Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 11-26-2020, 09:00 PM  
MVP

Thanksgiving Mock (11/26/20)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Offseason

Chiefs extend S T. Mathieu for 2 years and LT E. Fisher for 4 years, reducing their 2021 cap hits.
RFA tender 1st Rd CB C. Ward and Orig. Rd WR B. Pringle
ERFA tender TE N. Keizer and CB A. Brown
Re-sign CB D. Baker, OC D. Kilgore, FB A. Sherman, TE D. Yelder, RB Dar. Williams, and DE T. Charlton to 1-year deals and WR D. Robinson to 3-year deal.
Release RB D. Thompson
Re-sign the scrub squad to reserve/futures deals.
Let walk WR S. Watkins, S D. Sorensen, CB B. Breeland, LB D. Wilson, OC A. Reiter, RT M. Remmers, DE T. Kpassagnon, CB A. Hamilton, TE R. Seals-Jones, S T. Thompson, OG A. Wylie, LB B. Niemann

1. DE Patrick Jones, Pitt (6'5" 265)
2. LB Chazz Surratt, North Carolina (6'3" 235)
3. WR Kadarius Toney, Florida (5'11" 190)
4. DT Cory Durden, Florida State (6'5" 315)
4 (comp). WR Marquez Stephenson, Houston (6'0" 190)
5. OL James Empey, BYU (6'4" 305)
5 (comp). OL Alaric Jackson, Iowa (6'6" 320)
6. FS Brady Breeze, Oregon (6'0" 198)

QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams
FB: A. Sherman

WR: T. Hill, M. Hardman, D. Robinson, B. Pringle, K. Toney, M. Stephenson
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer, D. Yelder

LT: E. Fisher, M. Rankin
LG: N. Allegretti, A. Jackson
OC: D. Kilgore, J. Empey
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, Y. Durant
RT: M. Schwartz, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, T. Charlton
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders, C. Durden
DE: P. Jones, M. Danna, T. Ward

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens
WLB: C. Surratt, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, A. Watts, R. Clemons, B. Breeze

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:19 AM   #2
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I don't know what to think about Alaric Jackson anymore since he went vegan.

Iowa is a great school to grab a lineman from, but dude is almost skinny now.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:27 AM   #3
__

Our mocks, for now, look pretty similar.

You are leaving the cupboard very bare at LB, though, but the 2nd rounder you roped in is a good prospect.

You need to start a new thread and detail for us the top 10 WRs right now you could see the Chiefs having at shot at in the first two rounds.

I’m struggling to see the opportunities there, sounds like you are too.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Our mocks, for now, look pretty similar.

You are leaving the cupboard very bare at LB, though, but the 2nd rounder you roped in is a good prospect.

You need to start a new thread and detail for us the top 10 WRs right now you could see the Chiefs having at shot at in the first two rounds.

I’m struggling to see the opportunities there, sounds like you are too.
I don't know how I feel about round ratings just yet but if you just want to know the prospects I have outlined, these are the ones I like so far as fits (obviously Chase and Smith are pipe dreams):

1. Ja'Marr Chase, LSU
2. DeVonta Smith, Alabama
3. Marquez Stevenson, Houston
4. Chris Olave, Ohio State
5. Kadarius Toney, Florida
6. Anthony Schwartz, Auburn
7. Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State
8. Dazz Newsome, North Carolina
9. Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Iowa
10. Reggie Roberson, SMU
11. Demtris Robertson, Georgia
12. Charleston Rambo, Oklahoma
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #5
Supporter

FWIW, if he can be had cheap, I'd be down for keeping Sorensen. If he can command coin, then fine, but if he's going to work cheap it just as well be here.

What are our thoughts on Henne? Is that a place we could get better?

I'm looking at the ND QB and thinking he'd make a nice backup. Not a great arm, but smart and can move around. Maybe one of those Reid puts lipstick on a pig and flips it for a pick?

Surely he'll be a late rounder right?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:59 AM   #6
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Looks good, Crow. Always interesting (yours too, Direkshun).

I'm intrigued by the idea of nabbing Penn State TE Pat Friermuth at #32. The IOL options at that spot don't look likely to be awesome, and I'm not sure there's another player at WR, or DE who can make the same type of impact.

Friermuth would be a tremendous TE2 and a great complement to Kelce now, with the ability to replace Kelce's role down the line. Penn State flexes him into the slot a lot and he's a great athlete to go with his excellent blocking.

If they're going to take a step back at WR - and I don't see any way that's avoided unless Watkins decides to stick around for a bargain contract just because - making a major upgrade to their 12 personnel grouping and making sure Mahomes has that matchup nightmare security blanket at TE for a LONG time makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.

DE and a playmaker on offense are the spots that seem most important to me. Love some of the WR value you're finding, too, as Stevenson and Toney seem like great fits in this system available in the middle rounds.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #7
In Search of a Life

Another dynamic tight end would be interesting.

I think Watkins may want to stick around I just don’t see anyone wanting to pay him much but who knows
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
Andy Reid Supporter

I would try to get a pass rusher in the first rd like you did with a DB and C in the 2nd/3rd.

Would be nice to get a lower level signing looking to rebound like the Raiders did with Nelson Agholor as well as sign our cheap guys back like Taco, Remmers etc. would be even better if Sammy took a way cheaper deal to justify his ass.

I’d like to draft multiple OL, another big weapon and another pass rusher later in the draft.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:29 AM   #9
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Another dynamic tight end would be interesting.

I think Watkins may want to stick around I just don’t see anyone wanting to pay him much but who knows
Pat Freiermuth from Penn St would be nice
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:08 AM   #10
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Pat Freiermuth from Penn St would be nice
That would make for a really badass 12 personnel grouping.

Hill
Hardman/Pringle
Kelce
Freiermuth
Edwards-Helaire

Freiermuth is a really strong run blocker and also a matchup nightmare as a receiver. Kelce can attach to an end or split into a slot/out wide. Would give Mahomes a lot of flexibility in changing plays based on the box he's seeing.

Running a mock with Freiermuth at #32, here's what I came up with:

30 - Freiermuth
62- Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami (concussion, wrist injury have been problems in college, but a physical specimen with tremendous upside)
93 - Marlin Robertson, LB, Arizona State (3-down LB with motor questions)
131 - Josh Ball, OT, Marshall (huge, former Florida State player who transferred out after coaching change. thinking he might slide to LG, though he's tall for the position)
170 - Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston (gotta keep crow happy)
173 - Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (depth, good athlete who hasn't had a lot of starts)
177 - Master Teague, RB, Ohio State (depth, great athlete with HR speed)
196 - Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin (great run blocker with movement questions at OT... could be a really excellent IOL if his bend can hold up)

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 12-02-2020 at 09:38 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #11
Banned

I love Toney but after last Saturday I think we will need to take him in the first round.
Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Riflemen < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Kizer should be the first cut.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:50 PM   #13
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflemen View Post
I love Toney but after last Saturday I think we will need to take him in the first round.

Same, but I’m not sure I wouldn’t be OK with that.

If they let Watkins walk and WR is the best value available at 32, take a WR.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #14
Black Bob's daddy

Another receiver under 6’?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:22 PM   #15
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Another receiver under 6’?

We’ll see actual height at the combine, but I keep seeing him listed at 6’.

So not technically.