Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: My job is XX percent likely to be automated in the future.
Less than 1% 47 47.47%
1 to 4.9% 17 17.17%
5 to 9.9% 4 4.04%
10 to 19.9% 3 3.03%
20 to 29.9% 7 7.07%
30 to 39.9% 4 4.04%
40 to 49.9% 2 2.02%
50 to 59.9% 0 0%
60 to 69.9% 4 4.04%
70 to 79.9% 0 0%
80 to 89.9% 2 2.02%
90 to 94.9% 2 2.02%
95 to 99% 1 1.01%
More than 99% 4 4.04%
I don't have a job. Maybe it's already been automated. 2 2.02%
I don't know what my job is called, so I can't look it up. 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

How likely is your job to be automated?

Here's a link to do a lookup: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...niversity-one/. You can do a search in the table.

There may be nuanced differences, so look up synonyms for your job. For example, my initial guess of market research analyst is 61% likely to be automated, but survey researcher is only 23 percent likely to be automated, and management analysis is only 13 percent. I might also be a marketing manager (kind of), which is only 1.4 percent likely. If I average these, I figure I'm about 24.6 percent likely to have my job go away in the future.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:25 AM   #31
Veteran

As a retired but part-time delivery driver just to keep me busy it said 60+%. I'm betting it will take until after I'm tired of this gig.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:28 AM   #32
"Think BOOM!"

0% chance.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:29 AM   #33
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post
How safe would you feel flying knowing there isn’t a pilot upfront. It’s coming in the next 6-9 decades.
About as safe as I would a car that is automated, not much at all. I mean, I have seen the blue screen of Windows. Know what I mean?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:30 AM   #34
Politically Incorrect

Being a salesman has it's advantages
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #35
MVP

I'm in high tech software sales, so the chance of automating that process is extremely slim.
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #36
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
About as safe as I would a car that is automated, not much at all. I mean, I have seen the blue screen of Windows. Know what I mean?
There are so many aspects in a cockpit that can’t be automated with current technology. Even so, with automated vehicles, tractors, trains, etc. There is a human element that just can’t be replaced for safety.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #37
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
I would am the one implementing the automation.
Right. That's kind of where I'm at.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:44 AM   #38
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Here's a link to do a lookup: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...niversity-one/. You can do a search in the table.

There may be nuanced differences, so look up synonyms for your job. For example, my initial guess of market research analyst is 61% likely to be automated, but survey researcher is only 23 percent likely to be automated, and management analysis is only 13 percent. I might also be a marketing manager (kind of), which is only 1.4 percent likely. If I average these, I figure I'm about 24.6 percent likely to have my job go away in the future.
I've posted about automation several times on here. It's a freight train coming to change our society. AI and cheap processing power is putting this into overdrive. I personally designed a plan a couple of months ago that will render over 100 jobs obsolete. Many >$100K.

People can ignore it until their family or neighbor loses their job but its already here. Every scientific study/article I've read says 30%-40% of current jobs will be lost. The worst unemployment % in the depression of the 30's was 22%. Every field will be affected. Those who think in this poll that it wont effect them are delusional. No job or field will be spared.

Just think of the societal change coming. There will be an estimated 5% gain in jobs with automation. But, your still at depression level unemployment. We are going to have to institute some level of basic income for citizens to keep them off the street and starving, prevent riots.

I hope we embrace this evolution because these lost jobs are never coming back. You cant stop the automation train.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:06 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Don't need it. GPS boundaries. The technology has been there for a decade and a half, but Deere won't release it because if some kid runs out in front of a planter or something, there is no operator to assume liability, so it falls on Mother Deere. Mother Deere don't play that way, so there has to be an operator in the machine that is responsible for collision avoidance.
maybe thats what you make the sensors for, it shocks the kid and puts him down until the equipment gets done doing its job
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #40
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

7.1%
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #41
Veteran

21% for actuaries. Seems about right. The data/predictive analytics part of the field is already heading that way.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-01-2019, 09:40 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
21% for actuaries. Seems about right. The data/predictive analytics part of the field is already heading that way.
We are a consumer economy more than anything else now. Have you taken into account that your field will have 30% less global and USA customers?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:42 AM   #43
MVP

I dunno....I'm retired. I guess that at least for me - death is the final "automation"
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:43 AM   #44
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

This thread is nothing but a forum for humblebrags about jobs. Come on, I know some of you are cotton pickers or something.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
I dunno....I'm retired. I guess that at least for me - death is the final "automation"
If your getting Social Security money, you'll be effected. When revenues fall and people are desperate, you think politicians wont go after the piggy bank of social security funds? Hell, they already do it now.