Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 09-15-2019, 02:33 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

Frank Clark ****ing sucks

Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:30 PM   #76
Don't Be A Dick

[QUOTE=pugsnotdrugs19;14450990]As a whole, I think fans are too ate up with sacks. They’re awesome, don’t get me wrong, but they don’t correlate to great team defense nearly as much as many seem to believe.

See Chiefs last year for reference.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #77
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
How offended some of you get over any type of criticism blows my mind. I can only imagine how big of pussies some of you must be in the real world by your reactions to criticism of a football player.
I think most people just think it's foolish to shit yourself over two games worth of performance from a player on a new team and new system. No need to call people pussies for not playing along with the unnecessary drama.
FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #78
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Depends.

Maybe the first round pick would be better than Clark, but we don’t know for sure.

I don’t trust Houston or Ford to stay healthy and they’re both expensive.
Not to mention not leaders, liability in coverage and against the run and incredibly inconsistent.

Them shits can kick bricks. Houston can come back and sign a one day contract to retire as a chief. Ford can suck a fat sausage. We were one dumb ****ers arm away from reaching the promised land.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #79
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Not to mention not leaders, liability in coverage and against the run and incredibly inconsistent.

Them shits can kick bricks. Houston can come back and sign a one day contract to retire as a chief. Ford can suck a fat sausage. We were one dumb ****ers arm away from reaching the promised land.
All of this.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #80
Suupraa Geniuuusss

So I just re-watched the first three quarters of the game, just the Chiefs' defensive snaps. Clark was doubled nearly every single down, which gave other guys on our DL several 1v1 opportunities. I noticed that Chris Jones was doubled most of the time as well. This fits with what we know about Gruden; he wants to take our best defensive players out of the game as much as possible.

Based on how Clark played I'm pretty sure that Spags knew that Clark was going to be a primary focus of the Raiders' OL.

In spite of this attention, Clark came off the snap hot throughout the game; I don't think he took any plays off when he was on the field.

He also managed to make a TFL, a tackle for a one yard gain (if he missed it that one probably would've gone for at least a first down), several QB pressures that forced Carr out of the pocket (exactly what we want), a couple tackles on their TEs that might've gone for big gains if Dee Ford had been out there.

Unfortunately, except for the TFL, he didn't have any splash plays. What he did do was play smart team football, drew a lot of attention to himself and helped everyone else on the DL make plays.

Most importantly, I didn't see him make any big mistakes. No lining up offsides, no encroachments, off-sides, losing his assignments, etc.

I really liked how he drove down on some of those running plays and forced the RB back into the middle. He played contain just about as well as anyone can play it.

I know some people are going to be pissed that Clark got a big contract and he didn't snatch Carr's head off every other passing play, but that's not realistic. The Raiders knew coming into the game who Frank Clark was, and they obviously knew exactly where he was on the field every snap. But all that extra attention helped our DL and our secondary at times. Bottom line, our defense has only allowed a couple dozen points in two games, and only allowed one big running play.

And I don't think Clark is in his best game shape yet. He's going to be fine, IMO. He's making our defensive line better, better at tackling, better at containment, and better against the run.

I'm starting to believe that the Ravens will have a hard time getting those big running plays against us next week.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #81
Rabbi Goldmann

This fits with what we know about Gruden; he wants to take our best defensive players out of the game as much as possible.

Do other coaches not?
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #82
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
This fits with what we know about Gruden; he wants to take our best defensive players out of the game as much as possible.

Do other coaches not?
Some don't. Some seem to depend on their scheme to handle things, even when there's a star player on the field.

But more often it seems like some coaches/units lose track of the guy(s) they're supposed to be doubling/paying extra attention to. Clark was doubled nearly every down, so I surmise that the Raiders were well aware of his presence whenever he was on the field.

