Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 08-13-2017, 12:16 PM  
I'll be back.

***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***

AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

Last edited by Hammock Parties; 10-07-2018 at 11:37 PM..
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #106
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I'm in the mood for a good argument. Someone say something stupid and mean it, goddamnit.
I still think Geno Smith has more upside than Mahomes.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #107
pie is never free

Quote:
I'm in the mood for a good argument. Someone say something stupid and mean it, goddamnit.
Mahomes is gonna bust
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #108
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Mahomes is gonna bust a nut on NFL defenses
FYP
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #109
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Mahomes is gonna bust
I know you don't mean it. It's not the same.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #110
Veteran

I didn't realize that pass to TE Escobar was that close nor did I recognize his 6 inch vertical. I'm not sure if that was a mistimed jump or he just cant jump. That is a TD easily with Kelce.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #111
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
FYP
Agreed

Quote:
I know you don't mean it. It's not the same.
Welp, cant say I didnt try
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #112
Supporter

Quote:
My thoughts:

Gif #1: Underthrown, sure. But he was looking towards the opposite hash the entire time. He knew where he wanted to go with the ball before he snapped it. He stared down the opposite receiver on purpose and then immediately turned his head and took his shot. Also, Ka'dos to Robinson. He burned that DB. He had a couple of yards on the DB. Toasty.

Gif #2: Anticipation? WTH are you talking about, GoChiefs? That wasn't great anticipation. Great anticipation would've been releasing the ball as the receiver finished his route. That route by Jones wasn't great, and for the most part he was covered. Mahomes stared Jones down the whole way. However, he positioned the ball well and Jones made a fantastic adjustment. That was a rookie play and Mahomes looked like a rookie. No biggie.

Gif #3: Sure, the ball could've been a little lower, but Kelce catches that ball. I have yet to find an angle that demonstrates Escobar getting more than 6" off the ground. I don't know if Escobar has hops or not, but he certainly didn't on that play. Yes, it was high, but an NFL TE needs to make that play. That ball was well within Kelce's catching radius and that throw was one of my favorites of the night.

Gif #4: That was a forced throw into coverage much more than it was "anticipation". Probably one of my least favorite throws of the night. No, the ball was NOT low enough to where only his reciever could get it. The ball was thrown above the receiver's hip. That's not low. On top of that, he stared him down the whole way. That was a rookie play, but Ka'dos to Mahomes for trying to make something out of nothing.

Gif#5: Not much to say about it that hasn't already been said. I called it "Vintage Mahomes" in the GDT. That's the kind of throw that got him drafted #10 overall. He made those throws every Saturday at Tech. Five years from now we're all gonna say, "Yup, that's a classic Mahomes throw right there..."

Gif#6: Loved that throw. That's an NFL throw. THAT's putting it where only his receiver can get it. Tight window, low and outisde. Fantastic throw. And he bypassed an easy checkdown to do it.
Excellent analysis. From someone who obviously knows about football. I loved the gif's Clay. But keep to what you know, which is Gif's, not football. Your analysis just shows your ignorance.

Last edited by jjchieffan; 08-14-2017 at 09:31 PM..
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #113
EvOlVeD

Quote:
if mahomes was on the roster four years ago, bowe would be leading the league in yards and touchdowns every year.
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 AM   #114
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
Yeah he should have gone with the slot receiver DAT that was open.
Alex Smith would have thrown to DAT for a 3 yard gain.

This was an NFL throw that the best QB's make because they anticipate the player being open or throw him open. Smith doesn't have this ability.
jaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijaa1025 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #115
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
So it wasn't a high arching spiral?

Don't you think Mahomes is incredibly talented?

I guess time will tell who is right.
That's not what I said at all.

Quote:
...a high arching perfect spiral
Quote:
That is a big time throw
It was a nice throw, nice TD. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
This kid has so much talent it is ridiculous
Yes, he is talented. So much it is ridiculous? Don't know about that yet.

Quote:
He is the type of once in a generation player you can build a dynasty around.
Of all of these, this one is probably what prompted me most to make my "hyperbole much" comment.

Look, I like Mahomes and I'm looking forward to the day that he replaces Smith. I think the future is bright, but come on, let's not put him in the HOF yet.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #116
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post

Of all of these, this one is probably what prompted me most to make my "hyperbole much" comment.

