoubtedly the best offensive team in the country this year but they gotta play better D than that. It will get better though.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:49 PM   #83
In Search of a Life

About what I expected for the first game.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-26-2020, 02:57 PM   #84
Perpetual Mediocrity

Thompson needs to get bigger/stronger/better defensively, but he'll score with the best of them.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:00 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Woof.

But I came away with this game with some positive thoughts.

THE GOOD:

Bryce Thompson seems to be ahead of where I thought he would be. Seems like a gritty, energetic, tough guard. Maybe some CJ McCollum in him.

Ochai's stroke looks pure. Him and Braun should make enough 3's. Ochai has never been a good passer and sometimes turnover prone but he went 4 assists, no TO's today.

Jalen Wilson looks like more of a complete basketball player than I recalled in limited action & exhibitions last year.

Tyon Grant-Foster has ton of potential. We likely won't see it until next year but I can see that guy being a star eventually.

THE BAD
We miss Doke badly. We have no rim protector if Bill will refuse to play Lightfoot. I'm scared Bill is going to rely way to much on Dmack who I'm sure is going to put up a big stat line on the year. But it's going to be alot of empty stats. He'll make some two pointers and alot of 20 foot two pointers, block little shots and be horrible on p&r and transition defense.

We have nobody who can just go get us a basket at the end of the shot clock. Maybe Thompson can be that guy because that was all Dotson last year. He bailed us out on my occasions.

Our defense flat out sucked. Gonzaga shot 66% from the field. SIXTY SIX PERCENT. Just mental lapses and lackadaisical play. With so many new faces this is not surprising. Now, Gonzaga is going to be undoubtedly the best offensive team in the country this year but they gotta play better D than that. It will get better though.
Pretty much spot on. HCBS wants continuity, start start Mitch over David, start Enaruna at the 4, bring in Braun to go 4 small, Enaruna at the 5, filter Wilson, Thompson in and out 1-4 constantly as you turn up the pace!

Plus stop scheduling game on Thanksgiving Day when you don't play DEFENSE! Getting your ass roasted and looking like a Turkey instead of a Jayhawk is very unbecoming of KU BB.

Last edited by ROYC75; 11-26-2020 at 03:15 PM..
Old 11-27-2020, 01:18 PM   #86
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Jalen Wilson has already made some really nice passes in this one. Probably part of why Self likes him at the stretch 4.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #87
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

For the people begging Self to go small the last handful of years, it looks like this year will have a significant amount of time with all 5 guards.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #88
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
For the people begging Self to go small the last handful of years, it looks like this year will have a significant amount of time with all 5 guards.
Good because McCormack is a disaster out there defensively.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:42 PM   #89

Really looks like postionless basketball when McCormack is out. The whole lineup is like 6’5” - 6’8”.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #90

Agbaji and Braun are looking like they’ll be all conference