John Fox. I remember in the Super Bowl (I think it was the SB, might've been the NFCCG), he tried to rely on his offensive scheme to handle the pass rushers and it didn't work. The defense got to his QB and RB pretty consistently throughout the game. I remember the game because I told my buddy that Fox would have to make the adjustment coming out for the second half. He didn't. We were both yelling at the TV, "you need to chip that guy!"

Last edited by Megatron96; 09-15-2019 at 10:32 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #83
Special Teams ACE!!!

So for what it's worth, I do need to clarify and walk back a couple things about what I wrote. I was far too many beers into that point of the game, and yes, I realize it was only the end of the 1st quarter. No, it's not an excuse, and yes, I just called it a "walk back." This is definitely a thread I wouldn't normally start, and I wish I hadn't, because I do look like a dumbass. If I had to bitch about a player (which I sometimes do) I'd find the dumbass thread somebody else started and write my opinion in that thread.

What spurned my anger? Well, yeah, at that point in the game the defense WAS playing like trash. I started this thread when I saw Carr with a 100% clean pocket on consecutive plays during the Raiders' only TD drive in the first quarter. The defense had been doing its usual "run defense looks better, but QBs all complete ridiculous percentage of their passes against us" routine from last game.

That being said.....

1. Seattle gouged us on this trade. It ****ing sucked when it happened, and it still ****ing sucks. I 100% believe Clark is way better than Ford, but I don't think he's a full 1st round pick better than Ford. Whatever, though. It shouldn't matter what I think about what Clark is worth. It matters what Veach and Spags think Clark is worth. If they have to slightly overpay to get the player that matters to them and fits in best, so be it. I didn't have the info and knowledge of the player and the person that Veach had. That's why he's a GM and I'm just a fan.

2. HOWEVER, it does still suck to spend that AND pay him the contract we did and still have to wait for a bit until other players on defense improve and get used to the scheme so that more attention is placed on them and Clark can get more opportunities to make plays. No, I'm not talking about just sacks, either. I simply mean timely tackles at the line of scrimmage. Good block shedding. QB pressures just as much as QB sacks. Tackles for loss.

No, the stories of great defensive players aren't always told with stats, but again... being a Chiefs fan and seeing all the big money contracts we've given to defensive guys only to have them shit their pants with it... well, when you're several beers in and the defense looks like they did in the 1st quarter and Carr has all ****ing day to throw and has no problems whatsoever completing his passes to steamy turds like Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow, and the guy you spent money on hasn't produced so much as a single QB hurry or a bead of sweat to run down Carr's forehead, and you're losing 10-0 to the ****ing Raiders....

Yeah, we've all been there. I just gave in to the demon of dumbassery, okay?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:18 PM   #84
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

It's still early. A lot of football left to be played. He is at least drawing double teams like others have said.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:41 AM   #85
Veteran

Only two games in so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, my main concern is the money we are paying him could cost us Chris Jones.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-16-2019, 03:55 AM   #86
EvOlVeD

I must say, you have become a whingin' lil bitch lately. But this is merely an observation
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:05 AM   #87
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
So I just re-watched the first three quarters of the game, just the Chiefs' defensive snaps. Clark was doubled nearly every single down, which gave other guys on our DL several 1v1 opportunities. I noticed that Chris Jones was doubled most of the time as well. This fits with what we know about Gruden; he wants to take our best defensive players out of the game as much as possible.

Based on how Clark played I'm pretty sure that Spags knew that Clark was going to be a primary focus of the Raiders' OL.

In spite of this attention, Clark came off the snap hot throughout the game; I don't think he took any plays off when he was on the field.

He also managed to make a TFL, a tackle for a one yard gain (if he missed it that one probably would've gone for at least a first down), several QB pressures that forced Carr out of the pocket (exactly what we want), a couple tackles on their TEs that might've gone for big gains if Dee Ford had been out there.

Unfortunately, except for the TFL, he didn't have any splash plays. What he did do was play smart team football, drew a lot of attention to himself and helped everyone else on the DL make plays.