Look, I like Mahomes and I'm looking forward to the day that he replaces Smith. I think the future is bright, but come on, let's not put him in the HOF yet.
Mahomes raw ability is not disputed by anyone who has played or coached.

Seriously, talent is raw ability. Skills are the things you learn. His arm talent is not questioned by anyone who knows what the **** they're talking about.

Yes, Mahomes is among the most raw talented individuals ever drafted for the position.

He's largely lacking in teachable skills.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #117
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Mahomes raw ability is not disputed by anyone who has played or coached.

Seriously, talent is raw ability. Skills are the things you learn. His arm talent is not questioned by anyone who knows what the **** they're talking about.

Yes, Mahomes is among the most raw talented individuals ever drafted for the position.

He's largely lacking in teachable skills.
It's incredibly frustrating that people get "talent" and "potential" confused with "he's going to the HOF!"
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #118
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post

My comment on that pass was a counter to all saying it was some kind of floater that should have, could have, would have been an interception. It was not a duck- but a nice spiral from what I could tell by Clays gifs. Add to it, he motioned for the receiver to go to that spot and nailed the throw while being pursued. It was a great pass for a rookie in his first game imo.

Okay, let's play the semantics game since you don't like my word choice here.
What is a better word to describe a kid that put up the incredible stats he did, can throw the ball 60 yards from his knees not to mention 60 plus mph. to me, that is ridiculous natural talent. Pick whatever word you want, he still has amazing gifts.

If Andy didn't think this kid is a player you can build a championship around they would not have moved up. There were other options. I guess time will tell if they were right.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #119
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

Play 1: A beautiful strike, albeit slightly underthrown, that got called back.

Spoiler!

What I like about this play: The All-22 shows no one really open, and a pass rusher right in Mahomes face. He still made the throw.

Spoiler!

Play 2: A fine intermediate throw, thrown with incredible anticipation.

Spoiler!

What I like about this play: the anticipation on this throw is something we don't even see from he-who-shall-not-be-named-in-this-thread. This is the frame right before Mahomes begins his throwing motion. He waits any longer and it might be picked.

Spoiler!

Play 3: Mahomes escapes pressure and comes 6 inches from a TD pass.

Spoiler!

What I like about this play: Mahomes shows great pocket presence, but he isn't running just to run like you-know-who. He's running to throw, and attempting a throw certain quarterbacks would never even think of. Additionally, the fact he avoids a sack here sets up a TD later.

Look how close this was to a TD:

Spoiler!

Play 4: Mahomes throws with incredible anticipation again, almost comes up with a TD, gets a flag anyway.

Spoiler!

What I like about this play: This is even better anticipation than the intermediate throw we saw earlier. The WR hasn't even cleared coverage when Mahomes starts his throwing motion. I'm fairly floored a rookie QB in his first game attempted this throw.

Spoiler!

Play 5: TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY

Spoiler!

What I like about this play: Mahomes is running to throw all the way. He's manipulating the defense into giving him a crack to throw. And it's just a crack, because as people have pointed out, if he doesn't throw it high it's probably a pick. Sir-not-appearing-in-this-thread hasn't made a throw like this into the end zone in four years.

The frame where Mahomes decides to release:

Spoiler!

You know what you need to throw TDs in the NFL? BRASS BALLS.

Go and do likewise, starter. The touchdown's out there, you pick it up, it's yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those plays tonight and score, score, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my pads.

FIN
While this kid is going to be good, let's keep things in perspective for the moment. Gif #1 was an underthrow that against a first team defense could have gone poorly. Gif #2 he threw to a man covered while missing an opportunity to hit the open guy for what could have been a bigger gain. Gif #3 he did a great job avoiding pressure and looking to pass first which is good, but it was still a poor throw.

Will this kid be better than Smith? I think so, but he still has a ways to go and it might be prudent to objectively look at what he did and did not do instead of giving him a free pass and glossing over his mistakes.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 08-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #120
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
While this kid is going to be good, let's keep things in perspective for the moment. Gif #1 was an underthrow that against a first team defense could have gone poorly. Gif #2 he threw to a man covered while missing an opportunity to hit the open guy for what could have been a bigger gain. Gif #3 he did a great job avoiding pressure and looking to pass first which is good, but it was still a poor throw.

Will this kid be better than Smith? I think so, but he still has a ways to go and it might be prudent to objectively look at what he did and did not do instead of giving him a free pass and glossing over his mistakes.
Just so you know you are going to be called an Alexsexual soon with objective posts like that.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.