Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2020, 11:16 AM  
Supporter

KC BBQ Store - Cyber Monday 20% off

Last year we had a great thread about BBQ sauce around this time. The KC BBQ Store was offering free shipping. This year they have 20% on Monday. I haven't calculated it out, but I'd imagine it would be a similar discount.

https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com

For reference, here is last year's thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327072

Once again I'm hoping people will throw out suggestions, maybe something new you've tried. Based on some excellent suggestions last time, I'm already planning on getting some Blue's Hog Original and Firebug Hot & Regular.

I am curious about some other sauces as well, so help me out if you have any knowledge. I saw there is a Blue's Hog Smokey Mountain. How does it compare to the Original? I was also curious about the following sauces: EAT Barbecue The Next Big Thing, Joe's Kansas City, and Squeal Like a Pig.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #16
Supporter

I think I'll be adding the Cowtown Hog Rub to my order.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:17 AM   #17
Mammoth penis

CM deal dropped my order $12 but $15 to ship.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:37 AM   #18
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I really like Meat Church rubs, Holy Gospel in particular is my go-to lately as an AP. I've used it on chicken, ribs, pork butt and a turkey and it worked fantastically. It's a sweeter rub but really hits all the notes I want.
Went ahead and grabbed a Meat Church Holy Cow as well. Want to do a side by side with Plowboys Bovine Bold which has been my go-to beef rub.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:02 AM   #19
Keepin it Real

$12 to ship from 4 hours away? Seems extreme.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:42 AM   #20
Seeking the Truth daily

Hillsdale Bank BBQ Sauce is hands down simply awesome

Zero to Hero Rub for ribs, butts, chicken
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:17 PM   #21
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good vinegar-base sauce? I normally eat my ribs dry or with a spicy sauce but every once in a while I crave vinegar.
We love this stuff...
https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.co...b280bec5&_ss=r
asdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutasdf is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 11-30-2020, 05:17 PM   #22
Draconian Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I showed my wife a Jumbalaya Pasta recipe, and she said, "buy it. He's a fat guy. He has to know what he's talking about"
Hell, that makes me freakin' expert!!!
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
CM deal dropped my order $12 but $15 to ship.
Just out of curiosity, I put together the same order as last year to see what it would come to. The 20% off isn't as good of a deal. My order was about $5 more than when they had free shipping.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:48 PM   #24
Supporter

Okay, just pulled the trigger. The 20% off was a $3 difference compared to the free shipping, so all-in-all not a bad deal.

Went with:
Blue's Hog Original and Smokey Mountain
Firebug Hot and Original
Meat Church Gospel
Cowtown Squeal Rub

I took a flyer on a few sauces as well -- Squeal Like a Pig Slaps Sauce, Kosmo's Q Peach Habanero, and EAT Barbecue The Next Big Thing.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:02 PM   #25
Starter

BBQ

Thanks for posting this. I live out near DC and I needed to stock up on some sauces! I bought a ton of shit. Shipping is expensive though but I’ll take the hit.
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:15 AM   #26
Cheat Death

FWIW, they're offering free shipping on orders over $75 today

Promo code: MAYSHIP
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:42 PM   #27
Ain't no relax!

So, I tried a new sauce last week, and I'm really impressed with it. It's called Caribbean Cowboy. I tried the Not Too Hot version, and thought it was almost perfect. Sweet, with a nice blend of spices, then a nice spicy finish. Liked it so much, I ordered the Fire sauce right away, which is supposed to be hotter. The Not Too Hot version actually has a pretty good spicy kick for a BBQ sauce. Similar to Night of the Living Sauce heat. Found it at Sunfresh, but also saw it at Fairway Meat Market. Or available via KCBBQ store links below. Definitely recommend...

https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.co...e63f0ba&_ss=r:

https://www.thekansascitybbqstore.co...bc24423&_ss=r:

Made in DeSoto, MO. They're not subtle about what they think of another specific KC BBQ sauce...

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:53 AM   #28
Cheat Death

15% off through 9/17

Old 09-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #29
MVP

I stumbled upon this video for an Expert Grill pellet smoker. Apparently some Walmart stores have them on "end of season" sale for $195. Might be a good pellet smoker if you're not sure you want to spend $500+ on another brand. It does well in the biscuit test which shows evenness of heat. He has other videos on this particular smoker, too. It seems pretty solid for the price point. My Walmart has them in stock, so I'll check to see if they have the discount on my next trip.

Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-14-2021, 03:20 PM   #30
Cheat Death

FYI - Free shipping today only at the KC BBQ Store using code: holiday21

*on orders over $50