Most importantly, I didn't see him make any big mistakes. No lining up offsides, no encroachments, off-sides, losing his assignments, etc.

I really liked how he drove down on some of those running plays and forced the RB back into the middle. He played contain just about as well as anyone can play it.

I know some people are going to be pissed that Clark got a big contract and he didn't snatch Carr's head off every other passing play, but that's not realistic. The Raiders knew coming into the game who Frank Clark was, and they obviously knew exactly where he was on the field every snap. But all that extra attention helped our DL and our secondary at times. Bottom line, our defense has only allowed a couple dozen points in two games, and only allowed one big running play.

And I don't think Clark is in his best game shape yet. He's going to be fine, IMO. He's making our defensive line better, better at tackling, better at containment, and better against the run.

I'm starting to believe that the Ravens will have a hard time getting those big running plays against us next week.
This is exactly what happened week 1 as well. Dude is getting chipped or doubled almost every pass play except the 3 step drop stuff. It's letting everyone else get 1v1 wins.
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-16-2019, 05:29 AM   #88
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickhead View Post
I must say, you have become a whingin' lil bitch lately. But this is merely an observation
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:42 AM   #89
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
We'd be better off with just the 1st rounder. Justin Houston or Dee Ford would be icing on the cake.
Possibly but that’s assuming we hit on our first rounder. Dee Ford is anything but icing. He’s a one dimensional player who’s lack of discipline in regards to what side of the ball to line up on cost us a trip to the SB.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 09-16-2019, 05:51 AM   #90
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
So for what it's worth, I do need to clarify and walk back a couple things about what I wrote. I was far too many beers into that point of the game, and yes, I realize it was only the end of the 1st quarter. No, it's not an excuse, and yes, I just called it a "walk back." This is definitely a thread I wouldn't normally start, and I wish I hadn't, because I do look like a dumbass. If I had to bitch about a player (which I sometimes do) I'd find the dumbass thread somebody else started and write my opinion in that thread.

What spurned my anger? Well, yeah, at that point in the game the defense WAS playing like trash. I started this thread when I saw Carr with a 100% clean pocket on consecutive plays during the Raiders' only TD drive in the first quarter. The defense had been doing its usual "run defense looks better, but QBs all complete ridiculous percentage of their passes against us" routine from last game.

That being said.....

1. Seattle gouged us on this trade. It ****ing sucked when it happened, and it still ****ing sucks. I 100% believe Clark is way better than Ford, but I don't think he's a full 1st round pick better than Ford. Whatever, though. It shouldn't matter what I think about what Clark is worth. It matters what Veach and Spags think Clark is worth. If they have to slightly overpay to get the player that matters to them and fits in best, so be it. I didn't have the info and knowledge of the player and the person that Veach had. That's why he's a GM and I'm just a fan.

2. HOWEVER, it does still suck to spend that AND pay him the contract we did and still have to wait for a bit until other players on defense improve and get used to the scheme so that more attention is placed on them and Clark can get more opportunities to make plays. No, I'm not talking about just sacks, either. I simply mean timely tackles at the line of scrimmage. Good block shedding. QB pressures just as much as QB sacks. Tackles for loss.

No, the stories of great defensive players aren't always told with stats, but again... being a Chiefs fan and seeing all the big money contracts we've given to defensive guys only to have them shit their pants with it... well, when you're several beers in and the defense looks like they did in the 1st quarter and Carr has all ****ing day to throw and has no problems whatsoever completing his passes to steamy turds like Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow, and the guy you spent money on hasn't produced so much as a single QB hurry or a bead of sweat to run down Carr's forehead, and you're losing 10-0 to the ****ing Raiders....

Yeah, we've all been there. I just gave in to the demon of dumbassery, okay?
I think you are overvaluing our 1st rounder last year. Had it been a top 10 pick you would have a solid argument. Where the Chiefs drafted it was essentially a high 2nd rounder. Not bad for a player who up to that point had proven himself in the league.
tredadda has disabled reputation