Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2020, 09:13 AM  
Damnit Peg

2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository

Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:46 PM   #2026
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
That's like saying it was sad that Michael Jordan sold more jerseys than Frank Thomas for the White Sox in 1994.
Christ I am getting old. Don't seem that long ago
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:49 PM   #2027
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Well, he is a part owner. It does seem in a way like stolen valor.
I'd rather own one of those rather than some slap dick that might not last 2 seasons.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:47 PM   #2028
The Insider

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:48 PM   #2029
The Insider

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:51 PM   #2030
Veteran

ESPN.com’s Jeff Passan reports that it is a multi-year pact between the two sides, with MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand adding that the contract is for two years. This tops MLBTR’s prediction of a one-year, $6MM contract for Minor, and he is now the first free agent of the 2020-21 offseason to sign a multi-year contract. We’ve already seen a fair bit of action within the pitching market, though Robbie Ray (Blue Jays), Charlie Morton and Drew Smyly (both Braves) all signed one-year deals, and Marcus Stroman (Mets) and Kevin Gausman accepted one-year qualifying offers to remain with their former teams.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:16 AM   #2031

He is going to be 33, but he's two years removed from getting Cy Young votes. Last year was such a weird year it's going to be hard to evaluate guys. His ERA was up last year but he was still striking guys out. Either way it's probably good that they're going to push guys like Duffy and Junis to earn rotation spots.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:18 AM   #2032
Rabbi Goldmann

How do we know he isn’t going to the bullpen?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:43 AM   #2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
How do we know he isn’t going to the bullpen?
I guess it's possible, but the guy has several seasons as a solid starter. His only bullpen year was with the Royals, and that was after missing two whole years due to injuries. Hard to believe someone wouldn't take a chance on him as a starter.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:49 AM   #2034
MVP

Royals have Keller, Singer, Bubic, Duffy as starters for sure. Gonna be interesting to see who gets that last spot.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:28 AM   #2035
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository

Re-signing Minor is definitely a signal the team is expecting to take a competitive step forward this year. I hope it’s not the only vet they bring in to fill holes.

They probably will go with a 6-man rotation next year - as no starter will be in position to work more than 22-24 starts, so we need to frame rotation thoughts from that perspective.

Keller
Duffy
Singer
Minor
Bubic
Junis
Kowar
Lacy

All seem likely to get MLB starts this season. I wouldn’t mind adding another vet with SP chops to the group, just to add to the depth and also take some pressure off
the young guys.

I would love to see them add Joc Pederson, unless his price is way higher than I expect.

He would add some LH balance to the lineup and also contribute power and patience as well. He’d be a major upgrade from 2020 Alex Gordon. And it would let them use Merrifield more as a UTIL guy.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #2036
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Royals have Keller, Singer, Bubic, Duffy as starters for sure. Gonna be interesting to see who gets that last spot.
It’ll be Junis imo

Minor is 33 and he struggled last year. We have no LH in the pen. That’s where I see him returning
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #2037
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I would love to see them add Joc Pederson, unless his price is way higher than I expect.

He would add some LH balance to the lineup and also contribute power and patience as well. He’d be a major upgrade from 2020 Alex Gordon. And it would let them use Merrifield more as a UTIL guy.
I would like them to take a look at Whit's old college teammate - Jackie Bradley, Jr.

I think he would be a good addition to play center field at Kauffman and left handed bat.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #2038
War Eagle !!!

Royals ink Taylor to one-year contract

https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/mich...or-royals-deal

The Kansas City Royals announced today that they have signed outfielder Michael A. Taylor. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. In a corresponding move, the Royals designated left-handed pitcher Foster Griffin for assignment.

According to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand, Taylor's deal is for one year and worth $1.75 million, plus $1 million in incentives, per a source.

Taylor, 29, was granted free agency last month following seven Major League seasons, all with the Washington Nationals, including a World Series championship in 2019. This past season, he hit .196 in 38 games, but 11 of his 18 hits went for extra bases, resulting in a .424 slugging percentage. Taylor made starts at all three outfield positions, including eight in left field and center field and seven in right field.

He set career highs in 2017 with 23 doubles, 19 home runs, a .271 batting average and .806 OPS. Taylor also tied for second among National League center fielders with eight outfield assists, despite playing in just 113 games, and was named a finalist for the Rawlings Gold Glove Award. The following season, in 2018, he recorded a career-high 24 stolen bases while playing in a career-high 134 games.

Taylor was originally drafted as an infielder by Washington in the sixth round of the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, out of Westminster Academy in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

He’s been at his best in postseason play, batting .316 (12-for-38) with four home runs and 10 RBI in 16 career playoff games, including a home run in Game 2 of the 2019 World Series, his only plate appearance of the series.
DeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutDeepSouth is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 11-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #2039
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
I would like them to take a look at Whit's old college teammate - Jackie Bradley, Jr.

I think he would be a good addition to play center field at Kauffman and left handed bat.
It makes some sense, but I just don't love what he brings to the table. Pederson has traditionally been a lot more consistent offensive contributor, and that's the main thing i'm looking for.

I'd rather just get a look at Khalil Lee than watch Bradley.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:56 PM   #2040
Herm is the worst...horrible

I'd be surprised if Minor didn't start to begin with in '21. Based on the Athletic's story and Moore quotes, I can't believe he's ticketed for the bullpen until circumstances force him there (younger starters promoted or he's shown ineffective in a large enough sample size). Athletic also had some interesting comments on his FB spin rate and changeup break.

Junis is heading to the bullpen - Royals FO has been telegraphing this for months.
dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dallaschiefsfan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.