Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6648
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6218
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6594
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6504
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:05 PM   #1021
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
People around KC may not care for it because CAROLINA! and VEGETABLES!, but I like a creamy slaw on a pork sandwich. Especially if paired with a spicy or vinegar based sauce.
I like it that way too
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:27 PM   #1022
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
I like it that way too
Man, I hit up Slaps when I was back in April and was not impressed. We got brisket, ribs, and burnt ends. The brisket was fine, but I thought the burnt ends were overly chewy and the ribs were bland, like not even rubbed bland. I wonder if its because I ordered the bones single instead of half/full slab. Their baked potato casserole was legit though and I liked their sauce. Maybe my expectations were out of wack because the bbq here is complete shit and I was fiending KC bbq, but I found myself wishing I'd gone to one of the big guys instead. Could've been an off day for them though, I know it can happen.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #1023
Shit

Quote:
Man, I hit up Slaps when I was back in April and was not impressed. We got brisket, ribs, and burnt ends. The brisket was fine, but I thought the burnt ends were overly chewy and the ribs were bland, like not even rubbed bland. I wonder if its because I ordered the bones single instead of half/full slab. Their baked potato casserole was legit though and I liked their sauce. Maybe my expectations were out of wack because the bbq here is complete shit and I was fiending KC bbq, but I found myself wishing I'd gone to one of the big guys instead. Could've been an off day for them though, I know it can happen.
Damn its been my favorite lately. I eat the brisket, burnt ends , and i like mine a little chewier I guess im weird, and the cheddar jalapeno sausage with a white sauce. I could live on the sausage and potato casserole I think.

Sorry you had a bad experience. That sucks.

I tried to go a week ago at 3pm and the line went up the block. So maybe it was just a bad day.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #1024
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Provolone if I’m feeling frisky, but usually just meat and bun.
If the meat is fine right, there’s no need for anything else IMO.

Quote:
People around KC may not care for it because CAROLINA! and VEGETABLES!, but I like a creamy slaw on a pork sandwich. Especially if paired with a spicy or vinegar based sauce.
Sounds good. I love vinegar based stuff and coleslaw too.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #1025
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
If the meat is fine right, there’s no need for anything else IMO.
Franklins BBQ is famous for nothing on their ribs and butts but salt and pepper.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #1026
Cheat Death

Quote:
Damn its been my favorite lately. I eat the brisket, burnt ends , and i like mine a little chewier I guess im weird, and the cheddar jalapeno sausage with a white sauce. I could live on the sausage and potato casserole I think.

Sorry you had a bad experience. That sucks.

I tried to go a week ago at 3pm and the line went up the block. So maybe it was just a bad day.
Y'know, we got there at an odd time on a Friday, after lunch, but before dinner. There was maybe 4 or 5 other people there, so maybe that had something to do with it. I'll give them at least one more go and will definitely try the jalapeno sausage and white sauce. It's definitely my type of spot with the outdoor space.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #1027
Cheat Death

Quote:
Sounds good. I love vinegar based stuff and coleslaw too.
Me too. At the very minimum, I like some dank ass vinegary pickles on a pulled pork sandwich.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:03 PM   #1028
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Strange question: Why doesn't anyone ever use Dijon mustard? It seems like it would give it a nice flavor. I hate yellow mustard and once in a while I can taste a little when the pork butt has been slathered too much with it.
I suppose you could but yellow mustard is cheap. Its only there as a binder or glue to keep the dry rub on some meats. You cant taste the mustard after the smoke.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #1029
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I suppose you could but yellow mustard is cheap. Its only there as a binder or glue to keep the dry rub on some meats. You cant taste the mustard after the smoke.

Water and oil work equally as well.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:41 PM   #1030
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
What do you guys top a pulled pork sandwich with? I usually just go meat and bun, not even bbq sauce. But I offer bbq sauce to guests.
I love Carolina pulled pork (and my neighbors are addicted to it now too!!!), so vinegar-based slaw...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:48 AM   #1031
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I must have missed the invite!
No one wants to party with 4 month and 7 month old boys.

It’s bound to get ugly today.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #1032
Shit

Quote:
No one wants to party with 4 month and 7 month old boys.

It’s bound to get ugly today.
Holy shit that seriously sounds like a great time.

I love babies.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #1033
Mod Team

16 hour smoke in the new smoker. So easy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AE91F928-1DB3-45D4-8380-97C5833A5702.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	116471  
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:13 PM   #1034
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
16 hour smoke in the new smoker. So easy!
Looks perfect great job!
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:22 PM   #1035
Supporter

Quote:
Holy shit that seriously sounds like a great time.

I love babies.
Hell yeah! It's teenagers that suck!
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.