Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Who wins the back up quarterback 2017?
Tyler Bray 53 37.06%
Patrick Mahomes II 90 62.94%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2017, 03:10 PM  
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Tyler Bray vs Patrick Mahomes II competition for backup

This should be a simple poll. Who do you all think will win the backup job to Alex Smith during training camp and preseason competition? Meaning the one that gets to suit up on game days to trust when Alex Smith gets KO~ed out of a game.

Andy Reid said this is a competition so let them duel it out.

Tyler Bray 5th year man being a back up to a backup gives him the edge knowing the system and being around the guys and coaching. He is currently the #2 quarterback.

vs the challenger

Patrick Mahomes II the #10 pick in the first round after trading up 17 spots and has a lot to learn but has desire to be the starting quarterback sooner than later.

This isn't about Alex Smith but who would you trust to go in a game if heaven forbid something happens to our starting quarterback to keep us alive for the playoffs?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks View Post
u agree that it was just.. one.. preseason game, yes?
For Bray's fifth preseason... He is shit. He was shit in practice with his errant throws just like the ones he made tonight. He lost confidence in himself after his INT and it was brutal obvious. If that's in a real game and he can't bounce back he will keep putting the team in jeopardy like he did.

Not good showing after his first couple throws but he went downward spiral.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 AM   #107
LEGEND!

I guess we're all gonna ignore Brays 80 yard td pass but let's keep bringing up Pats 40 yard pass. CP logic at its finest
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:23 AM   #108
Still Got The Blues (For You)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
I guess we're all gonna ignore Brays 80 yard td pass but let's keep bringing up Pats 40 yard pass. CP logic at its finest
do stop.

Neither backup looked all that good tonight. Let us not make more of it than that. One preseason game... no QB looked awful, but Bray does need to look over his shoulder as QB2. /this silly shit
Sandy Vagina has disabled reputation
Old 08-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #109
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks View Post
u agree that it was just.. one.. preseason game, yes?
Bray just played in this teams 17th pre season game since he showed up..

The guy hasnt progressed a bit in 4 years. He looks the same as the guy that played in the pre season in 2013 after coming here as an undrafted free agent.

I wasnt the one that said he had reached his ceiling. that was in the post i responded to.

However, Patrick Mahomes floor is higher than Brays ceiling right now as far as im concerned.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:24 AM   #110
LEGEND!

“I felt great coming out,” Bray said. “I went out there and executed pretty well. Mistakes here and there, but they’re fixable. … It was my check down, I was stepping up in the pocket and just threw it a little too far outside.”
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:26 AM   #111

Quote:
“I felt great coming out,” Bray said. “I went out there and executed pretty well. Mistakes here and there, but they’re fixable. … It was my check down, I was stepping up in the pocket and just threw it a little too far outside.”
translation "Graded out perfectly"
Old 08-12-2017, 12:26 AM   #112
Mahomosapien

Quote:
and he followed that beautiful pass that was called back with a terrible interception on a shit throw making a shit decision.

Thats what Bray does. and he has been doing it for 4 pre seasons now.
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #113
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 AM   #114
LEGEND!

Mahomes get some last night magic. He is now up to 10K mentions on twitter
Old 08-12-2017, 12:31 AM   #115
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh006 View Post

However, Patrick Mahomes floor is higher than Brays ceiling right now as far as im concerned.
Which is too bad I was hoping that Bray would be serviceable to allow PMII develop at a steady pace
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #116

No one would give a shit if Bray got cut tomorrow we would just find another teams practice squad warrior that would be our #3 and have Mahomes backing up Alex this year.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #117
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Bray has actually statistically gotten worse in 5 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bray.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	114795  
Old 08-12-2017, 12:34 AM   #118
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Which is too bad I was hoping that Bray would be serviceable to allow PMII develop at a steady pace
What better way to develop than be involved in every practice and talking to alex smith after every drive/wearing a headset on the sideline with a playbook in hand, and actually dressing for games.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:36 AM   #119
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Thats what I am saying.

Mahomes played better than Bray, with the 3s, No oLine, and kept his shit together.

Mahomes earned his time with the 2s. If bray has a problem with it he can go home and throw beer cans out his window or something.
I love Mahomes but I didn't see that at all. Mahomes showed a better improv skill, without question. But on Brays deep ball that was called back, he placed it perfectly. Meanwhile Mahomes underthrew his by 3 yards and took an easy TD off the board. Mahomes made the nice first down throw for 14 yards or so but it wasn't better than Brays back shoulder throw.

The difference in their games was literally 1 foot. If Mahomes misses that throw to Kemp by even a little and it's picked and Bray gets his ball down on third just a little bit, everything is viewed differently.

Now, that foot matters a TON in terms of outcomes, but is it truly predictive? I don't think it is.

I want Mahomes as the 2, don't get me wrong. I'm just puzzled to come back from the game, check CP and learn that folks think Mahomes was great and Bray was shattered ass. I didn't see nearly the separation there and was actually encouraged by both of them.

Last edited by DJ's left nut; 08-12-2017 at 12:54 AM..
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:40 AM   #120
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
What better way to develop than be involved in every practice and talking to alex smith after every drive/wearing a headset on the sideline with a playbook in hand, and actually dressing for games.
assimilating the playbook, is a mother****er evaluating film without possible times said rookie was shitting himself because he couldn't recognize the coverage set then had to Elway/Favre it. Throwing a player to the wolves isn't always the best idea or a David Carr,Jake Plummer, or Heath Shuler situation could arise.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.