Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM  
Supporter

Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread

For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

Last edited by DaneMcCloud; 10-31-2017 at 02:08 PM..
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #2296
Shaken. Not stirred.

Whatever happened to going to the movies to enjoy a little escape from real life? Stop being a critic and just try to enjoy the art. I'm not saying that the movie didn't have its flaws but I don't let that stop me from enjoying the experience. Honestly, I think the biggest problem Disney has is having to live up to impossible expectations from the original fans.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 AM   #2297
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
So I just got back from the Original Trilogy and hoo boy, what a big piece of shit . . .
This is probably the most intelligent (if not the only intelligent) thing you've ever posted. And it offers the direct counterpart to the ET Canada video.

The ultimate problem with the Star Wars universe of films is that it really shouldn't have been one at all. The first film was such a perfect encapsulation; we really didn't need to know that Darth Vader was his father, or Leia was his sister. But they felt the need to make it a trilogy and, Ewoks aside, they didn't do too bad of a job (even though they killed Boba Fett off ruthlessly and pointlessly). Then it all fell to shit with the prequels, which introduced us to midichlorians, child Darth building C3PO, Jar-Jar ****ing Binks, little Boba and his dad, horrible whining teenage Anakin, no chemistry between Anakin and Padme and putrid love dialogue that the Hallmark Channel would be embarrassed to air, and a bunch of other awful shit. Honestly, this universe started going off the rails when Boba Fett fell into the Sarlacc Pit and Ewoks showed up, and totally left the track with the prequels, so why should we be surprised that it smashed into a brick wall in TFA and TLJ? I now understand why one reviewer said "TLJ is a decent sci-fi film but it's not a Star Wars film"; if you watch it while detaching your brain from the Star Wars universe, it's not bad, but if you try to fit it into the previous goings-on--not to mention questioning the plot holes and stupid science stuff*--then you'll have issues with it.

*For example, I've heard people talking about the hyperspace destruction caused by Laura Dern ramming her ship into the fleet. I can buy that action and brush off people who say "why wouldn't they do this all the time", because to me it always looks like a ship in the Star Wars (and even Star Trek) universe have a ramp-up speed before they jump to lightspeed. You see a short blur of light and then they vanish, so I can buy the theory that if you hit another ship during that short blur period you can damage them. However, the whole hyperspace thing opens up another plot stupidity that I haven't heard anyone mention: the First Order is sloooooowly chasing this departing Rebel fleet, slooooowly inching closer as the movie goes on. Why didn't they just send one destroyer to hyperspace in front of them by a few miles and turn around?
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:32 AM   #2298
The Boom Boom Room

Currently LoTJ has a 55% Audience Approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:39 AM   #2299
Cheaterlover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Currently LoTJ has a 55% Audience Approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes
The same as Depp's "Alice In Wonderland", which conversely had a putrid 52% critics' rating... and is #28 in worldwide box office, having made over a billion dollars when it was released in 2010. The only thing that counts to these corporations is the money.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #2300
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
I also realized another big screw-up today when I realized that everything Yoda says about not being afraid to lead with your emotions and feelings is pretty much punching a one-way ticket to the Sith. A Jedi would never go there.
What? Yoda never said anything like that.

You reeruns are just making shit up now.

Quote:
L: Master Yoda.

Y: Young Skywalker.

L: I'm ending all of this. The tree, the text, the Jedi. I'm gonna burn it down.

Y: Ah, Skywalker. Missed you, have I.

L: So it is time for the Jedi Order to end.

Y: Time it is. For you to look past a pile of old books, hmm?

L: The sacred Jedi texts.

Y: Oh. Read them, have you? Page-turners they were not. Yes, yes, yes. Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess. Skywalker, still looking to the horizon. Never here, now, hmm? The need in front of your nose.

L: I was weak. Unwise.

Y: Lost Ben Solo, you did. Lose Rey, we must not.

L: I can't be what she needs me to be.

Y: Heeded my words not, did you? Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:49 AM   #2301
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
So I just got back from the Original Trilogy and hoo boy, what a big piece of shit. I can't express how disappointed I am in these films that are full of plot holes.

First of all, there is just a ridiculous amount of cringy humor all over these movies, and they undercut serious moments. I mean, Han Solo saying "boring conversation anyways" when he shoots the intercom? They're in mortal danger, they have the entire base after them! And huge moments like the first time they finally rescue the princess they've been trying to rescue the whole movie and the first words out of her mouth is "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" Not to mention in every single scene where they're supposed to be in danger, C-3PO is piping up with jokes as the stupid "comic relief."

Then Luke is supposed to be finding this great Jedi master, right, and it turns out it's a ****ing puppet in a swamp who sounds like a goddamn Muppet and who just makes jokes all the time! He seems more interested in his food then teaching him the ways of the Force! These are supposed to be serious scenes in a serious film and instead they just want to joke, joke, joke. Ugh, just cringe everywhere.

Secondly, do they plan on explaining anything? I mean, OK, we've got the Rebels and the Empire. The Rebels are good because they say they're good and the Empire is bad because they say they're bad. That's great. How about explaining how the Empire came to be? Why the Rebels started fighting? None of this is ever explained over literally three movies. And the main villain, the guy who is obviously a big ****ing deal, they never even tell you where he came from? He's just Emperor Palpatine and he's the Emperor because he's the Emperor. Uh, how about explaining how he became Emperor and how he became so powerful in the dark side of the Force? I mean, hello? He's the main bad guy! Seriously, they kill him and never explain who he is or where he came from. I guess now we'll never know.

I mean seriously, it feels like these could use three more films explaining all the shit that they didn't explain in these. I'd watch those, there's no way they could be bad.

Third, these films have no respect for canon. OK, so at the beginning of Empire Strikes Back, Luke is hanging upside down in a wampa cave. And he just reaches out and conveniently the lightsaber just flies into his hand? WTF? It hadn't been established that the Force can do this! Even Obi-Wan didn't do that, and Luke, who hasn't had a lick of actual training, is able to do it first try? Give me a ****ing break with this bullshit.

Oh, speaking of Obi-Wan, they build him up in the entire first movie to be this badass, hell he even trained Luke's father supposedly. You know that he's one of the greatest Jedi (whatever a Jedi is, they don't even really explain that, LOL), and you're all ready for him to **** some shit up. And he - get this - he turns his ****ing lightsaber off rather than just **** this dude up. He lets himself die. They seriously make Obi-Wan into a bitch, dude. I wanted to see him be a badass.

They just throw in twists for the sake of twists. It's like, Vader is Luke's dad, even though Obi-Wan explicitly said Vader killed his dad. Also Leia is Luke's sister? So like, Darth Vader was arresting his own daugher in ANH? They don't even have the same last name! I thought when Yoda said there was another it was gonna be Han Solo, they just shit all over the fan theories.

Then, get this, they destroy the Death Star, you know, the big goddamn base, at the end of the first one, and in the second one the Empire is just conveniently back with no explanation whatsoever? Again, how the hell did they get so powerful? You destroyed their main base and they just show up again like nothing happened!

And that doesn't even get into the ridiculous plot holes throughout the movies. The Empire apparently actually leaked the plans to the second Death Star to the Rebels on purpose so that the Rebels would show up and be slaughtered. But the Rebels end up destroying the Death Star anyways. So why would you give them the actual plans? Why not give them fake plans so even if they survived the trap somehow, they couldn't blow up the Death Star. Also, if the key to the Death Star is the shields, why would you leave like just a couple guys at the base down on Endor? That's the key to the whole thing!

Jabba, just push them off the skiff into the sarlaac! Better yet, just tie them up and shoot them and then there's no chance for them to escape! Tarkin, stop delaying and just fire the Death Star! It took Alderaan out in like two seconds, why does it take a damn year to power up now? It's just awful, everyone acts illogically the whole time.

Christ. You know, I just want to go to the movies to have fun. It's never happened once in my life, but I am sure someone out there will be able to do it. But it's not these movies, that's for damn sure. Avoid these big steaming turds at all costs.

Sincerely,

Modern Star Wars Fan
This is ****ing genius!
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:09 AM   #2302
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
The ultimate problem with the Star Wars universe of films is that it really shouldn't have been one at all.
What are you even doing in this thread?

Go away.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:17 AM   #2303
I'll be back.

Soundtrack wasn't great, but I loved how Williams melded Luke & Leia's theme with Han & Leia's here, and then segued it into new material as Luke walked out to face his destiny.

He nailed the climax of this movie. Just like Luke.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #2304
I'll be back.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #2305
Most Valuable Villain

Clay is killing it in this thread.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #2306
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Clay is killing it in this thread.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:16 AM   #2307
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Whatever happened to going to the movies to enjoy a little escape from real life? Stop being a critic and just try to enjoy the art. I'm not saying that the movie didn't have its flaws but I don't let that stop me from enjoying the experience. Honestly, I think the biggest problem Disney has is having to live up to impossible expectations from the original fans.
Hey I 'm pretty easy to please and didn't even have high expectations for The Last Jedi (I'm just a casual Star Wars fan . Don't own any of the films or any Star Wars stuff at all). but this film in particular went full reerun. really couldn't stand it
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #2308
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
Hey I 'm pretty easy to please and didn't even have high expectations for The Last Jedi (I'm just a casual Star Wars fan . Don't own any of the films or any Star Wars stuff at all). but this film in particular went full reerun. really couldn't stand it
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #2309
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by temper11 View Post
I swear to God... i don't have any idea why you keep saying this over and over. What you are saying makes no sense.
The reason Most people are pissed about rey's parentage isn't that it ruined all the fan theories (that's some of it Admittingly) TLJ makes everything feels so ****ing undeserved in terms of force power Anakin in TPM was suppsoe to be the chosen one naturally attuned with the force and it took him years to move an object with force.

Having Rey beat Kylo who's been trained from Luke and Snoke which she has no bloodline or back story worth a damm.

makes the entire story for me at least pointless.
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #2310
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
The reason Most people are pissed about rey's parentage isn't that it ruined all the fan theories (that's some of it Admittingly) TLJ makes everything feels so ****ing undeserved in terms of force power Anakin in TPM was suppsoe to be the chosen one naturally attuned with the force and it took him years to move an object with force.

Having Rey beat Kylo who's been trained from Luke and Snoke which she has no bloodline or back story worth a damm.

makes the entire story for me at least pointless.
Yeah, Rey beat an emotionally drained and conflicted from just killing his father Kylo who really wasnt trying to kill her while he had a gunshot wound from Chewbacca to the stomach and a lightsaber blow from Finn. What a dumb story.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.